McDonald's

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chapel Hill, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at McDonald's in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on their website, received a call.

Interview Question – What do you dislike most about McDonald's?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Low salary.

Naperville, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details – Interview was great. HR was very professional and open. They shared all the paths to grow with the company as well as suggest a road map for my skill set and experience.

Interview Question – Why did I chose to come to McDonalds?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They were very generous and rewarded me incrementally over the next year as I reached the goals we agreed to.

Store Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in January 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was systematic

Interview Question – How would you handle and unruly customer?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Modesto, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at McDonald's in January 2009.

Interview Details – basic interview process, general questions asked

Interview Question – there were no unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation phase

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details – You should expect to answer questions about yourself. What you like to do, what kind of grades you get, you transportation to and from work, they just want to get to know you. Sometimes they'll throw you a math problem or interesting question like, "If you were a super hero and could have one power, what would it be?" If they ask that, DO NOT say flying. That is a horrible choice. Teleportation is always better than flying.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Parsippany, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McDonald's in April 2009.

Interview Details – Store positions can be quite boring. Flip burgers. Pack the fries and toys for happy meal. Hiring was pretty easy. Although I never had worked for McDonalds, I got hired as store manager based on my work at Chiptole. The interview process is a joke. Having gone through my bachelors and masters, this is the best I could find now.

Interview Question – What was the worst customer review from Chipotle and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Redondo Beach, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at McDonald's in June 2012.

Interview Details – Was contacted by recruietr and provided resume. Process involved 3 inerviews on same day with corporate and franchise staff. Very straightforward process and received offer in 7 days

Reason for Declining – Needed a more challenging position

Interviewed at McDonald's

Interview Details – The interview is with a board of higher official and they may seem intimidating but they aren't. You just have to be confident and be well prepared. Some of the questions are relating to scenarios and also previous experiences. The workers are very friendly and they are from different places in the world. Nobody will be culturally shocked as the employee is informed about the basis of the place. Please be dresses appropriately and have the necessary documents i.e. CV and recommendations. Certificates of Under graduation or equivalent may be required but this depends on the type of job application. There is not discrimination.

Interview Question – Scenarios relating to how an employee might behave and how to react to complaints from customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offers are negotiable but this depends on your experience.

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's in July 2011.

Interview Details – I was hired as a crew member. My interview was ridiculously simple. They asked if I had reliable transportation to work and if I was willing to do the work assigned to me.

Interviews for Top Jobs at McDonald's

Worked for McDonald's? Contribute to the Community!

McDonald's Videos

McDonald's – Why Work for Us?

Can you imagine a world without the Big Mac? Or Chicken McNuggets? Or Happy Meals? Luckily, back in 1954, a man named Ray Kroc discovered a small burger restaurant in California, and wrote the first page of our history… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McDonald's Store Manager interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by McDonald's employees and interview candidates.