McDonald's

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

1.6

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McDonald's.

A Facebook friend posted that her Mcdonald's was hiring so I applied online and put a her name in the referral box. The next day I got a callback asking me to come to the store immediately but since it was already 7 pm, I asked to go the next day. When I showed up at the restaurant, I was offered a drink and I sat in the lobby for about 45 minutes waiting for the manager. She was very pleasant and seemed eager to hire new people. There were no particularly difficult questions. In fact, there were very few questions at all. She asked for an example of a time when I was a team member and why did I want to work McDonald's. Other than those two questions, the rest were about what station I preferred to work at, scheduling, etc. I made sure to ask her a few questions about what she liked about working for Mcdonald's and advancing through the company. I asked if there would be a second interview and she said yes, the next day there would be.

My second interview was very similar to the first. The manager who was conducting it didn't realize it was my second so that might be why haha. Same thing that happened at the first happened at the second. She was very nice and she seemed to genuinely enjoy her job. She asked me about a time that I was a leader and how I would respond to an angry customer. Same questions about things on my application. Afterwards, I sat in the lobby for probably a half hour waiting for the hiring manager to come out. That was sort of nerve-wracking, probably the most difficult part of the interview process actually. She came out and told me and the other person who was interviewed that day that we were hired and to bring our IDs and social security cards sometime in the next few days.

Interview Questions
Everyone starts out at minimum wage, no exceptions. Flexible scheduling.

Other Interview Reviews for McDonald's

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McDonald's.

I filled out an application online with lots of questions. A couple of days later I got a call for an interview at 12pm the next day. I went to the interview and they said they couldn't hire me because I was only 14. A waste of time if you ask me.

Crew Member Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at McDonald's.

Went in and asked for an application, the manager gave me one, I filled it out handed it back and was asked to come back in hour for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Hiring manager was laid back and we both ending up laughing for most of the interview. Was hired on the spot.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at McDonald's in July 2014.

The hiring process was just me applying online at the McDonald's website and the interview was her asking why I wanted to work there and my availability. The manager was very nice and I really liked her. At the end of the interview she said she said she will give me a chance and gave me the paper.

I did not negotiate.

Crew Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McDonald's in June 2014.

I went in on Open Interview day, which was every Monday at my McDonald's. I walked in, went to the front counter, and asked where the open interviews were taking place. The girl at the counter offered me a drink, which I declined, and told me to sit in the lobby/main food area. The hiring manager, who was having another interview at the time, was sitting with another man at a booth. I sat down at an unoccupied table, and waited for the manager to come over to my table. When he came over, he asked me some questions, mostly about availability, and then ended the interview with an "I'm interested in you!" It was a 10 minute process, and I got a call back 3 days later asking to come in this Wednesday, and to bring my social security card. So, we'll see what happens.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Robersonville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Robersonville, NC

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at McDonald's in June 2014.

I applied online and called the store to check the status of my application about 3 days later. The manager told me to come in for an interview the following day. When I arrived at the interview it was about 6 other applicants waiting along with me. Luckily I was the first person to be interviewed. This was probably the easiest interview I ever had in my life. She just asked me about my experience in fast food and education. Then she started explaining to me how orientation works and what's expected out of each worker. She was pretty straight forward that she was a tough manager and that the job is what you put into it. She told me to bring in my ID and social the following day.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult question at all. Interview is pretty straightforward and very simple   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation on pay whatsoever. We haven't discussed hours yet but I'm pretty sure they are flexible with your schedule

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX
    Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

I applied online – interviewed at McDonald's in June 2014.

I don't really remember the exact date I applied since I applied to this store dozens of times, but i got a call last wednesday. I was asleep. When I woke up, I saw that I had a missed call I checked online to see who the number belonged to. I saw that it was McDonald's and I called back and they asked for my name, I told them, and then they said that they would like an interview at 11. I went a couple of minutes early and they made me sit down on the dining area. I waited for like 20 minutes before the manager came to interview me. He asked me basic questions like, why do i wanna work here, how long do i see myself working here, etc. Then he gave me a little test that asked questions and said situations about working there and if you would do that or not. For example, one of the situations was a kid dropped ice cream and he dropped it and started crying, would you give him a free one, tell his mom to buy one, etc. Each question had yes or no, so you had to choose one. As I was taking the test I saw that he was interviewing some other girl. Her interview lasted longer than mine but he didn't give her a test so I don't know if that is good or bad. She seem more enthusiastic though, but I don't know how the manager would get the answers that he would get on the test without her taking it. After I finished I gave him the test completed but I had to wait till he finished his interview with the girl. He said he would call me in 2-3 days but as of the moment i write this, I have not gotten a call, and it has been 5 days.

Interview Questions
    • What would you like to earn by working here?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dawsonville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dawsonville, GA

I applied in-person – interviewed at McDonald's in June 2014.

walk in interview at the location I worked at store 15591 in dawsonville ga with store manager
    from another store close by
    she was impressed with my dress and manners and my maturity and I was hired on the spot

Interview Questions
    • how did you hear about us? job opening do you have any experience what made you decide to apply here
      asked question about my work history
      asked me why someone with my qualification would work at mcdonalds, I told them I was retired and on a pension and wanted to work instead of sitting around at home
      are you ok with working with teenagers witch they hire a lot of

View Answer
    nome starting out at minimum wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at McDonald's.

This was the easiest interview I have ever had. I was asked questions on previous job sites and given a potiential employee packet to fill out. As long as you pick the obvious right questions, and you are not a convicted criminal, there is no way you can fail this questionaire.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. Again - super easy interview.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's.

I just called them to check up on them if they reviewed my application already, but immediately upon that call I got the interview. At the actual interview, it took about 5 minutes, was quick and simple. Most of the questions are questions they'll ask to get a better picture of you, for example if you're on a sports team & you're still attending high school and they'll ask how you are with teamwork, etc. Be sure to be confident, not "too cocky" confident, but the type of confident that "you look like you know what you're doing" confident.