McDonald's

Updated Oct 13, 2014

3.2

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McDonald's.

I interviewed with two people. They were very friendly and really wanted to get to know you. They started off by asking general questions like, what do you like to do for fun. The rest of the interview consisted of the questions that you would expect in an interview. The questions asked were mostly based on leadership and how do you work in a team.

Other Interview Reviews for McDonald's

Intern Interview

very difficult very hard to get this job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McDonald's in April 2013.

The interview process was a little tough. The interviewers were two HR reps that didn't know anything about the actual position. Most of the questions were what you would expect in an interview with just a little awkward wording to test your critical thinking. I was left a voice-mail after the interview asking me to come in for a second interview but when I returned the call the HR rep said he had made a mistake and called the wrong person... he meant to call someone else that had the exact same first and last name.... needless to say I was disappointed with the process overall.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you over someone who has the exact same skills, experience, and education?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

They just asked the basic questions about what we know how to do and how we could help with our skills

Interview Questions
    • What marketing campaign do you think has been the most successful?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at McDonald's in April 2012.

I saw the job posting on my University’s career services website and was instructed to apply directly to McDonald’s website. It took a few months to hear anything back and was then asked to complete a few questions about my education and strengths/weaknesses and why I wanted to work for McDonald’s. Another month went by and I was asked to set up a phone interview. I interviewed with the director of the department I would be working for. The interview lasted 45 minutes and consisted of standard behavioral questions. Another month went by and I took it upon myself to contact HR since I hadn’t heard anything and then was contacted shortly after to schedule a one on one interview at the corporate office. I interviewed with the same woman and this was more of a conversation about what was on my resume and what I had learned from those experiences, since the behavioral portion had been covered in the phone interview. It took about 3 days after that to hear back on the decision.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose to major in IT? What aspect of IT interests you most?   Answer Question
    • What kind of insights do you think you could bring to our department?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's in April 2012.

It was really simple, I got a phone call saying that they wanted to bring me in for a 30 minute interview. Many of the questions were leadership and project oriented.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's in March 2012.

The initial interview was done over phone. I ended up being interviewed by at least four people simultaneously who were in a room together, something I had not experienced before. It was focused strongly on "give an example when" questions. It was a pleasant experience overall, but I was not adequately prepared with my best examples for the specific situations called for.

Interview Questions
    • It was something along the lines of giving an example of a time I facilitated communication during a difficult situation involving diversity. I can't remember the wording.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's in December 2011.

Directly got an on-site interview, the interview was an hour long with 3 interviewers in a room. Most questions are behavior questions, which is pretty expected. Interviewers were pretty nice.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McDonald's.

Applied online, shortly after received a phone interview. After the first phone interview, I was asked to fly our to Oak Brook, IL for face to face interview or do another phone interview. I chose the other phone interview. A week later I was told I got the job pending background check.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's in May 2014.

They sent me a text message 2-3 weeks after I submitted my CV. The text message informs me about the time and date of the interview.

I was interviewed by two HR officers. The questions are as follows:
    a) Tell me about yourself
    b) What is the most difficult personality have you dealt with?
    c) Why did you choose marketing?
    d) What are your expectations in the company?

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me will always be... "Tell me about yourself"

You'll never know what they want to hear about you.

Answer Question