McDonald's

Getting the Interview

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Shift Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details – I didnt really get interviewed. I new the store manager so i easily got the job, Just went in and filled out some papers and worked the next day. If you want the job go in a few day after you applied and talk to the store manager

Shift Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at McDonald's in February 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was typical. Tell me about yourself. Why should we hire you? What do you want to do in 5 years? Why do you want to work here? what is your biggest achievement? How would you handle conflict with a customer? How do you deal with an angry customer?

Tewksbury, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McDonald's in January 2014.

Interview Details – had 2 interviews with lots of questions

Interview Question – why do you want to work here when you just graduated college   View Answer

Asheville, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in December 2013.

Interview Details – the hiring process took about 2 weeks. Interview was short and to the point.

West Covina, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at McDonald's in December 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online in November... Got a call two weeks later. Went in for an interview in December... Very short. Asked questions such as "why mcdonalds?" And "what do you thibk you'll learn from us" she said she'd give me call back. I waited another 2 weeks got caleed and hired. But then sheshe went on vacation so I was left clueless for a while. She finally came back I got to go to orientation in February. It was about an unnecessary 3month process, very unprofessional.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for McDonalds?   View Answer

Shift Manager

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details – Set an appointment for interview, asked a few questions, then start tomorrow

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – minimum wage start as a cashier

Beaverdam, OH

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details – Submitted my application, was interviewed immediately. The people conducting the interviews were other shift managers from different stores. I had my resume with me, but was never asked for it. I was only asked if I had ever done fast food before, I was never asked what my food service experience was nor what my previous training was. I was hire on the first interview, but did not meet the store manager until my initial orientation. This store was a new store & had never been opened before. I began with training at another store, prior to starting at the store I interviewed at.

Interview Question – I did not receive a difficult question from the person that interviewed me. I actually had more experience & more knowledge than my interviewer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Because this was my first experience with Fast Food, I was naive in negotiating a better deal. I would suggest that if you have other food service experience, use it to negotiate the best possible salary & hours for you.

Lacombe, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McDonald's in May 2012.

Interview Details – Got promoted through crew, initial interview was easy, got hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Not anything really.   Answer Question

Shift Manager

I applied online and interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details – What do you like about Mcdonalds? What do you like to eat at Mcdonalds? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? in 10 years? in 20 years?

Interview Question – If you could name your own Mcdonalds burger, what would you name it?   Answer Question

Shift Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details – I filled out the application online. A few days later, I was called for an interview with the store manager and the owners of the franchise. During the interview, I was questioned about my current certifications (SafeServe, etc) . A week later I got a call about when I could potentially start.

Interview Question – Why do you want to stop working (in your field) and come to McDonalds? Why not stay with (field)?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I set a minimum starting wage. They went above that and promised raises when different trainings were completed.

Interviews for Top Jobs at McDonald's

Worked for McDonald's? Contribute to the Community!

McDonald's Videos

McDonald's – Why Work for Us?

Can you imagine a world without the Big Mac? Or Chicken McNuggets? Or Happy Meals? Luckily, back in 1954, a man named Ray Kroc discovered a small burger restaurant in California, and wrote the first page of our history… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McDonald's Shift Manager interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by McDonald's employees and interview candidates.