McDonald's Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

very short. I met with the area supervisor. He came in representation of the owner. He asked me if I would accept the suggested salary. He gave me a start date.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McDonald's

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McDonald's (Chapel Hill, NC) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied on their website, received a call.

Low salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McDonald's (Naperville, IL).

Interview

Interview was great. HR was very professional and open. They shared all the paths to grow with the company as well as suggest a road map for my skill set and experience.

Interview Questions

• Why did I chose to come to McDonalds?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were very generous and rewarded me incrementally over the next year as I reached the goals we agreed to.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

You should expect to answer questions about yourself. What you like to do, what kind of grades you get, you transportation to and from work, they just want to get to know you. Sometimes they'll throw you a math problem or interesting question like, "If you were a super hero and could have one power, what would it be?" If they ask that, DO NOT say flying. That is a horrible choice. Teleportation is always better than flying.

Anonymous Employee in Redondo Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McDonald's (Redondo Beach, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Was contacted by recruietr and provided resume. Process involved 3 inerviews on same day with corporate and franchise staff. Very straightforward process and received offer in 7 days

Needed a more challenging position

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McDonald's in January 2011.

Interview

The hiring process was systematic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McDonald's (Parsippany, NJ) in April 2009.

Interview

Store positions can be quite boring. Flip burgers. Pack the fries and toys for happy meal. Hiring was pretty easy. Although I never had worked for McDonalds, I got hired as store manager based on my work at Chiptole. The interview process is a joke. Having gone through my bachelors and masters, this is the best I could find now.

Interview Questions

• What was the worst customer review from Chipotle and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at McDonald's (Modesto, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

basic interview process, general questions asked

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation phase

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McDonald's in June 2014.

Interview

Thorough application process, structured interview. Met the area manager three times along with a number of different store managers and one senior director. Nice people, good questions - got the feeling they were interested in my skills, , experience academics and as a person. Each round took between 1- 2 hours. Followed up with referees.

Store Manager Interview

Interview

The interview is with a board of higher official and they may seem intimidating but they aren't. You just have to be confident and be well prepared. Some of the questions are relating to scenarios and also previous experiences. The workers are very friendly and they are from different places in the world. Nobody will be culturally shocked as the employee is informed about the basis of the place. Please be dresses appropriately and have the necessary documents i.e. CV and recommendations. Certificates of Under graduation or equivalent may be required but this depends on the type of job application. There is not discrimination.

Interview Questions

• Scenarios relating to how an employee might behave and how to react to complaints from customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offers are negotiable but this depends on your experience.