McDonald's

Updated Jan 27, 2015
1,017 Interview Reviews

1.8

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's in December 2014.

I applied to McDonald's and a week later received a phone call in the morning to schedule an interview later that afternoon. I arrived 25-30 minutes early and the place was packed. I waited in line so I could approach the counter and let the lady at the register know that I was there for an interview. I sat down for a few minutes until the manager who would conduct the interview came out. There were a few other applicants waiting for interviews along with me. The others were dressed fairly casual, while I adorned a tucked in white short-sleeved button-down, black pants, a black belt, and black sneakers with a clean shave. After a couple of interviews, it was my turn. I offered the manager my resume to highlight my volunteer work and included a reference list with it. The interview was very conversational, rather than your typical 'read off a script' sort of deal. He was friendly and after taking a bit to look over my resume, he explained what he was looking for in a worker. He asked what position I was interested in and asked to see my I.D. as he filled out a form. He also asked me what I would do in a case where there were hundreds of customers piling up at the counter with only two cash registers, nothing too complicated. He mentioned he's been working at McDonald's for some amount of time, and I told him that I'm a career-oriented individual myself. At this point, he gave me a sheet of paper with information about the orientation location and said that I would be given a call to have a date scheduled. I thanked him for his time and went off. A few days later, he gave me a call to schedule the date and time of the orientation. Orientation is mainly filling out paperwork, getting your uniform, and going through a quick powerpoint. The following day, I was being trained in the restaurant. From the time I applied to my first day, it took about two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any. Just let the manager know you're serious about working there.   View Answer
    I didn't bother negotiating because it was my first job.

Mcdonalds Crew Member Interview

One laid back interview at the restaurant. A manager and owner did the interview, and it took about 10 minutes, simply behavior questions, work flexibility etc. It seems almost anyone can apply and get a job at McDonalds.

Crew Member/Grill Cook Interview

I called the store and asked about openings and the manager interviewed me the next morning and told me I was hired within 5 minutes! I didn't have a food handlers card at the time either

simple

McDonalds Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at McDonald's.

The cashier forgot to tell the manager that I had arrived so I waited for two hours. Besides that, the interview went fine and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for us?
      What makes you a valuable asset?

Answer Question

Mcdonalds Crew Member Interview

Simple, tell me about yourself interview. All questions were expected, the basic things you should see coming you can find on the net. When they ask you if you have easy access to transportation always say yes! got called back the second day sand was told i got the position.

Interview Questions
    • Like i said about all were expected, just review the company history and the typical interview questions before you go in for a job   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wyoming, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wyoming, MI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McDonald's.

I applied online in February, got a call back late March for an Interview. The people manager was nice she asked simple questions, its fast food so really simple. I was asked to come back for a second interview the next day with the store manager. The store manager canceled the next day and rescheduled for the next week. The second interview was a lot about my personal experiences. I was offered the position and gladly accepted.

Mcdonalds Fry Cook Interview

It was quick and easy. The manager did the interview and was super upbeat and really made me think that I could have a great future working there. Walked in and got the job. Manager was super nice and showed me around. I started that evening

Interview Questions
    • If I could have dinner with anyone dead or alive, who would it be?   View Answer
    Simple

Drive Thru Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McDonald's.

The interview and the hiring process is really easy. They basically just hire you because most employees just come and go. If you're available and the store is you're applying is almost always busy, then you just get the job. They ask you when you're available and that's pretty much the whole interview.

Crew Member/Grill Cook Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at McDonald's.

Pretty standard process for a fast food place. Nice guy who interviewed me. I felt comfortable, but that may because I have interviewed at food service places many times before. They didn't ask me anything surprising or strange.

McDonalds Crew Interview

They do a lot of stupid and boring stuff, all you really have to do is answer all the questions correctly and make sure that you don't look smart. Sometimes being to " full of potential" is a deterrent to these people. Apparently if you're smart, you won't stay.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have plans on going to college.   View Answer

Stigma.