McDonald's

Updated Dec 13, 2014

1.6

344 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Crew Member Interview

Super layed back and easy. Met with two different managers, offered job at end of interview

Other Interview Reviews for McDonald's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I was called for an interview for the position of crew member. The interview was very easy with the person conducting it asking a few simple questions like why do I want to work here, and the time I am available. Overall it was a relatively simple process, and there were no hard questions.

Interview Questions
    • I was not asked a difficult or unexpected question. It was just regular interview questions such as why I want to work here, and my availability.   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at McDonald's.

Applied online, got a call to come in and interview. There was a list of 5 basic interview questions that the interviewer read from, which were pretty easy. The interview was in the dining area surrounded by customers. Was offered the job that day and came back the next day to start training.

Interview Questions
    None, never even discussed. Was just assumed that it was minimum wage.

Crew Member Interview

one interview, folloed a script

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watseka, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watseka, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at McDonald's.

I was interviewed by the store manager, she was very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions
    • all the normal interview questions, it was only difficult because it was my first interview.   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at McDonald's.

Saw an ads on the window of McDonald's restaurant. Went there on the day of interview and got the job very quickly. Questions were straight forward, and it took about 15 minutes to schedule a training day.

On the day of training, they showed you videos and walked you through the process. After everything, you had like 2 weeks to get used to everything there.

The manager was strict, professional and very nice. She worked there once a week or less.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at McDonald's.

Applied online, then got a call for interview. The interview was extremely easy. Quit after 4 months since I wasn't respected.

Interview Questions
    • Fast-pace work environment but you get paid the minimum wage.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Ellyn, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Ellyn, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's in March 2014.

Surprised that McDonald's did not hire right on the spot. Eventually offered the crew member job. Had to wait for the uniform and at my location everything is included with the job even the slip resistant shoes. Waiting for that to come in was frustrating but my manager worked with me to watch the videos etc well waiting for the uniform to come in. I got two shirts, two pants, hat choice of visor or regular, and the comfortable shoes. So far my first day is done and over with and I like it so far, it is what it is and I believe in McDonalds for helping me get on my feet. Showing up everyday because you want to and with a smile really helps. Thank you McDonalds for this opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • The interview itself was not difficult. What was most difficult was waiting and thinking they went another route   View Answer
    None this job etc speaks for itself as entry Level

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McDonald's in March 2014.

asked questions about availability, if you could go to the training facility, filled out paper work, explain things about the store then on a call back the person who did the hiring wasn't even working at the store anymore. Pointless and a waste of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centralia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centralia, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at McDonald's in March 2014.

I applied online one night. Next morning, I got a call from the manager for an interview on that same day. Went in to McDonald's, we interviewed right at one of the booths. It was a nicer McDonald's, clean with modern decor and a play place, and it was at a less busy time. 20 minute interview, and they gave me the job.

I was looking for a summer job and I was applying in March. Told me that they were busiest during the summer and needed to hire around 60 employees, so I guess since I passed the online test and didn't look scary they just took me. The manager probably asked me two things: one, if I've had any job experience; two, my school. Manager was kind, the 20-minutes were mostly the manager talking about how it works around the place, the uniform, the training. We didn't mention wage or hours; wage was on the online application (and do you negotiate that?? I'm a rookie), and hours will be determined later.

At the end of the interview, I was surprised. I asked something to the effect of, "Do I wait for an official notification of a job acceptance?" Manager said it was casual, that I'm pretty much being offered the job right there. So the manager assumed during the whole interview that I had the job. Said I'm gonna be working at the front because I seem "hospitable," so maybe that type of position is more a personality/looks type of qualification.

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate at all. They just gave me the job, and I was happy.