McDonald's Crew Member Interview Questions

1.6

313 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aurora, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in April 2013.

It was very easy and everything went as expected. There were no trick questions. Most questions were basic things like why do you want to work here, or where do you see yourself in 5 years.

Interview Questions
  • There were no difficult questions, I recommend looking up job interview questions, so you know what to expect going into the interview   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McDonald's

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at McDonald's in January 2014.

I walked into the store and asked for the hiring manager. They were currently hiring so when I asked for an application and she told me it was all online. She took down my name and I went home and applied. Later that night I go a call for an interview. On the day of my interview I was interviewed by 2 people. They ask the standard questions like;

What would you do in this situation...etc...

Explain a difficult time you had with a co-worker.

How would you greet the customers.

They basically asked the same questions twice.

I got hired on the spot and took the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you needed to get something done quickly.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Watseka, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watseka, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's.

I was interviewed by the store manager, she was very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions
    • all the normal interview questions, it was only difficult because it was my first interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Centralia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centralia, PA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's in March 2014.

I applied online one night. Next morning, I got a call from the manager for an interview on that same day. Went in to McDonald's, we interviewed right at one of the booths. It was a nicer McDonald's, clean with modern decor and a play place, and it was at a less busy time. 20 minute interview, and they gave me the job.

I was looking for a summer job and I was applying in March. Told me that they were busiest during the summer and needed to hire around 60 employees, so I guess since I passed the online test and didn't look scary they just took me. The manager probably asked me two things: one, if I've had any job experience; two, my school. Manager was kind, the 20-minutes were mostly the manager talking about how it works around the place, the uniform, the training. We didn't mention wage or hours; wage was on the online application (and do you negotiate that?? I'm a rookie), and hours will be determined later.

At the end of the interview, I was surprised. I asked something to the effect of, "Do I wait for an official notification of a job acceptance?" Manager said it was casual, that I'm pretty much being offered the job right there. So the manager assumed during the whole interview that I had the job. Said I'm gonna be working at the front because I seem "hospitable," so maybe that type of position is more a personality/looks type of qualification.

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate at all. They just gave me the job, and I was happy.

Crew Member Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at McDonald's.

Saw an ads on the window of McDonald's restaurant. Went there on the day of interview and got the job very quickly. Questions were straight forward, and it took about 15 minutes to schedule a training day.

On the day of training, they showed you videos and walked you through the process. After everything, you had like 2 weeks to get used to everything there.

The manager was strict, professional and very nice. She worked there once a week or less.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at McDonald's.

Applied online, then got a call for interview. The interview was extremely easy. Quit after 4 months since I wasn't respected.

Interview Questions
    • Fast-pace work environment but you get paid the minimum wage.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurnee, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's in February 2014.

The interview lasted about 5 or 10 minutes and she asked about my work history and what I would do in certain situations like dealing with a upset customer. After she was done asking questions she said she liked my allot. She also thought I was a good fit for the position and that she was going to talk with the GM and set up another interview with him and I.

She said she would call me later on the same day but, I never received a call. The next day I called her to see if she she was still interested in me and she said that she'll call me back later to talk and again never did. I decided not to bother calling her again. I figured that she can't keep her word 2 times in a row and without being apologetic in the least that about it that I probably wouldn't want to have a boss like that.

Crew Member Interview

It went very well. The questions were very easy and getting the job was easy too.

Crew Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's.

There are usually two interviews in the entire process: one with a department manager and the second with the general manager. They usually take the time to review the application you filled out online, just to make sure that you aren't messing around, I guess. I don't know if that is part of standard interviewing protocol, but other than that, nothing really stuck out to me as unusual.

Interview Questions
    They will start you out at the minimum wage, so if you live in a Right to Work state... good luck to you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bethalto, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethalto, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at McDonald's in April 2013.

The interview process was actually quite easy. I went in and they just told me to find somewhere to sit in the Lobby so that is what I did. The hiring manager came right away and was very sweet. She asked me a few questions about how well I work with a team and what I value in life. They asked me if I wanted the job right on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question to me was, "Have you ever had a time when you worked with a team and had to work hard to figure something out? If so please explain how you accomplished your goal."   Answer Question