McDonald's Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015
1,422 Interview Reviews

1.8

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

The interview is basically a conversation about your availability, the job, and your past work experiences. Very simple. They will call for a second meeting where you will fill out paperwork and order your uniform. They can be slow with this process but they will get back to you. Your first day will essentially be watching videos, and then if there's enough time left they'll stick you somewhere, probably in the kitchen.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for McDonald's?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's (Vancouver, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call about 5 days later asking to come in for an interview. After the first one, they told me I'd come in for another one on Monday. I thought it went well, so I called them after 3 days and asked them about the status of my application, and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you do outside of school?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied to McDonald's a little over a month ago and they called me into an interview after about two weeks after I turned in my app. The interview was very standard and pretty easy. It's a very professional environment even though it is a fast food place so dress to impress. After the interview I was called another two weeks later for the orientation (which means you got the job). Over all it was pretty easy. Just be confident in yourself and be enthusiastic and you'll be great!!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at McDonald's?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at McDonald's (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

We sat at a table in the restaurant. We shook hands and exchanged names. He told me a bit about himself, things like how he started as a crew member then rose through the ranks through hard work and dedication then began the real interview questions. It took about 20 minutes in total.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an unsatisfied customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and about three days later got a call back from a manager she invited me to do an interview a few days from then and I went in. Standard questions were asked like 'why do you want to work here?' and 'what are you best/worst qualities?'. There was also a part where I had to go through a scenario with a customer who was unhappy with something about the service. I thought I messed up the interview (still do) but Another 3 or 4 days after the interview I got a call from the manager who interviewed me who told me I was being considered but had to take a test and pass it. It was a two question test asking about criminal history and sexual offenses. Another few days after completing the test I got a call from the manager and received an orientation date.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at McDonald's (Richmond, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. Only took me around 10-15 minutes to complete. The lady was very nice and always kept small talk. After the first interview I got a call back for a second interview a week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McDonald's (Fairfax, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Went in and asked if they were hiring, told me to come back and the interview lasted nothing more than 5 minutes. A couple days later, I game back for orientation with a large group of people, and we immediately filled out forms and were hired.

Anonymous Employee in Port St Lucie, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at McDonald's (Port St Lucie, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was simple and easy. I applied a week before they called me in for an interview. The manager was very nice. He was young and new so it was easy to communicate with each other. I am still waiting for a reply.

Interview Questions

• What is your previous work experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at McDonald's (Augusta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was called about a week after applying for an interview. I was interviewed in a group set-up with 10 other people. They told us that about 200 people applied for jobs and about 100 were called in to be interviewed, so if we weren't hired, to not take it personally.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for McDonald's?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at McDonald's (Charlotte, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

It was brief and very easy. He asked general questions. He asked about my schedule preference. Very easy to talk to. I got a second interview on the spot. I was told that i could possibly go to orientation only a few days later. Thats quick.

Interview Questions

• What do you think it takes to be successful working at McDonalds?   Answer Question