McDonald's Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015
1,580 Interview Reviews

1.8

McDonald's Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cologne (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McDonald's (Cologne (Germany)) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job online just by sending my CV and a photo. Then I received an email from the manager who invited me for an interview. The "interview" took 10 minutes. I was just asked two questions and the manager didn't seem to care much for the answers. He simply asked them for the protocol. Then I had to fill in a detailed form with my personal data, previous work places and preferences.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why did you decide to apply to McDonalds?   Answer Question
    • Q: Why McDonalds since there are so many other fast food restaurants around?   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McDonald's (Leeds, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was in for an interview the next week. Interview lasted around 20 mins and didnt have to do any practical, just a talk with the manager who was very nice and was very interested in why i wanted to work for the company. Very chilled and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Why Mcdonalds? Why are you right for the job? Fast or friendly service? How does Mcdonalds create a good environment? If you were a brand which would you be and why?   Answer Question

Casual Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McDonald's (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2015.

Interview

I just went online and applied through their website was easy to apply and a week or so later i got an email for an interview. Just went to the counter and asked for the interviewer. He then came out 5 or so minutes later greeted me and asked some questions to get to know me better. The process was smooth and easy to do. The questions that are asked aren't too challenging to answer.

Interview Questions

• How was your day? Why would you like to work at maccas? Tell me bit more about your self? Why do you think you are suited for maccas?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McDonald's (Stockton, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Went to a hiring even, got an interview on the spot. Usually a group interview, but my group had individual interviews. There were two, whole process took about 3 days to get hired. Teyy asked you basic questions( What qualifies you, what makes you different, what skills do you have... etc.)

Interview Questions

• How would you greet a customer when they walk into the store(act out)?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Smithville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's (Smithville, TN) in November 2011.

Interview

It was one day process hired on the spot and started working within few days. I was a high schoo student. So pretty basic stuff. It's freaking McDonald's not that hard to apply and get offered a job. They typically are always hiring because a lot of teenagers quit or never show up.

Customer Service Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lanham, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's (Lanham, MD) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview was within the restaurant in one of the booths. That day by chance I was interviewed by general manager.She sat right across from me like we were on a date. The background was very noisy and distracting due to customers.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you think are important for this job?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant - McDonald's Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview was quick and to the point. Met with the internal HR recruiter and the admin office manager. Posted job description was misleading- Description portrayed assisting one Sr. Director; Upon interviewing, there was confusion in explaining the role and the company hierarchy. Position was in fact to assistant 10 Sr. Directors. Valuable time was spent trying to understand the position instead of answering interview questions. It was apparent that the interviewees were not familiar with the job; felt like I was almost 'prompting' them to get the next question.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle being pulled in many directions, for example, working on an urgent assignment for one director and have another director call you with an urgent task?   Answer Question

Certified Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roscoe, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McDonald's (Roscoe, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

It was easy to get a job for me at McDonald's! I filled out application online and waited for them to calle for an interview. When they intervied me it took only 10 minutes to complete. They ask questions about your qualities you hold to even work for them. They hired my because They thought I would be a good worker.

Interview Questions

• flexible with days, times and shifts.   1 Answer
    • They ask me if I dont mind work in a fast passed job!   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McDonald's in June 2015.

Interview

Very quick, applied online and the next day went in for an interview. VERY easy interview process, asked 3 or 4 simple questions, ran a background check, had orientation a week later.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McDonald's in April 2012.

Interview

I came in and talked to someone at the counter and they got the manager. The hiring manager came out and we sat in a booth in thd lobby. She was very nice and patient considering I was nervous for my first job interview and a student. We went over a series of questions that took ten to fifteen minutes I would say. Afterward I was given the job on the spot, although this is in part due to the employee referral that I had.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work in a group? How did that go?   Answer Question