McDonald's McDonalds Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Oct 7, 2014

1.4

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

McDonalds Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McDonald's in October 2014.

hi i had an interview with them yesterday it went well my advice is that you come to an interview dressed to impress that is what bring a first smile.secondly make sure you greet whoever is interviewing you and keep a smile and eye contact and you will be fine

Interview Questions
  • why are you interested working for mcdonalds what are you next two year goals   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for McDonald's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Forest Park, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Forest Park, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's.

be prepared to wait before you actually get interviewed. I got hired on the spot for just being dressed up and smiling. they asked simple questions. They basically want to know about you and why you want to work there and bring a resume even if you don't have work experience.

Interview Questions
    • what does EXCELLENT customer service mean to you.   View Answer
    They didn't ask about salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's in April 2014.

The management staff took a long period to agree with my application, given that I had to go by myself to remind them of my interest to work in this company. On several occasions they didn't pick up my calls, so I had to goto the store by myself as I will advice everyone interest in working in this firm to do. When the manager finally reviewed my application online, I was simply asked the amount of time I was available to work; in fact, it was so prompt that they didn't even ask me any interview questions. From that day, I was converted from an unemployed to an a worker.

Interview Questions
    • The most hillarious thing is that I was not ask any typical interview question of any sort.   Answer Question

McDonalds Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at McDonald's in April 2014.

Turned in application in person to hiring manager for team member/ cashier position. Took about 1 1/5 weeks to get an in person interview. I though it went well for my first job interview. The manager was friendly and upfront about the expectations of the job. Basic interview questions. I.E. Tell me about yourself; why do you want to work for McDonalds?; why should I hire you? The interview was very fast 20-25mins and within a week I got a call back.

Interview Questions
    • Scenario questions about how to handle disgruntled customers   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linden, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linden, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McDonald's in June 2013.

The people were nice but they didnt notice that i was there for the interview early then suppose to. So they had me waiting two hours in the dining room.

Interview Questions

because i didnt want to wait for a transfer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's in February 2013.

I applied online for a night shift, part-time, crew position. About a week later, I received a phone call from the manager asking me to come in for an interview later that week. I complied, and went into the McDonald's about 10 minutes early wearing a white button down shirt, khakis, and standard leather business shoes. I asked to speak with the manager, and was told to wait at one of the booths. There was another candidate, also waiting to be interviewed. The manager sat down with us about 10 minutes after the assigned time, and proceeded to interview us separately. My interview was over in about 15 minutes, and so was the other candidate's. After which the manager gave each of us a coupon for a free meal, and said she would call. I had no idea whether I was going to be hired or not at that point.
    About a week later, the manager called me to come in and fill out some paperwork, which consisted of the standard forms, proof of citizenship, etc. I was given a uniform and had to watch about an hours worth of training videos in their tiny employee lounge, for which I was paid. After finishing the videos, I was shown how to work the register, and served a few customers. The manager showed me where the work schedule was posted, which I hadn't been added to yet. I had to rely on the manager calling me in until she added me to the formal schedule.
    Now remember, I had applied to do night-shift crew work, but the manager only had me doing day work as a cashier. They never trained me on how to make McFlurries, ice cream sundaes and cones, McCafe drinks, or how to make any food. Their training was absolutely awful, and I had to teach myself by watching others. They barely trained me on using the register, making coffee, assembling meals, and had me watch a crappy 2 minute video on making fries. During rush periods, sometimes no one was working the fries, and I had to leave the register to cook and assemble fries for customers. The first time this happened, the manager was surprised saying "YOU KNOW HOW TO MAKE FRIES?" I had to stop myself from replying, "No thanks to you."

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was "What is your main weakness?" But that is only difficult if you haven't thought about your answer prior to the interview, which you should have, as this is a standard question you'll get at pretty much all interviews for the rest of your life.   Answer Question
    The "negotiation" was the manager asking me during the interview what I expected to be paid. As this was my first "formal" job (I had worked for cash at an estate sales company before) and a fast food job at that, I didn't expect to make much more than minimum wage.

Cashier Mcdonalds Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dothan, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dothan, AL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McDonald's in February 2012.

OK work culture interview went well. Didn't like the group interview though. Hiring manager was very preventive when letting us know about the work culture and rules and regulations. Was comfortable when starting my first day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peachtree City, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peachtree City, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at McDonald's in October 2011.

Very easy. Basic background questions. Immediate hire. The interview took about ten minutes of my time and was close to home so transportation wasn't hard. The manager was very nice and explained what test I'd have to take before working. When I started working the next day the test were a breeze. I passed them all. They were extremely easy.