McDonald's Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015
1,147 Interview Reviews

1.8

Burger Flipper Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

It was very easy. All you had to do was show up to the interview and they just asked basic questions. I'm pretty sure anyone could do it. The interview is really nothing to worry about. The one thing that caught me off guard was when they asked me to spell Tomato.

Anonymous Employee in Punta Gorda, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at McDonald's (Punta Gorda, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I apply online and after a few days they call me for an interview. I was scared bcause it was my first job interview. But after I met the manager she was so funny and she liked me bcause I smile a lot and I'm smart, she hired me right away!! The interview last about 5minutes, the was fun!!!!!

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at McDonald's (Huntsville, AL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call the next day asking some pre-interview questions before telling me when to come in for a one on one interview. They informed me of their policy on tattoos and confirmed some information from my job application.

Interview Questions

• Whats a time you've had to pay fine attention to detail?
      Do you have any visible tattoos?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newbury Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's (Newbury Park, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

My interview was ok, but I could of done better. I applied online and then I got a call to come in a day. The interview was short. It was at 4 p.m., but I arrived ten minutes before the designated time. The person who I was interviewed by was the shift manager. She asked about six questions. I recommend wearing casual formal attire and smile a lot. She said she would talk to her boss, presumably the hiring manager, to discuss whether or not I go the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's (Cypress, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Called me in for an interview a few minutes after I turned in an online application. Waited 2 weeks after the interview to get called in for orientation. Easy interview. They were more interested in my schedule and hours more than anything else.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gardena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McDonald's (Gardena, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The entire process took about a month. I just received a call last week telling me to come in for an interview. I scheduled to meet with the manager on that Friday, and was told to call back within five days to confirm the results of the background check. Apparently the lines we crossed because a manager from another McDonald's location contacted me, saying that he also wanted me to come in for an interview. I proceeded to call him back because I couldn't make time frame he had scheduled and by doing so he said "thanks for applying anyway. Since it wasn't the same location I had my initial interview, I decided to call that manager who said that my background check was clear and to call back the next day for the orientation details.

Anonymous Employee in Franklin Square, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's (Franklin Square, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I'm an 18 years old high school graduate that needs money to pay for college tuition. I applied to Mcdonald's online for a crew member position around early January and I waited at least 3- 4 weeks for Mcdonald's to give me a call but no answer. I guess nowadays you have to make the call since it's harder to find jobs or show that you are interested in the position. I called the manager on Friday after 4 weeks to check the status of my application. The manager scheduled me for an interview next week Monday evening but was unable to make it due to harsh weather. I don't have a car and the roads was very icy and slippery so I call the manager that I couldn't make it and was glad that I got scheduled for an interview for another Monday in the morning. When I went to the interview, I dress neat and professional. The interviewer was somewhat friendly. I thought I did great in the interview and the interview questions are easy . She said she will call me that week Friday because she still have to interview other candidates. Places that requires "no job experience" especially Mcdonald's usually hire you or don't hire you on the spot . It must be that the job market is suffering or it is new way of saying you didn't get hired. I waited until Friday and didn't get a call back . I called on Saturday to speak to the manager to follow up on the status of my job interview. The manager said the interviewer will either call you or send you an email. I call again next Thursday so I can speak to the interviewer. She said she's busy and she will call me back when she get the chance to. It felt like I was bothering her because I heard a huff and a puff in the background. After 4-5 weeks of frustration, impatience and waiting with no answer , I started looking at other places to apply to. I think it was rude for the interviewer to not call me back. No rejection letter, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO NOTIFY ME THAT I GOT THE JOB OR NOT. I guess it is the new normal of saying " if I didn't call you, you didn't got the job" or they are just being rude or lazy to contact their not so interested candidates that you didn't got hired. I never wanted to work there in the first place. the food is sloppy and overcooked. Majority of employees are over 30 years old, rude, slow and look like they don't want to work here at all or have no clue what their doing. I am desperately looking for a job so that's why I applied here because to be honest I wouldn't if I had enough money. Having one full time job is not going to be able to pay for college tuition alone. I will work anywhere to have enough money to pay for college tuition.

Interview Questions

• What time are you available to work?
      Why do you want to work at Mcdonalds?
      Do you have any work experience?
      Why should we hire you?
      Did you ever been in a situation where you and your co workers had a disagreement?

1 Answer
    • Any questions?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any fast food work experience?   1 Answer
    • Are you still in school?   1 Answer
    • Are you available in the morning, evening or nights?   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's (East Toledo, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

I filled out the application and completed an online test. I was called two hours prior to interview time and asked to show up on a day the weather was terrible. I got there and Interviewer was positive, honest about the position (that it was a busy one!). She said she'd call by the following mid-week (Wednesday) if I was hired. That was helpful because I knew not to wait for ten days or more for result. She encouraged me to apply with company at other sites if I did not get that position.

Interview Questions

• She asked if I was asked to a fast-paced environment?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McDonald's (Deerfield Beach, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Everything went pretty good, I was told that they will give me a call when to go to work in like 24 hours or so. But... I don't want to be lied like that, what's wrong with you, people?

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at McDonald's in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online..got a call back about two weeks later for a interview.. A lot of people were getting inter viewed ..they were not dressed properly. I got a call back for orientation a few days later I was really nervous just relax