McDonald's

Getting the Interview

694 candidate interviews

Cashier Interview

Jersey City, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's in April 2014.

Interview Details – Great interview, we talked about life in generl, my experiences and stuff it was overall a good interview, greate person to talk too and and was very nice and was very interested in what i had to say. Good location too.

Interview Question – How would you handle a fight.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Not enough money

Crew Member Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call to come in and interview. There was a list of 5 basic interview questions that the interviewer read from, which were pretty easy. The interview was in the dining area surrounded by customers. Was offered the job that day and came back the next day to start training.

Interview Question – What is your greatest strength   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, never even discussed. Was just assumed that it was minimum wage.

Regional Training Consultant Interview

Bethesda, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in March 2014.

Interview Details – Initial contact was made by Transition Assistance Recruiter. Once application was submitted I received a call from the McDonald's recruiter for a phone screen, after the phone screen I was asked to attend an initial face to face interview at the Regional HQ. That process took about 2 weeks. Next I was asked to return a week later to meet with the QSCVP and his team consisting of Operation Directors and Training Managers. Both interview sessions were conducted very professionally and felt more like a conversation with a close friend than the usual grilling/ impersonal type interview. Once that was successfully completed, I was invited to conduct an on the job evaluation where you work 2 days in a store shadowing the manager getting a feel for the operations and pace of the fast food environment. It also allows for the company to see how you fit in their culture. Once I successfully completed that I was contacted again by the McDonald's recruiter to submit my background check paperwork. A few days later I received a call from the Regional HR rep notifying me that I was offered the position and the parameters that came with it. In all the process took about 30 days.

Interview Question – The most difficult question....let me see I guess it would be what was my favorite meal from McDonald's luckily I had just experienced the new Clubhouse Burger and was impressed enough to call it my new favorite McDonald's meal.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – In the negotiation process I asked and received a firm confirmation that the offer received was both above average and included enough perks to strengthen the offer.

Certified Shift Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details – When they call you anwer you interview that's it

Interview Question – If you are getting an interview you are probably already hired if your a crew person   Answer Question

Operations Intern Interview

Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in April 2014.

Interview Details – It was a great process. I enjoyed the process. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. It took a pretty long time to interview since there were many other candidates. I had a phone interview then a 1:1 interview. Many of the questions were repeated to test consistency as well as knowledge about McDonalds

Interview Question – Are your grades an important representation of who you are?   Answer Question

Crew Interview

Urbana, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at McDonald's in January 2014.

Interview Details – applied online and got a phone call a few days later to set up an interview. i went in and discussed why i wanted to work there and told them about my experience with mcdonald's and she liked the fact that i had experience and decided at the end of the interview to hire me which i accepted.

Interview Question – what made you want to work here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – i was with the same company but different cities and they increased it by 10 cents from the last store i worked with. it just depends on what experience you have with mcdonald's if you have none you are most likely to get minimum wage

McKenzie, TN

I applied in-person - interviewed at McDonald's in December 2012.

Interview Details – I put my app online, and contacted the hiring manager the next day. after approximately 3 months of calling once or twice a week I finally got the interview setup. My interviewer was late, but the interview was painless. She mostly asked questions about my schooling, and if I was in any extra activities outside of school. There were some questions about employment history.

Interview Question – What I would do to bring more customers to the company.   View Answers (2)

Interviewed at McDonald's

Interview Details – one interview, folloed a script

Interview Question – why work for mcdonalds   Answer Question

Overnight Crew Trainer Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in October 2012.

Interview Details – I went in to apply in person and was referred to their website to complete the application online.I returned to the store two days later and spoke with the manager. She is always busy but very kind. She made me feel comfortable and ready to get to work. its slightly unorganized as well and they can really use more training

Certified Shift Manager Interview

Champlin, MN

I applied through other source and the process took 10 months - interviewed at McDonald's in April 2011.

Interview Details – We have one or two interviews a week but all or new crew as we call them don't last more then a month because they do get trained on anything beside the grill area.

Interviews for Top Jobs at McDonald's

Worked for McDonald's? Contribute to the Community!

McDonald's Videos

McDonald's – Why Work for Us?

Can you imagine a world without the Big Mac? Or Chicken McNuggets? Or Happy Meals? Luckily, back in 1954, a man named Ray Kroc discovered a small burger restaurant in California, and wrote the first page of our history… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McDonald's interview questions and advice. All 694 interview reviews posted anonymously by McDonald's employees and interview candidates.