McDonald's

Updated Feb 12, 2015
Updated Feb 12, 2015

1.5

Shift Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McDonald's.

Pretty simple, just an one on one interview with the local branch manager. He asked me about my past experience, current status and the reasons why I believed I would be a good fit in the company

Other Interview Reviews for McDonald's

Shift Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McDonald's in January 2015.

The interview went great. Everyone was very friendly and the atmosphere was pretty calm. They really made you seem like they care about you as a person and thats what I enjoyed the most. I recieved a job over, but I politely declined. I really just wanted more interview experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at McDonald's in January 2015.

Really brief process- seemed to be a generic interview that they give to all interviewers. It focused on questions on my expierence more than anything else. The entire process took about a week before they got back to me with an offer to move forward.

Interview Questions
    • What is most important to you in a company?   View Answer

Shift Manager Interview

Manager wanted to know if I could fix fries while making shakes without dropping any. If I could I would have been hired but unfortunately I couldn't confirm that.

One simple interview

Interview Questions
    • Only one question asked: "Why do you want to work here?"   Answer Question

Shift Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McDonald's.

I didnt really get interviewed. I new the store manager so i easily got the job, Just went in and filled out some papers and worked the next day. If you want the job go in a few day after you applied and talk to the store manager

Anonymous Employee in Tewksbury, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Tewksbury, MA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at McDonald's in January 2014.

had 2 interviews with lots of questions

Interview Questions
    • why do you want to work here when you just graduated college   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's in January 2014.

Pay more attention to what is actually happening inside the restaurants rather than just the numbers, make sure that people managers are hiring the right people for the job and keep them happy. A happy management and crew makes for a good running restaurant.
    I make good money for low level job, free food on days that I work. Buy 1 meal get 1 meal free on days that I don't work. Gold Card benefits save me a lot of money. Flexible hours make balancing a High School life and work very easy. Hard work, many managers need to have more passion for the job itself rather than just during peak periods or when they are being evaluated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McDonald's in December 2013.

the hiring process took about 2 weeks. Interview was short and to the point.

Shift Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at McDonald's in October 2013.

It was relatively easy, just your basic questions about your experience in management. After that they move on to how well you handle stressful situations, how well you get along with others, and how you prioritize. The process is in two parts first you will speak to the area supervisor. This person is in charge five to six restaurants. Then general manager of the restaurant of your initial assignment. After that you may be assigned to another restaurant or simply left there depending on need.

Interview Questions
    • It is not one I tripped up on, but one that is not always answered correctly. The prospective manger is asked " There is spill on the floor, the ketchup dispenser is empty and you need more happy meal boxes. Which problem do you take care of first"? The correct answer is the spill. Although you may be inclined to provide great customer service and refill the ketchup dispenser, or get the drive-thru line moving by getting more boxes. Your chief responsibilities are customer safety and company liability. That means you not only have to place a wet floor sign on or near the spill, but cleaning it up immediately.   Answer Question
    Very easy, the general manager decided pay rates and was usually done after the second interview.