McDonald's

Updated Feb 25, 2015
1,041 Interview Reviews

1.8

Reserve Interview

The interview was quite standard. I was tested in my ability to juggle chicken nuggets, Krav Maga, defensive driving, and customer service. I was then blindfolded and taken to the training facility, which was a Play Place, rigged with traps and explosives. I beat the previous candidate's best time by mere seconds.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

I applied online – interviewed at McDonald's in January 2015.

Applied and got called 4 days later. Very easy interview and got a job the same day. I came and at least 7 other applicants were there I thought they were just interviewing everybody and not hiring the same day but I was happy when she said come back for an second interview with SS card and ID

No negotiation

Shift Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McDonald's in January 2015.

The interview went great. Everyone was very friendly and the atmosphere was pretty calm. They really made you seem like they care about you as a person and thats what I enjoyed the most. I recieved a job over, but I politely declined. I really just wanted more interview experience.

Crew Person/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at McDonald's in January 2015.

I was interviewed through an employee referral - my cousin. One of the manager told me which is also my friend that it is really helpful to have connections inside but they pretty much hire anyone as long as you're capable and interested of the job.
    I applied online and on the next day the manager told my cousin to tell me to come in on monday. The interview took place in the middle of the dining area along with the customers The manager ask me some expected questions about my career, availability and future goals. Afterwards she told me I got the job, but only part time and I should earn my way if I wanted to be a full time employee - be a manager or be her top performer.
    She ask me if I want a coffee or something to drink and I didn't hesitated to say yes. She hand me a paper and told me to go to the address she wrote for my orientation and take an exam for a food handlers card. She told me to call her if I did and finished her instruction or if I have any questions.
    My advice is to be prepared and be relax. Give the interviewer a firm hand shake and thank him/her for his/her time. DON'T FORGET TO SMILE.

Interview Questions
    i didn't had the chance to negotiate because it was pretty much it and I should work hard to earn my increase.

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at McDonald's in January 2015.

I applied online and was called a few days later to come in that same day for an interview. I arrived to the interview 10 minutes early. The manager came out and we sat at a table in the dining room and she just asked me basic questions about my availability and if I ever worked in a team and what I learned from being a part of a team. She also asked if I ever had to deal with rude customers and what I would do if I had to deal with one. The manager was super nice and she asked me if I could do the second interview later that day. She said that I had to go to the McDonalds corporate office down the road for this interview. When I got there, there was one guy just finishing up his interview so I had to wait a few minutes. When I was finally called back, I had to go into an office and the interviewer sat behind a desk. It was definitely the most formal fast food interview I have ever had and probably ever will have. The interviewer was not very nice and kept acting disgusted that I currently worked for one of their competitors. She asked me about availability and if I ever had two jobs before. This interview lasted maybe four minutes and at the end, she asked me for my ID and a social security card. She told me that she would give me a call when she makes her decision. She did not even stand up to say goodbye or even acknowledge me after that. Overall one of the worst interviews I have ever been on.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. The only difficult thing was dealing with the second interviewers bad attitude.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sparks, NV
    Anonymous Employee in Sparks, NV

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at McDonald's in January 2015.

I replied to a craigslist ad, applied online, the same day had interview with the FO then 3 days later interview with GM. I was told that the GM would review with FO to see their take of me, then a week past. I called to see what was going on with my application, I really want to work there I do, but the GM said she would call if she needed me. So I guess I don't have job there. Its was something I really wanted to do and was able to do. If I didn't want to work there wouldn't apply there.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you juggled multiple things at once at your previous job.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Really brief process- seemed to be a generic interview that they give to all interviewers. It focused on questions on my expierence more than anything else. The entire process took about a week before they got back to me with an offer to move forward.

Interview Questions
    • What is most important to you in a company?   View Answer

Crew Member Interview

Very easy . We sat down , they asked 5 questions and that was it. Not to much , very little . I was somewhat disappointed , but at least I got the job I needed temporarily .

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for McDonalds?   View Answer
    There were no negotiation to it or anything like that . I was offered the job on the spot

Shift Manager Interview

Manager wanted to know if I could fix fries while making shakes without dropping any. If I could I would have been hired but unfortunately I couldn't confirm that.

Crew Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McDonald's.

I got a call 2 days after completing the application online. It's a pretty simple interview, they ask you some basic questions about availability, previous work history etc. As long as you clear their background check, you will be fine.