McDonald's Interview Questions

1.8

Mcdonalds Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at McDonald's.

Very unprofessional, they go off a written script that asks questions about customer service and your personal experiences. As a past hiring mgr, I know the process first hand. We only use the online apps, cuz they include the scores from the assessment. Red, yellow, and green, with green the only ones we were to choose.

Interview Questions
    • Depending on who does it - you could get asked if you could be a cartoon charactor who would you be. Or the famous Why McDonalds?   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McDonald's.

A Facebook friend posted that her Mcdonald's was hiring so I applied online and put a her name in the referral box. The next day I got a callback asking me to come to the store immediately but since it was already 7 pm, I asked to go the next day. When I showed up at the restaurant, I was offered a drink and I sat in the lobby for about 45 minutes waiting for the manager. She was very pleasant and seemed eager to hire new people. There were no particularly difficult questions. In fact, there were very few questions at all. She asked for an example of a time when I was a team member and why did I want to work McDonald's. Other than those two questions, the rest were about what station I preferred to work at, scheduling, etc. I made sure to ask her a few questions about what she liked about working for Mcdonald's and advancing through the company. I asked if there would be a second interview and she said yes, the next day there would be.

My second interview was very similar to the first. The manager who was conducting it didn't realize it was my second so that might be why haha. Same thing that happened at the first happened at the second. She was very nice and she seemed to genuinely enjoy her job. She asked me about a time that I was a leader and how I would respond to an angry customer. Same questions about things on my application. Afterwards, I sat in the lobby for probably a half hour waiting for the hiring manager to come out. That was sort of nerve-wracking, probably the most difficult part of the interview process actually. She came out and told me and the other person who was interviewed that day that we were hired and to bring our IDs and social security cards sometime in the next few days.

Interview Questions
    Everyone starts out at minimum wage, no exceptions. Flexible scheduling.

Area Supervisor Interview

Apply online at McState.com. The application is then sent to the selected location. You need to be prepared for interview with resume and all questions are "tell me about a time when..." The questions are based on customer service, teamwork, work ethics etc.

Interview Questions
    • On your last performance evaluation, what did your boss think your personal strengths... developmental needs?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at McDonald's.

The interview was very informative and explain that I would be training at all positions in the store. I started by training in the drive-Thu and then the counter and kitchen.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McDonald's.

I filled out an application online with lots of questions. A couple of days later I got a call for an interview at 12pm the next day. I went to the interview and they said they couldn't hire me because I was only 14. A waste of time if you ask me.

Third Shift Interview

Open interview. Group interview with assistant to the regional manager. Probably about 12 people there. Took half an hour or so. Seemed like nice enough people but no room to grow

Crew Member Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at McDonald's.

Went in and asked for an application, the manager gave me one, I filled it out handed it back and was asked to come back in hour for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Hiring manager was laid back and we both ending up laughing for most of the interview. Was hired on the spot.   Answer Question

Drive Thru Cashier Interview

quick and simple, i would say it was no different than any other job interview. paper application OR online, wait for a call back. i would apply if you are looking for work.

Cook Interview

I went to McDonalds and asked them for a job and then they told me to fill out some form on their website. After a few months, they called me and begged me to come in for an interview. When I showed up, they told me that I wasn't what they were looking for because I have no idea what I'm doing.

McDonalds Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Forest Park, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Forest Park, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's.

be prepared to wait before you actually get interviewed. I got hired on the spot for just being dressed up and smiling. they asked simple questions. They basically want to know about you and why you want to work there and bring a resume even if you don't have work experience.

Interview Questions
    • what does EXCELLENT customer service mean to you.   View Answer
    They didn't ask about salary