McDonald's Interview Questions

Updated Oct 29, 2014
Updated Oct 29, 2014

1.8

Department Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's in August 2014.

I was interviewed by my regional manager. Basic interview questions and told right away that I was promoted to the position and to start training. training took about a month and a half. LMS, LDR, and in store training.

Interview Questions
    • How have you bettered your store and what can you bring to the table if you receive this postion   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eau Claire, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eau Claire, WI

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at McDonald's in August 2014.

It took three interviews over a year to get the job. A long process indeed, this business only hires quality employees. They asked me several common questions, I had a reference already working at business who was younger than me. Was very disappointed when that was the only reason I got the job because of the reference. The manager gave me my uniforms which included a hat, 2x shirts, but 1x pants, and belt. I'm disappointed that I did not receive 2x pants and the manager said they'd get me a second pair of pants. The belt is very flimsy and is a piece of junk that has broke several times.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at McDonald's.

I applied online and was called in for a interview. They had a manager and a shift leader there to interview me at the restaurant. Very basic questions. It was as professional as it can possible considering you're being interviewed in a fast food chain.

McDonalds Crew Trainer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at McDonald's.

The usual why would you like it here and why would we want you to work here. Make sure your appearance is good, but not too terribly fancy. This job is an easy one to get, which makes sense as it is a starting job.

There was none

Crew Member Interview

apply online, was told open interviews were Monday at 9. I showed up was interviewed with general questions and was hired. Other people showed up and were dressed in street clothes. (tank tops and shorts). They were not offered any job. The questions were focused on working as a team and customer service.

Interview Questions

I received another job offer

Crew Member Interview

Basically I was asked about my previous job exp. I told her and it was cool. She asked me a few questions and then sent me to get a drug test which i took and passed.

Interview Questions
    • What did you most dislike about your last job? Management.   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at McDonald's.

Very friendly, but yet strict and the process was fairly quick. The whole process took only 5 days however he let me know the day of that I would without a doubt be the first one to be trained and start working

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if the customer gets angry and throws a fit or throws a scene ?   View Answer

Mcdonalds Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at McDonald's.

Very unprofessional, they go off a written script that asks questions about customer service and your personal experiences. As a past hiring mgr, I know the process first hand. We only use the online apps, cuz they include the scores from the assessment. Red, yellow, and green, with green the only ones we were to choose.

Interview Questions
    • Depending on who does it - you could get asked if you could be a cartoon charactor who would you be. Or the famous Why McDonalds?   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McDonald's.

A Facebook friend posted that her Mcdonald's was hiring so I applied online and put a her name in the referral box. The next day I got a callback asking me to come to the store immediately but since it was already 7 pm, I asked to go the next day. When I showed up at the restaurant, I was offered a drink and I sat in the lobby for about 45 minutes waiting for the manager. She was very pleasant and seemed eager to hire new people. There were no particularly difficult questions. In fact, there were very few questions at all. She asked for an example of a time when I was a team member and why did I want to work McDonald's. Other than those two questions, the rest were about what station I preferred to work at, scheduling, etc. I made sure to ask her a few questions about what she liked about working for Mcdonald's and advancing through the company. I asked if there would be a second interview and she said yes, the next day there would be.

My second interview was very similar to the first. The manager who was conducting it didn't realize it was my second so that might be why haha. Same thing that happened at the first happened at the second. She was very nice and she seemed to genuinely enjoy her job. She asked me about a time that I was a leader and how I would respond to an angry customer. Same questions about things on my application. Afterwards, I sat in the lobby for probably a half hour waiting for the hiring manager to come out. That was sort of nerve-wracking, probably the most difficult part of the interview process actually. She came out and told me and the other person who was interviewed that day that we were hired and to bring our IDs and social security cards sometime in the next few days.

Interview Questions
    Everyone starts out at minimum wage, no exceptions. Flexible scheduling.

Area Supervisor Interview

Apply online at McState.com. The application is then sent to the selected location. You need to be prepared for interview with resume and all questions are "tell me about a time when..." The questions are based on customer service, teamwork, work ethics etc.

Interview Questions
    • On your last performance evaluation, what did your boss think your personal strengths... developmental needs?   Answer Question