McDonald's Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Apr 7, 2015
Updated Apr 7, 2015

1.6

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's (Franklin Square, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I'm an 18 years old high school graduate that needs money to pay for college tuition. I applied to Mcdonald's online for a crew member position around early January and I waited at least 3- 4 weeks for Mcdonald's to give me a call but no answer. I guess nowadays you have to make the call since it's harder to find jobs or show that you are interested in the position. I called the manager on Friday after 4 weeks to check the status of my application. The manager scheduled me for an interview next week Monday evening but was unable to make it due to harsh weather. I don't have a car and the roads was very icy and slippery so I call the manager that I couldn't make it and was glad that I got scheduled for an interview for another Monday in the morning. When I went to the interview, I dress neat and professional. The interviewer was somewhat friendly. I thought I did great in the interview and the interview questions are easy . She said she will call me that week Friday because she still have to interview other candidates. Places that requires "no job experience" especially Mcdonald's usually hire you or don't hire you on the spot . It must be that the job market is suffering or it is new way of saying you didn't get hired. I waited until Friday and didn't get a call back . I called on Saturday to speak to the manager to follow up on the status of my job interview. The manager said the interviewer will either call you or send you an email. I call again next Thursday so I can speak to the interviewer. She said she's busy and she will call me back when she get the chance to. It felt like I was bothering her because I heard a huff and a puff in the background. After 4-5 weeks of frustration, impatience and waiting with no answer , I started looking at other places to apply to. I think it was rude for the interviewer to not call me back. No rejection letter, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO NOTIFY ME THAT I GOT THE JOB OR NOT. I guess it is the new normal of saying " if I didn't call you, you didn't got the job" or they are just being rude or lazy to contact their not so interested candidates that you didn't got hired. I never wanted to work there in the first place. the food is sloppy and overcooked. Majority of employees are over 30 years old, rude, slow and look like they don't want to work here at all or have no clue what their doing. I am desperately looking for a job so that's why I applied here because to be honest I wouldn't if I had enough money. Having one full time job is not going to be able to pay for college tuition alone. I will work anywhere to have enough money to pay for college tuition.

Interview Questions

• What time are you available to work?
      Why do you want to work at Mcdonalds?
      Do you have any work experience?
      Why should we hire you?
      Did you ever been in a situation where you and your co workers had a disagreement?

1 Answer
    • Any questions?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any fast food work experience?   1 Answer
    • Are you still in school?   1 Answer
    • Are you available in the morning, evening or nights?   1 Answer

McDonalds Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online on a Thursday night then on the Friday afternoon i got a call from the hiring manager telling me that i could go for an interview on Monday. I went to the interview it went really smooth not hard whatsoever and then she sent me to a second interview to a different McDonald's to meet with the CEO of the franchise i applied for. A week later i went in for that interview with the CEO and we started talking as soon as we started talking he asked if i had my working papers; i had them but i didn't brought them in for the interview because i didn't know if i was gonna get hired on the spot. He told me to come in the following week with my SSN, State ID and Working Papers that i didn't even had to wait for my turn to interview (because there are always like 10 people for interviews) . Next week came and i went in and i guess he thought he asked me all the "interview questions" on the previous week when we met or he just liked me but as soon as he called me in he just told me to come back the following week for orientation. After orientation which is just a day where you just fill out the new job paper work i started working about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • If somebody comes causing problem or a trying to harm somebody what would you do?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at McDonald's (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

nothing special i dont really know it was simpl and scary. The intrviw was a little wierd but nice. We talked alot about what I can do. He talkd a lot about what I would be doing and If i could handl it. The intrviw was nothing hard just be prepared to answer a lot of questions. Though they ar all basic qustions.n

Interview Questions

• dont remeber something about if I am organized   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at McDonald's (New York, NY).

Interview

You have to fill out another job application once you go for your interview then they call you up and ask questions based on what you wrote on the application, nothing too hard. The interview process took about 30 minutes

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Why do you want to work here?

Answer Question

I was caught up with school work

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at McDonald's (Bronx, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online received a call 2 days later .. came in for an interview was told by an employee where to sit .. About 8 others were there. finally it was my turn, she asked my availability how many hours could I work what position I was looking for. They only offer 29 hours at $8. I was then given a paper to go to a 2nd interview a few days later. got the job did orientation waiting on uniform. THEY HIRE ANYONE.

Interview Questions

• Availability. Am I comfortable with a register the grill & cleaning bathrooms.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was none it's minimum wage.

Mcdonalds Fry Cook Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at McDonald's (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

I had a total of nine interviews with previous fry cooks to learn abut their legacy and their tactics. It was also for them to test me about whether I knew what the job was. HR was verygood with their comunicaion and allowed me to speak to enough peoplewhere i coul prove it that I'm to be a good employee.

Interview Questions

• If we were to hire you, what would you do with the fries?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated for the job and didn't even consider about the money. It's better to do it my way becaue I got the job.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McDonald's (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Fast and easy interview, extremely easy questions. No need to be nervous at all. Be very polite, answer kindly. Are you going to be okay working in a fairly fast environment and help customers out in need in a responsible fashion?

Interview Questions

• Are your parents okay with you working here?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at McDonald's (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

Great interview, we talked about life in generl, my experiences and stuff it was overall a good interview, greate person to talk too and and was very nice and was very interested in what i had to say. Good location too.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a fight.   1 Answer

Not enough money

Crew Member/Grill Cook Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McDonald's (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I went in and the interview was about thirty minutes and they just asked questions about my experience, backround, etc. in the interview it was a one on one interview and in the second the manager and ceo Were in there and they both told me about what my hours would be if I were to work there

Interview Questions

• How many years do you have with cooking experience. Also when do I realize I love to cook, what my goals in life were, house I could work, my favorite McDonald's food item sold   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Applied online and within a few weeks got a call. The interview was nothing at all, smile (very important) and I wasn't even asked any questions besides why mcdonald's and what is my availability.

Interview Questions

• None, only questions were why mcdonald's and avalability   Answer Question