McDonald's

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern/IT Interview

Intern/IT
Oak Brook, IL

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details – Apply Online, expect a confirmation email then if your resume interests HR you get a phone interview. If the phone interview goes well, you get called in for a face-to-face interview. A few weeks later, if you got the job, you will get a call and an offer. The whole process from online resume to reciving an offer took about six weeks.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, I was very happy with the offer.

IT Intern

I applied online - interviewed at McDonald's in March 2014.

Interview Details – There were 2 rounds. First behavioral and Second Technical. The first rounds was logical questions mixed with personality ones. Second round included technical from the projects that I have done.

Interview Question – When would you graduate?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no

Oakbrook Ter, IL

I applied online and interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details – I applied online on November 2012 and they followed up in February with the questionnaire to fill up. After that I was called to interview with IT infrastructure group with 5 potential managers.

Interview Question – Why McDonalds?, Why IT? as my background was in electrical engineering. They also asked me about my recent project. Whole interview took about 45 minutes.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Oak Brook, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in March 2012.

Interview Details – Took about 3 weeks. Apply online and you have a first round with the HR, then a questionnaire to fill out, and last the Interview with 4 potential Department managers.

Interview Question – It is pretty easy going and an open conversation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, it is all dependent on he year of school you are in.

IT Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details – Phone interview and then an onsite interview. Phone interview again

Interview Question – Nothing was an unexpected question. It was behavioral and technical mix.   Answer Question

Oak Brook, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's in March 2011.

Interview Details – I first interacted with McDonald's at a career/internship fair for my school. They took my resume and encouraged me to apply online which I did. Days later I received a phone call that I had been selected for an interview. The interview itself was about an hour long and consisted of three different managers from three different departments asking normal interview questions (Why McDonald's? Why IT? Strengths? Weaknesses?) A couple days later I received another call saying I had been selected and accepted the offer. I loved every moment of being an intern for McDonald's.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for McDonald's?   View Answer

Oak Brook, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at McDonald's in April 2011.

Interview Details – The process for applying and hearing back in regards to an internship at McDonald's is long; you almost think they forgot about you. I applied and was sent an email asking some basic behavior questions: what are your skills/weakness etc. After that I was called in for an onsite interview. I interviewed with 3 potential managers, which was nice because I got specifics on what expectations each manager had for me. Overall the questions were all basic behavioral questions and some about my resume.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you were working on a project with a difficult team member. How did you motivate them?   Answer Question

Oak Brook, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was conducted over the phone. I was speaking with a group of McDonald's employees working in the department I was applying for. For the most part the interviewers were polite and easy to talk to. Only one of the interviewers was a bit confrontational. They began by describing the position in detail. At this point I realized that this position may not be what I originally thought it was from reading the brief summary of the job posting.

Next, I was asked to go over my educational and professional background. Since we were not speaking in person it was hard to judge how much detail they wanted to hear. It was complete silence as I was giving them a monologue speech of my school and work experiences. Finally, I stopped and asked if they wanted me to continue and elaborate further but they said no.

By the end both parties realized that this position is, in fact, not what I'm looking for. The interview was good practice, nonetheless.

Interview Question – Describe your educational and professional background and how it fits with the job's requirements.   Answer Question

Worked for McDonald's? Contribute to the Community!