McDonald's Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2015
1,096 Interview Reviews

1.8

Crew Member Interview

Easy, not that hard. Basic interview questions you can find on google. I applied online, got a call within a week, person to person interview within another week, got a call I got the job in a the following week.

Interview Questions
    • IF a customer was mad about their order, what would you do?   View Answer

I applied online – interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview seemed pointless in the grand scheme of things. It is more likely that there is only an interview because of some kind of tradition -- either that or to see if the person is has any hint of self control because this job requires absolutely no skill whatsoever.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McDonald's.

I got a call asking for an interview 2 days after I applied online, I went in that Monday and had my interview and got hired that day.
    The interview took no longer than a few minutes and was pretty straight forward. Just a tip of advice it'll be fast paced and they expect QUICK 1-2 sentence answers relative to anything that has to do with why you're qualified. They will more than likely NOT look over your application longer than it takes to memorize your first name so the first impression makes a huge impact not so much your application. The hiring managers come off as very serious, remember you're NOT going in there to make a friend you're going in there to convince someone you're good enough for their company.
    It helps a lot if you know someone who works there (whose a good employee) and be very respectful. Eye contact, smile, loud voice, no phone, firm handshake and dress in a NICE outfit but not too get-uppy with statement jewelry (I wore a light blue button up shirt and black fitted slacks with black flats.)
    When you get there let an employee know you're there and they'll tell you to take a seat wherever, the hiring manager will come in a few minutes and tell you to follow her to a secluded booth. I got there 10 minutes early and made sure to smile at customers walking by, I ever had a small conversation with one.
    If they like you they'll hire you on spot by scheduling you for orientation, if you get the "we'll call you and let you know" there's a 90% chance you didn't get the job.
    BTW they don't hire anyone under 16 and if you get hired you'll bring a permit to orientation.

Interview Questions
    • "Imagine I'm a customer, show me how you would greet me, take my order, etc"   View Answer
    • "Imagine I'm the same customer, I come up to you and tell you my order isn't correct, what do you do?"   View Answer
    • What do you know about Mcdonalds and our corporation and franchise?   View Answer
    • "What do you hope to gain from this position? and how long will you be staying if employed?   View Answer
    • "Have you ever been employed before or are you currently employed? If not, why?" "Do you have any community service?" "What experience did you gain from that job that would be useful for this position?"   View Answer

Shift Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at McDonald's.

It was a simple interview. They asked me job related questions and I answered them. I then asked them questions and they answered me. The process took less than 20 minutes.

Cashier Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's.

The interview lasted at most 8 minutes long. Very chill and laid back. I mean its mcdonalds so it's not going to be a very thorough interview. Most of the time they're happy to hire anyone.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation just took what I was given

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at McDonald's.

Easy. Very simple questions they ask and usually about 2 questions about behavioral. Most question are self explanatory. Easy. Very simple questions they ask and usually about 2 questions about behavioral. Most question are self explanatory.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at McDonald's.

Phone interview with a recruiter first, then another phone interview with the manager. Very nice and easy to talk to. Focused on situational questions and your own experiences. Recruiter was very nice and easy to speak with. Managers were a little more challenging, but also very nice.

I applied in-person – interviewed at McDonald's.

I turned in my application, was asked to sit down with my best friend at the time. Then the hiring manager looked at both my friend's and my application. She said they needed some smart white girls like us and hired us on the spot. I almost didn't take the job because of the "white" comment. But she ended up getting demoted a couple years later...

I didn't negotiate.

Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at McDonald's.

I applied online the process took less then a week. They called me on a Saturday was told to come in Tuesday for a interview. It was very simple i was nervous at first but quickly shaked it off. I was very talkative smiled a lot. Was told they would call me back Tuesday for an interview. The lady said she like i was talkative and not shy. im feeling really positive she will call me back..

McCafe Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at McDonald's.

Applied on a Monday at about 12pm after seeing the ad on Indeed.com and got a call at around 3 asking if I could interview at 4:30 that day. I agreed, but my transportation fell through so I was a little late but I called and let them know ahead of time and he was completely understanding. I arrived, walked in and met with the manager who was finishing up schedules for the week. He asked me to tell him more about myself and I gave him a short and sweet paragraph. We chit-chatted a bit, he asked me what hours I was available and hired me on the spot. He told me to call when I got my social security card and he'd send me to orientation. Whole process took about 5 minutes