McDonald's Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015
1,323 Interview Reviews

1.8

Cashier Interview

Interview

Great, a lot of paper work to sign. Didn't last long it was simple and start to the point. friendly didn't feel like an interview which is a plus on my part lol but other then that it was great. didn't even take long to get an interview turned in my application and got interviewed that same day.

Interview Questions

• What do you have to offer us?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

Great place to work. I would have loved to work here but I ended up going to college instead. Going to college was one of the best things I've ever done. I am now on my way to work for a great company. McDonalds would have been my alternative job.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the best person for this job?   1 Answer

Cook Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

I was asked about how familiar I was with them and their products and how they were made. I think they cared more about being able to coach me on what to do and am not a problem to work with. I was taught how to do things after I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself furthering your education?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I honestly recommend seeing if you can have another job offer to use as leverage. They will be stingy on pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McDonald's (Rocklin, CA).

Interview

Applied online, got a call the next day for an interview. Manager was friendly and approachable, asked basic interview questions then talked me through a scenario with an unhappy customer, asking what I would say at each step. I think bringing in a resume, even just covering my volunteer experience, made a difference as he asked about details of some of my work. I also think it made me come off as more professional.

Interview Questions

• What would you do with a customer who is unhappy?
      Why do you want to work at McDonald's?
      What are your strengths?

1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at McDonald's (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I came in and asked for manager, and she was on break. Which is fine, I came 30 minutes early. I ended up speaking to another woman, and she gave me the interview. This is my first job, and I really need one so I hope I'll get the second interview. The interview was quite lengthy when I mentioned (on accident) I think it'll be easy. I said that before I've cleaned houses and babysat and various other summer jobs. I know I work hard and I'm always positive. I really would love to have a first job, but no one hires when you have no experience. Looking forward to working here! I love the atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Do you live in the area?   1 Answer
    • Can we call your references?   1 Answer
    • Do you think working here is easy?   1 Answer
    • Have you worked in this kind of setting before?   1 Answer
    • You lived at your last address for(x) amount of years?   1 Answer

McDonalds Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

Fairly simple, basic customer service related questions, personality quiz, pervious work experience in retail environment or customer service, Pervious experience in handling cash + cc transactions etc. Working hours availability plus nights and weekends.

Interview Questions

• How to handle customer escalations   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knox, IN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at McDonald's (Knox, IN).

Interview

Super easy, took less than 10 minutes. The longest part was them getting the paperwork. Asked maybe 5 questions, all of which were simple and easy. There were several interviews going on and everyone was hired. I even got a pair of pants at the interview, one step of what usually happens. Overall good interview, not complicated, and very fast.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for McDonald's.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at McDonald's (Columbus, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Very short. Went to a hiring event and submitted a mini application. About 5 minutes later the manager came out and asked a couple questions. Very short process. I was hired on the spot and started the next day. Total interview time was around 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about McDonald's.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clovis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McDonald's (Clovis, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call like a month or so later. Pretty simple interviews. The first one was more tense and the second one was laid back. Depends on your interviewer and location.

Senior Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McDonald's (Baltimore, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

Filled application while having a combo number one. I ordered mayo instead of ketchup, I washed my throat with Diet Coke, never a fan of regular coke.

Manager was nice, I was uneasy, nervous. The smell of fries relaxed me.

Interview Questions

• Do I like to shower in the mornings?   1 Answer