McDonald's Shift Manager Interview Questions

Updated Oct 2, 2014

1.6

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

One simple interview

Interview Questions
  • Only one question asked: "Why do you want to work here?"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McDonald's

Shift Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McDonald's.

I didnt really get interviewed. I new the store manager so i easily got the job, Just went in and filled out some papers and worked the next day. If you want the job go in a few day after you applied and talk to the store manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at McDonald's in January 2014.

had 2 interviews with lots of questions

Interview Questions
    • why do you want to work here when you just graduated college   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's in January 2014.

Pay more attention to what is actually happening inside the restaurants rather than just the numbers, make sure that people managers are hiring the right people for the job and keep them happy. A happy management and crew makes for a good running restaurant.
    I make good money for low level job, free food on days that I work. Buy 1 meal get 1 meal free on days that I don't work. Gold Card benefits save me a lot of money. Flexible hours make balancing a High School life and work very easy. Hard work, many managers need to have more passion for the job itself rather than just during peak periods or when they are being evaluated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's in December 2013.

the hiring process took about 2 weeks. Interview was short and to the point.

Shift Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at McDonald's in October 2013.

It was relatively easy, just your basic questions about your experience in management. After that they move on to how well you handle stressful situations, how well you get along with others, and how you prioritize. The process is in two parts first you will speak to the area supervisor. This person is in charge five to six restaurants. Then general manager of the restaurant of your initial assignment. After that you may be assigned to another restaurant or simply left there depending on need.

Interview Questions
    • It is not one I tripped up on, but one that is not always answered correctly. The prospective manger is asked " There is spill on the floor, the ketchup dispenser is empty and you need more happy meal boxes. Which problem do you take care of first"? The correct answer is the spill. Although you may be inclined to provide great customer service and refill the ketchup dispenser, or get the drive-thru line moving by getting more boxes. Your chief responsibilities are customer safety and company liability. That means you not only have to place a wet floor sign on or near the spill, but cleaning it up immediately.   Answer Question
    Very easy, the general manager decided pay rates and was usually done after the second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medina, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medina, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McDonald's in September 2013.

It was quick and pretty painless I went one day for the interview and everything went smoothly, the next day they had me feel out the forms to get started. Everyone was nice and I started my second day, thinking I was just coming to fill out paperwork but they had me sit at the computer to train and then i jumped straight into working

Interview Questions
    • Not really too difficult of questions but the one that stuck out was What can you contribute to our team?   View Answer
    Would you be willing to join us as we grow?

Shift Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at McDonald's.

Set an appointment for interview, asked a few questions, then start tomorrow

Interview Questions
    minimum wage start as a cashier

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverdam, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverdam, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at McDonald's.

Submitted my application, was interviewed immediately. The people conducting the interviews were other shift managers from different stores. I had my resume with me, but was never asked for it. I was only asked if I had ever done fast food before, I was never asked what my food service experience was nor what my previous training was. I was hire on the first interview, but did not meet the store manager until my initial orientation. This store was a new store & had never been opened before. I began with training at another store, prior to starting at the store I interviewed at.

Interview Questions
    • I did not receive a difficult question from the person that interviewed me. I actually had more experience & more knowledge than my interviewer.   Answer Question
    Because this was my first experience with Fast Food, I was naive in negotiating a better deal. I would suggest that if you have other food service experience, use it to negotiate the best possible salary & hours for you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at McDonald's in December 2011.

I applied online in November... Got a call two weeks later. Went in for an interview in December... Very short. Asked questions such as "why mcdonalds?" And "what do you thibk you'll learn from us" she said she'd give me call back. I waited another 2 weeks got caleed and hired. But then sheshe went on vacation so I was left clueless for a while. She finally came back I got to go to orientation in February. It was about an unnecessary 3month process, very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for McDonalds?   View Answer