McDonald's

Getting the Interview

16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in February 2013.

Interview Details – Was great and I loved it. Staff and managers were friendly and nice and it is a great place to work.

Interview Question – What is your biggest area of opportunity?   Answer Question

Interviewed at McDonald's

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly simple.

Interview Question – I do not think I had an unexpected question.   Answer Question

Cedartown, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied one day and got called for an interview the next day which made me a little wary because I could tell that they were desperate for help.

Interview Question – I applied for an hourly department management position but when I went to the interview, I was told that they needed team members instead. I might not have even gone to the interview had known that beforehand. I was asked if I would be willing to take out trash, wash dishes and clean toilets.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. I needed a second job and I was tired of looking for something that could work around my full time job so I just took what they offered.

Team Member

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at McDonald's in January 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online when I saw that they had a job opening near my house, took about 2 weeks for them to call and asked me to come in for an interview. It was fairly simple, straight forward questions. I was pretty nervous since when I came in, the manager was waiting, it was over in 30 mins.

Interview Question – They asked why I wanted to work at McDonalds, I should've been prepared- however I didn't think of this question ahead of time.   Answer Question

Team Member

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details – The only question he asked me was "tell me about yourself", then he was talking about how he needed to hire a lot of people by summer so I'm guessing most people who went for an interview got hired. Then he just reviewed a packet with information on the orientation/training you have to go to get your uniform and the dress code etc...

Negotiation Details – no negotiation its basically min. wage.

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in June 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and showed my face to the buisness. I was called in about a week and was scedualed an interview. It was pretty straight forward and I was told about the company, what I would be expected to do and the salary. I was asked a few questions, pretty basic. They were about how to handle specific work environment situations, as well as a few personal ones about your greatest fear, ect

Interview Question – What is a problem you may have in the workplace?   View Answer

Waipahu, HI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McDonald's in April 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was very simple. Typical "Tell me about yourself" and "tell me about a time that you had to overcome blah blah blah" Super easy. The only thing I didn't like is that she asked me if I wanted to go to orientation but didn't inform me that I was "hired" So when I showed up to orientation, and no one wanted to help me (the staff was very rude and I'm not sure why), I left and so of course it makes me look bad that I didn't show up for a job I claimed I wanted.

Interview Question – They were all very easy.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined because they were unprofessional, but what do you expect with mcdonalds right?

Houston, TX

I applied online and interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details – Went rather easy. Applied online and was called two weeks later. There were 3 other people waiting to be interviewed as well.

Interview Question – Straight forward questions, very easy to answer nothing to hard.   Answer Question

Interviewed at McDonald's

Interview Details – Went through 2 interviewers. Not hard questions at all

Interview Question – How do I know you're the right one?   Answer Question

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's in August 2012.

Interview Details – It took probably 10 minutes for the interview to start. When it started it was pretty simple. Questions like : How would you describe yourself in 3 words and why? How often are you available? They gave me the job on the spot and had me filling out paperwork after the interview. Later I realized some of the managers were really pushy and yelled often. Even though I was doing my job fine.

Interview Question – Describe yourself in 3 words?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They just asked my availability.

Interviews for Top Jobs at McDonald's

Worked for McDonald's? Contribute to the Community!

McDonald's Videos

McDonald's – Why Work for Us?

Can you imagine a world without the Big Mac? Or Chicken McNuggets? Or Happy Meals? Luckily, back in 1954, a man named Ray Kroc discovered a small burger restaurant in California, and wrote the first page of our history… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McDonald's Team Member interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by McDonald's employees and interview candidates.