McDonald's Interview Questions & Reviews

854 interviews

1.8

Anonymous Employee  in  Donelson, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Donelson, TN

I interviewed online - interviewed at McDonald's in August 2014.

I received a call for an interview a few days after applying online. I needed to reschedule the original interview time/day due to an unexpected child care issue which seemed to be okay at the time of the call to the manager (note: I had applied for the night shift and child care would not have been an issue during or around that time, the interview times were during the day, I had also called earlier in the day to try to notify the manager of this but he was not on shift yet and the person who answered the phone did not take a message and said to call back when he was on shift, 20-30 minutes before the original interview was set). I arrived 5-10 minutes early for the rescheduled interview dressed appropriately and let the manager know I was there for the interview. They seemed irritated and asked if I could give them about five minutes or so as they were running the register which was no problem so I sat down near the register and used the time to observe the operations of the store. Thirty minutes later and still waiting, the manager had disappeared. I decided to leave as it started to feel really awkward, I don't think that they could have forgotten as I was sitting right in front of the ordering area. I'm not sure if there were other circumstances going on, maybe they had already hired someone for the position, but they should have just let me know at the beginning or cancelled the interview beforehand. Very weird as the manager suggested the time and date.

Crew Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's in February 2011.

simple, i came in and met with the hiring manager and i got the job. even tho she lied to me about talking to my former bosses, cuz everyone ive worked for has retired

McDonalds Cashier Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at McDonald's in April 2014.

Turned in application in person to hiring manager for team member/ cashier position. Took about 1 1/5 weeks to get an in person interview. I though it went well for my first job interview. The manager was friendly and upfront about the expectations of the job. Basic interview questions. I.E. Tell me about yourself; why do you want to work for McDonalds?; why should I hire you? The interview was very fast 20-25mins and within a week I got a call back.

Interview Questions
    • Scenario questions about how to handle disgruntled customers   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

It went well. Manager was nice. Store was clean. I was on time. I got to see the food and watch how it was being made. I watched a busy lunch hour and how fast the cashiers worked.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Temecula, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at McDonald's in March 2014.

i got 2 interviews, 1st call interview and 2nd was panel interview, went to the main office for orientation, sign contract, ordered for uniforms and waited 3 days till i started working.

Interview Questions
    • i didn't get enough training, it was on the spot. i got yelled at by my manager everyday for not doing it right on my first week of working. but i upgraded myself from looking how things done, it's like a self study.   Answer Question

Shift Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at McDonald's in October 2013.

It was relatively easy, just your basic questions about your experience in management. After that they move on to how well you handle stressful situations, how well you get along with others, and how you prioritize. The process is in two parts first you will speak to the area supervisor. This person is in charge five to six restaurants. Then general manager of the restaurant of your initial assignment. After that you may be assigned to another restaurant or simply left there depending on need.

Interview Questions
    • It is not one I tripped up on, but one that is not always answered correctly. The prospective manger is asked " There is spill on the floor, the ketchup dispenser is empty and you need more happy meal boxes. Which problem do you take care of first"? The correct answer is the spill. Although you may be inclined to provide great customer service and refill the ketchup dispenser, or get the drive-thru line moving by getting more boxes. Your chief responsibilities are customer safety and company liability. That means you not only have to place a wet floor sign on or near the spill, but cleaning it up immediately.   Answer Question
    Very easy, the general manager decided pay rates and was usually done after the second interview.

Fry Cook Interview

It was hard and difficult to understand the questions and direction of this company. They have you looking at the counter, then the station and tell how to sell us more. You also have to see how fast you put down the fries and how long to bring them up. It was pressure filled and hard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at McDonald's in March 2013.

I walked in, asked for a job, the GM scheduled an interview and told me to bring my information for the new hire paperwork. When I arrived at the interview, he asked what my availability was and signed me up for the job. There was absolutely no effort involved.

There was no negotiation. I asked for the job and was given it on the spot.

Crew Member Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at McDonald's.

I had received a call on my phone asking when i would be available for an interview. A couple days later, I had one interview and was hired on the spot. The manager asked me about 10 questions about myself.

Maintenance Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's.

I applied online and got a call the following day. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and when it concluded I was told I would receive a call in the following days to let me know if got the job. Two days later I was called and told i got it. A week later i went to orientation. All in all the interview was easy and it took about two weeks to hire

Interview Questions
    • The question were not difficult. Just the standard "Why do you want to work here" and "Tell me about yourself"   Answer Question
    Nonnegotiable

Worked for McDonald's? Contribute to the Community!