McDonald's

Getting the Interview

18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at McDonald's in March 2012.

Interview Details – Call in for the interview, structured interview process, then call you back for the orientation.

Interview Question – How can you help this company grow?   Answer Question

Dacula, GA

I applied online - interviewed at McDonald's in December 2009.

Interview Details – after an online application, i was interviewed then accepted.

Reason for Declining – I am looking for a job related to my longer work experience which is in Administration.

Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at McDonald's in April 2011.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, and a online class

Negotiation Details – good for a first job not a lifelong job

Fort Myers, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details – I wanted about 30 mins for the interviewer to finally come interview me even though I was on time. She just said "you still want a job" and hired me on the spot

Interview Question – Why Mcdonalds   View Answer

Crew Trainer

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details – I was called in by the store the next day for an interview for the day after that. When I arrived, I knew what to expect as family worked there. I was asked very simple questions, nothing major, and had a orientation that same day.

Interview Question – No questions were really that hard.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not try to negotiate.

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at McDonald's in June 2009.

Interview Details – Simple interview. Just asked the usual behavioral questions.

Interview Question – What would you do with an unruly customer   Answer Question

Little Rock, AR

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at McDonald's in September 2012.

Interview Details – They held interview days several times per month, where they generally interviewed on a first-come basis. They did call me in, however.

I have worked here twice. The first time, I was recommended for the position by upper management, and they simply asked when I was available and verified my previous work history.

The second time, those same two questions were asked. In addition, I was interviewed in detail on my position at the previous McDonald's and what I had done there, what department I was in, what my RDM was, etc.

Interview Question – I think she asked me to think of a silly nick name for myself?   Answer Question

Beaufort, SC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's in February 2013.

Interview Details – well they hold job interview every tuesday at 4pm and they really need overnight crew members

Interview Question – there anit really none long as your a hard worker   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – well i told them about me and my past and i got hired

Mount Pleasant, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at McDonald's in May 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty standard. Since so many people apply, the manager can afford to look at little things on your application. Did you capitalize your name? Use the correct grammar? Do you have a fairly open availability? After that, there is an interview. Again, pretty standard. They ask about your work experiences, strengths, weaknesses, why you want to work there, etc.

Interview Question – They will ask one thing you feel you need to improve on and you don't want to be sitting there looking like an idiot trying to think of something that you could work on. Nobody is perfect! Think of something that you know you could improve (nothing too outrageous, I hope!) and explain to them what you are doing to work on that shortcoming of yours.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase. They offer you a job starting at minimum wage and they offer raises based on performance reviews. There are also chances for raises when you move up to trainer or manager status.

Live Oak, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's in December 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed and asked the basic interview questions. Such as what is your experience and how long would you like to invest in our company?

Interview Question – What can you bring to McDonalds?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one.

Interviews for Top Jobs at McDonald's

Worked for McDonald's? Contribute to the Community!

McDonald's Videos

McDonald's – Why Work for Us?

Can you imagine a world without the Big Mac? Or Chicken McNuggets? Or Happy Meals? Luckily, back in 1954, a man named Ray Kroc discovered a small burger restaurant in California, and wrote the first page of our history… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McDonald's Crew Trainer interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by McDonald's employees and interview candidates.