McDonald's

824 candidate interviews

McDonalds Cashier Interview

McDonalds Cashier
Towson, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in April 2014.

Interview Details – The management staff took a long period to agree with my application, given that I had to go by myself to remind them of my interest to work in this company. On several occasions they didn't pick up my calls, so I had to goto the store by myself as I will advice everyone interest in working in this firm to do. When the manager finally reviewed my application online, I was simply asked the amount of time I was available to work; in fact, it was so prompt that they didn't even ask me any interview questions. From that day, I was converted from an unemployed to an a worker.

Interview Question – The most hillarious thing is that I was not ask any typical interview question of any sort.   Answer Question

Crew Member

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details – Very friendly, but yet strict and the process was fairly quick. The whole process took only 5 days however he let me know the day of that I would without a doubt be the first one to be trained and start working

Interview Question – What would you do if the customer gets angry and throws a fit or throws a scene ?   View Answer

Interviewed at McDonald's

Interview Details – Basically I was asked about my previous job exp. I told her and it was cool. She asked me a few questions and then sent me to get a drug test which i took and passed.

Interview Question – What did you most dislike about your last job? Management.   Answer Question

Crew Member

I applied online - interviewed at McDonald's in September 2011.

Interview Details – They sit you down and they just say they will hire you. Nothing to it. Of course they ask you all of these questions that are sometimes irrelevant for the job, but at least they are caring enough to ask. They did a background check where I worked, for reasons I do not know.

Negotiation Details – You get minimum wage regardless

Mobile, AL

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at McDonald's in July 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process was just me applying online at the McDonald's website and the interview was her asking why I wanted to work there and my availability. The manager was very nice and I really liked her. At the end of the interview she said she said she will give me a chance and gave me the paper.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question they are pretty easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Crew Member

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details – A Facebook friend posted that her Mcdonald's was hiring so I applied online and put a her name in the referral box. The next day I got a callback asking me to come to the store immediately but since it was already 7 pm, I asked to go the next day. When I showed up at the restaurant, I was offered a drink and I sat in the lobby for about 45 minutes waiting for the manager. She was very pleasant and seemed eager to hire new people. There were no particularly difficult questions. In fact, there were very few questions at all. She asked for an example of a time when I was a team member and why did I want to work McDonald's. Other than those two questions, the rest were about what station I preferred to work at, scheduling, etc. I made sure to ask her a few questions about what she liked about working for Mcdonald's and advancing through the company. I asked if there would be a second interview and she said yes, the next day there would be.

My second interview was very similar to the first. The manager who was conducting it didn't realize it was my second so that might be why haha. Same thing that happened at the first happened at the second. She was very nice and she seemed to genuinely enjoy her job. She asked me about a time that I was a leader and how I would respond to an angry customer. Same questions about things on my application. Afterwards, I sat in the lobby for probably a half hour waiting for the hiring manager to come out. That was sort of nerve-wracking, probably the most difficult part of the interview process actually. She came out and told me and the other person who was interviewed that day that we were hired and to bring our IDs and social security cards sometime in the next few days.

Interview Question – None. They were all pretty common sense.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Everyone starts out at minimum wage, no exceptions. Flexible scheduling.

Mcdonalds Crew Member Interview

Mcdonalds Crew Member
Springfield, MO

I applied in-person and the process took 4 months - interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details – Very unprofessional, they go off a written script that asks questions about customer service and your personal experiences. As a past hiring mgr, I know the process first hand. We only use the online apps, cuz they include the scores from the assessment. Red, yellow, and green, with green the only ones we were to choose.

Interview Question – Depending on who does it - you could get asked if you could be a cartoon charactor who would you be. Or the famous Why McDonalds?   Answer Question

Crew Trainer Interview

Crew Trainer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in April 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process begins with a manager asking you a number of questions depending on which position you are applying for. If they hire you, you move onto the orientation where you learn about the company and what is expected of you.Here you will receive your uniform. After orientation, they will give you a date and time of your first scheduled training day and you will move on from there.

Interview Question – Many difficult questions you will receive at this job are customer related questions. Many time is will be mostly a misunderstanding.   View Answer

Window Cashier Interview

Window Cashier
Crestview, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at McDonald's in November 2013.

Interview Details – Very unprofessional the manager was basically flirting with one of the employees right in front of us. They did not train very well. Managers seemed to think that you will learn by magic.

Interview Question – Can I purchase my own black pair off non slip because they ran out.   Answer Question

Area Supervisor Interview

Area Supervisor

Interviewed at McDonald's

Interview Details – Apply online at McState.com. The application is then sent to the selected location. You need to be prepared for interview with resume and all questions are "tell me about a time when..." The questions are based on customer service, teamwork, work ethics etc.

Interview Question – On your last performance evaluation, what did your boss think your personal strengths... developmental needs?   Answer Question

Worked for McDonald's? Contribute to the Community!