McDonald's Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

1.8

Fry Cook Interview

It was hard and difficult to understand the questions and direction of this company. They have you looking at the counter, then the station and tell how to sell us more. You also have to see how fast you put down the fries and how long to bring them up. It was pressure filled and hard.

Cashier Interview

It went well. Manager was nice. Store was clean. I was on time. I got to see the food and watch how it was being made. I watched a busy lunch hour and how fast the cashiers worked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Donelson, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Donelson, TN

I applied online - interviewed at McDonald's in August 2014.

I received a call for an interview a few days after applying online. I needed to reschedule the original interview time/day due to an unexpected child care issue which seemed to be okay at the time of the call to the manager (note: I had applied for the night shift and child care would not have been an issue during or around that time, the interview times were during the day, I had also called earlier in the day to try to notify the manager of this but he was not on shift yet and the person who answered the phone did not take a message and said to call back when he was on shift, 20-30 minutes before the original interview was set). I arrived 5-10 minutes early for the rescheduled interview dressed appropriately and let the manager know I was there for the interview. They seemed irritated and asked if I could give them about five minutes or so as they were running the register which was no problem so I sat down near the register and used the time to observe the operations of the store. Thirty minutes later and still waiting, the manager had disappeared. I decided to leave as it started to feel really awkward, I don't think that they could have forgotten as I was sitting right in front of the ordering area. I'm not sure if there were other circumstances going on, maybe they had already hired someone for the position, but they should have just let me know at the beginning or cancelled the interview beforehand. Very weird as the manager suggested the time and date.

Crew Interview

I applied online - interviewed at McDonald's.

I submitted an application online and checked on it in person a few times. I had given up hope when two weeks passed without me getting a call,and was surprised when i got one for a five pm interview. I came five minutes early and was told to find a seat. Sat for 15 minutes and was greeted by a tired non smiling manager. She seemed disinterested and was rushing through it. it was my first interview and i was nervous.I never got a call back.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at McDonald's.

I had received a call on my phone asking when i would be available for an interview. A couple days later, I had one interview and was hired on the spot. The manager asked me about 10 questions about myself.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online - interviewed at McDonald's.

I applied online and was called in for a interview. They had a manager and a shift leader there to interview me at the restaurant. Very basic questions. It was as professional as it can possible considering you're being interviewed in a fast food chain.

Trainee Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at McDonald's.

normal interview by hr head... pretty basic questions need to know your background and need to be able to work long hours
    its good to be able to know yourcareer goals
    need to be able express interest

Crew Trainer Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at McDonald's.

normal freaking interview for a minimum low wage freaking anybody can do job. I am an office manager who can't find a full time job and my daughter worked there as a manager and with an additonal job i am able to keep my house

Cook Interview

I went to McDonalds and asked them for a job and then they told me to fill out some form on their website. After a few months, they called me and begged me to come in for an interview. When I showed up, they told me that I wasn't what they were looking for because I have no idea what I'm doing.

Drive Thru Cashier Interview

quick and simple, i would say it was no different than any other job interview. paper application OR online, wait for a call back. i would apply if you are looking for work.

Worked for McDonald's? Contribute to the Community!