McDonald's

Updated Mar 1, 2015
1,048 Interview Reviews

1.8

Cook Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at McDonald's in January 2008.

met with manager, chatted about job, didn't get the job. Pleaded for job, asked for new interview, then returned to the line up to get new interview with a different person. Asked for raise, then found out what pay scale was and called tim hortons to see if they were hiring.

Can't Remember Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McDonald's in January 2012.

had to answer lots of questions. DIdn't know how to answer lots of the questions I was asked. Thought it might be a good place but Ididn't know how to answer the questions. The questions were hard to answer. Not sure why I need to state at least 50 words in order to see the next part of this.

Drive Thru Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentleyville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentleyville, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McDonald's in March 2011.

short unprofessional, too personal, pay non negotiable, over worked rude

nothing

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, KY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at McDonald's in November 2012.

Two initial interviews for crew position, one interview with general manager and supervisor for management position and the general management position was with the training director, supervisor and director of operations. Very professional interview and prospective more as a business and how to get results. They asked questions to get perspective of how I would react or work through specific situations. They asked me to describe specific situations to display competencies that were learned through McDonalds.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do when you cannot satisfy the customer?   View Answer
    Discuss expected salary

applied online

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McDonald's in February 2009.

Went in, said some words, walked out....typical

Interview Questions
    • Can you eat 20 chicken mcnuggets in less than 5 minutes?   View Answer

Burger Flipper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at McDonald's in July 2012.

I entered the interview with the understanding that I could do this job without speaking the local language but soon discovered that wasn't possible. I couldn't understand most of what they were saying to me.

Didn't speak Mandarin

Burger Flipper Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McDonald's.

They asked me how many fries I can make in an hour. I didn't know what to say!!!! I told them, "I don't know". He looked at me like I was crazy. He said, "How about an egg"? How many eggs per hour? I said 18. He asked how I would know that and I told him that I had known that they asked those types of questions, so I timed myself with a carton of eggs in the kitchen. "Why didn't you do the fries?", he asked. I told him that the great potato famine had left me scarred for life and that I swore to never hurt another potato in my life.

That was some crazy ****

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's in April 2013.

I arrived at the McDonald's specified address wearing semi-formal clothing. I arrived early, and informed the employee at the counter that I arrived for an interview. The employee told me to take a seat, and I waited for the interviewer. When the interviewer came, we greeted and shook hands, and I was directed to a table away from the other tanles the customers used. The interviewer asked questions like what I know about the company, why I wanted to work at McDonald's and what my strengths and weaknesses are. I answered all these questions to the best of my knowledge. WHen the interview was over, the interviewer told me that I would get a call from the company's manager if I was deemed appropriate for employment in a couple of days. However, I did not get the call.

Interview Questions
    • How to propely answer the question: "What salary/wages would be appropriate for you?" or any similar questions.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online – interviewed at McDonald's in July 2014.

I attended an interview at the one located on winton and north end. The interviewer was nice but not focused.she had several other conversations not work related with others during my interview. One worker walked up and pulled through others interview applications and read them in front of her . It was totally unproffesional. She mad a rude comment to an interviewer before me.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I pick you over the others?   View Answer