McDonald's

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

1.8

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at McDonald's.

I had received a call on my phone asking when i would be available for an interview. A couple days later, I had one interview and was hired on the spot. The manager asked me about 10 questions about myself.

Cashier Interview

I saw the "Now Hiring" sign and spoke with the manager. I then proceeded to complete the online application. I selected the store number for the specific McDonald's location I wanted to work for. Got the job. Very simple process.

Crew Interview

I applied online – interviewed at McDonald's.

I submitted an application online and checked on it in person a few times. I had given up hope when two weeks passed without me getting a call,and was surprised when i got one for a five pm interview. I came five minutes early and was told to find a seat. Sat for 15 minutes and was greeted by a tired non smiling manager. She seemed disinterested and was rushing through it. it was my first interview and i was nervous.I never got a call back.

Sales Associate Interview

I just filled out an application, turned it in and got "interviewed" all in the same day. All I was asked was when I'd be available to work. Make sure you have good availability.

Mcdonalds Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Mirage, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Mirage, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at McDonald's in August 2014.

I applied & they called me the very next day for an interview for the next week. They called back a group of about 15 people to take an assessment. It was really easy, just counting the coins & then another form of scenarios. My interview was with one other person because they had so many people to call back. It was really fast and simple :) it just depends on who your interviewer is. I was hired on the spot!

Interview Questions
    Don't panic or get nervous. Most of the interviewers are so nice & they try to make the experience fun :)
    Just be yourself & you'll be fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Donelson, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Donelson, TN

I applied online – interviewed at McDonald's in August 2014.

I received a call for an interview a few days after applying online. I needed to reschedule the original interview time/day due to an unexpected child care issue which seemed to be okay at the time of the call to the manager (note: I had applied for the night shift and child care would not have been an issue during or around that time, the interview times were during the day, I had also called earlier in the day to try to notify the manager of this but he was not on shift yet and the person who answered the phone did not take a message and said to call back when he was on shift, 20-30 minutes before the original interview was set). I arrived 5-10 minutes early for the rescheduled interview dressed appropriately and let the manager know I was there for the interview. They seemed irritated and asked if I could give them about five minutes or so as they were running the register which was no problem so I sat down near the register and used the time to observe the operations of the store. Thirty minutes later and still waiting, the manager had disappeared. I decided to leave as it started to feel really awkward, I don't think that they could have forgotten as I was sitting right in front of the ordering area. I'm not sure if there were other circumstances going on, maybe they had already hired someone for the position, but they should have just let me know at the beginning or cancelled the interview beforehand. Very weird as the manager suggested the time and date.

Operations Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's in August 2014.

Referred by current employee and also applied online. Was contacted by a recruiter then an HR consultant. Applied online then was offered a face to face interview. The interview was just under one hour. At the conclusion I was told a decision would be made within the next 10 days. Just before the end of the 10 day period, I was contacted by phone to verify I was still interested in the position and again it was mentioned that if the position I applied for wasn't available, would I accept a lesser position to get my foot in the door. I said that I was open to that but was concerned about the salary of that position as it was much lower than the position I applied for. Additionally I mentioned that I would consider accepting that position if there was a guaranteed time frame for advancement to the position I originally applied for. A commitment was made that I would be contacted the following week. I was not contacted until three weeks later and was offered the lesser position with no advancement guarantee and I declined.

Interview Questions
    • Was provided information to review in advance to prepare for a panel type interview. Interview consisted of questions related to experience and how I would have/have handled situations and problems that arise during the course of supervision of restaurants.   Answer Question

Was offered a lesser position that I applied for. This potential offer was mentioned in my face to face interview and while I was open to accepting a lesser position to get in the door the salary would not have met my needs and I was not ok with being told I could advance in the future by interviewing for advancement without any guarantee. The employer didn't adhere to the time frame they outlined for communication with me which led me to believe they were not actually hiring for the position but trying to hire talent to bench for future needs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eau Claire, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eau Claire, WI

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at McDonald's in August 2014.

It took three interviews over a year to get the job. A long process indeed, this business only hires quality employees. They asked me several common questions, I had a reference already working at business who was younger than me. Was very disappointed when that was the only reason I got the job because of the reference. The manager gave me my uniforms which included a hat, 2x shirts, but 1x pants, and belt. I'm disappointed that I did not receive 2x pants and the manager said they'd get me a second pair of pants. The belt is very flimsy and is a piece of junk that has broke several times.

Department Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's in August 2014.

I was interviewed by my regional manager. Basic interview questions and told right away that I was promoted to the position and to start training. training took about a month and a half. LMS, LDR, and in store training.

Interview Questions
    • How have you bettered your store and what can you bring to the table if you receive this postion   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McDonald's in August 2014.

I filled out an application online and the manager called me a few days later to set up an interview. I live in a very wealthy town in which almost no other high school students would consider working here, so it was a very easy job to get. They're desperate for people to work here so they'll hire essentially anybody. my interview was literally two minutes. i walked in with a polo and khakis, even though i probably could have worn street clothes. the manager introduced himself and then asked me what hours i could work and how old i was. he then told me to come in the next day to pick up my uniform and get my info into the computer system. i shook his hand and went home.

Interview Questions
    There's no negotiating. i knew it was close to minimum wage. ended up giving me 8.50/hr