McDonald's

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Department Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's in June 2009.

Interview Details – The only time I've seen the interview process spin down the drain is when someone is so completely unsettling, that hiring that person would be out of the question. Even further, the only time I see an application itself tossed aside is when the availability is too limited. Openers and closers are often in high demand. During the school year, we need help from the mornings until early afternoon.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at McDonald's?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I needed a job, and I got one...

Columbus, OH

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was called by the Mcdonald's Corp recruiter in Illinois. He interviewed me and asked me what I would like to make as a salary. He then sent my information to the corporate offices in my city. That following Monday I was contacted by the area talent manager. She then set up an interview about a week later. After the interview she set up a 2-day OJE ( ON JOB EVALUATION ) where I came into a restaurant and I worked for two days while the evaluated how I dealt with customers, delegation, and cleanliness.

After the OJE was over I waited another 2-weeks for the background check to clear. After the background check cleared the made call to set up a meeting to make me an offer. I met my new Supervisor at the Offer metting and accepted the offer. A week later I started on June 13th 2012.

The process lasted from April 28th - June 30th.

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. I thought more about the fact that I was coming in on the ground floor of a major opportunity.

Department Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McDonald's in May 2011.

Interview Details – Once a promotion is on the horizon, the employee creates a development plan and their resume to distribute to 5 or more supervisors. These supervisors then conduct a roundtable type of interview. After a week or so word is given whether or not you have made the cut, shortly after an offer is proposed.

Interview Question – The questions that were about food cost and what improvements I could offer.   View Answer

Worked for McDonald's? Contribute to the Community!