McDonald's

Getting the Interview

17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details – The interview was very laid back and done right in the restaurant. It lasted about fifteen minutes. They ask you very basic questions like can you handle a busy work environment, how do you deal with conflict, and hypothetical customer questions. I applied for a crew job at fifteen and EVERYONE starts off at minimum wage.

Interview Question – How would you deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McDonald's in August 2010.

Interview Details – great interview really listened and cared she was the best boss ever

Interview Question – where do i see your life   Answer Question

New York, NY

I interviewed at McDonald's in January 2012.

Interview Details – the interview consisted of various types of questions , mostly behavioral based.

Interview Question – How can you help us in reducing costs and increasing production.   Answer Question

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at McDonald's in February 2008.

Interview Details – It was easy, I kept calling and calling and after a few months the finally interview me and I got the job on the spot.

Interview Question – what are your weaknesses   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Toronto, KS

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's in January 2012.

Interview Details – Mostly behaviorial questions. Nothing too unexpected. Definitely the usual questions you would expect from a fast food restaurant. Mostly concerned on commitment and length of availability. I think that too much preparation would probably be a waste of time. Simply apply, ask to come in for an interview and you are in.

Interview Question – When is a time you failed and came back stronger.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Flat rate. No negotiation.

Fremont, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at McDonald's in February 2012.

Interview Details – Asked easy questions, not very difficult. Asked if motivated and hard working. no experience was necessary. Employer was a nice person and said he could fit a good schedule for me.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at McDonald's in January 2011.

Interview Details – Interview went smoothly, background went through. But salary was a huge killer.

Interview Questions

Dedham, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's in January 2009.

Interview Details – THis was interesting. I left feeling accomplished. I thought Mcdonalds would be a nice place to work and I was wrong. It doesn't seem ncie and you learn to hate the food and who wants to hate mcdonalds? I siure don't. But if you want to work here, do it. I don't care.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Miami, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at McDonald's in June 2009.

Interview Details – It was a regular interviews with lots of behavioral question.

Interview Questions

Boston, MA

The process took 4 days - interviewed at McDonald's in May 2008.

Interview Details – it was fairly simple. I went in, filled out an application, and then went in for an interview. I wanted to be a fry cook, just to get some experience under my belt (as well as a summer job, to help with college). I was fairly surprised at how extensive the interview was, and the amount of questions that were posed to me. I was actually told that my resume dictated a much higher position (that of managerial status). I am currently in school for culinary arts, so I was not in the line of managing a fast food restaurant. I reluctantly declined the offer, and moved on to Arby's.

Interview Question – How did you hear about the position?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at McDonald's

Worked for McDonald's? Contribute to the Community!

McDonald's Videos

McDonald's – Why Work for Us?

Can you imagine a world without the Big Mac? Or Chicken McNuggets? Or Happy Meals? Luckily, back in 1954, a man named Ray Kroc discovered a small burger restaurant in California, and wrote the first page of our history… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McDonald's Manager interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by McDonald's employees and interview candidates.