McDonald's Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Cajon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McDonald's (El Cajon, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online in the beginning of July, a month later I received a call for an interview at the restaurant. It was near 3 p.m. so I assumed that they were having multiple interviews for the position. First interview was really short, I was in and out within 5 minutes, at the end of the interview she invited me to a second interview that same weekend. The second interview was a bit longer than the first, it was with another manager and she was telling me her story and explaining that you can "move up" fairly quickly at McDonald's. By the end of the interview she had assured me that she liked me a lot and was impressed with my answers, but she was still going to conduct other interviews for the rest of the day and would call if I got the job. By late afternoon that day I received a call saying they'd like to hire me and when orientation was scheduled. Both managers were extremely nice, had patience and would make good mentors.

Interview Questions

• Questions that were asked during the first interview consisted of, "Tell me a little about yourself." "Can you list some duties you might have to perform during your shift" "What would you do to insure that a customer has a good experience in our restaurant?" "Why do you want to work at McDonald's" "If you were to be hired, how long would you work here?" Questions that were asked during the first interview consisted of, "You have (so and so) availability correct?" "What would your form of transportation be?" "If I would schedule you for X shift would you be able to make it on time?" "How would you greet a customer?" "Say I was that same customer, I ordered a Big Mac with no pickles.. but when I got my burger it had pickles. What would you do?" "Can you name a time where you had to complete a group project and a group member wasn't participating. How did you deal with the situation?" "What separates you from other candidates?" "Do you have any questions for me?"   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for McDonald's

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McDonald's in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online on the fourth of July and got a call on the fifth arranging an interview for that Monday. Monday I walked in and requested to see the manager, an employee asked if I was here for an interview and upon saying I was she brought out a clipboard for me to write down my name and the time I arrived and then I was told to sit anywhere. I sat at one of the high-top tables by the front and a few minutes later a manager came out and took me to a booth in the dining room. She asked questions from a sheet of paper and wrote down my answers, I was nervous and unprepared so I answered as quickly and honestly as I could so as not to keep her waiting, she shook my hand and then said I would get a call the following Wednesday if I did well enough to get a second interview with the GM. I didn't receive a call that Wednesday so I was going to call them back Thursday at 12 (even though I thought i did poorly) but received a call from them first telling me that the second interview would be held at 9am at another location (that was close to the one I'd applied to). It was a group interview which required you to sign in with your name and the store number to the McDonalds you applied to, I sat with about fifteen other people waiting as the GM came up and collected two people at a time to take to a secluded table. My second interview was with someone applying for the same store as me but I'd practiced popular interview questions and I was less nervous, able to smile and look the GM in the eye while answering her questions. At the end she thanked us both and said that if either of us got the job she would call the following Monday. I did receive a call from her giving me a list of things I would need to bring/wear and telling me that orientation the next Monday.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to complete a task by a deadline.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

Swift and easy. Store manager was impressed by they way I handed the date gun (used for dating food items). Store manager practically hired me on spot. From there watched me on how I worked and saw that I was watching everyone else around while keeping up with own duties. I was watching everything to learn the process of everything around. I wanted to move up, didn't want and still do not want to be a bottom feeder. From there I made it to Assistant Manager. Unfortunately my health went down after having my child, so had to leave.

Interview Questions

• standard questions where asked.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McDonald's (Simi Valley, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I came in a but early before my interview was supposed to start, but I ended up waiting for an hour and a half to be interviewed. I was the only person there so I had no idea why the manager took so long. But otherwise the interview was really easy.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Interview

Was Called Two Days Later For A Interview Got Asked Simple Interview Questions talked a little asked me when I was able to start and got called two days later

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McDonald's (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was alright i had to keep calling until finally they set up an interview i went in and i was pretty nervous but it was fine as long as you relax and be yourself

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview

I applied online the process took less then a week. They called me on a Saturday was told to come in Tuesday for a interview. It was very simple i was nervous at first but quickly shaked it off. I was very talkative smiled a lot. Was told they would call me back Tuesday for an interview. The lady said she like i was talkative and not shy. im feeling really positive she will call me back..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's (Savannah, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online March 19 around 11pm got a call back the next day Mar20 my interview was scheduled on Mar23,When I got to McDonald's it took about 30mins for me to have my interview the whole interview process was basically she talked about my availability, transportation, training and appearance .She then handed me a paper where the orientation was going to be held at. (HIRED ON THE SPOT) My experience if your not hired on the spot you most likely been declined.

Interview Questions

• Are you a fast worker? Can you take criticism? Do you have transportation? Have you ever worked in a restaurant?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salina, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's (Salina, KS) in March 2015.

Interview

Very Easy we really didn't talk about anything but my last name and they offered me the job within 10 minutes of the interview. It was such a quick interview process and I was just looking for a job at the time so I didn't ask much.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you could help us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sparks, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McDonald's (Sparks, NV) in January 2015.

Interview

I replied to a craigslist ad, applied online, the same day had interview with the FO then 3 days later interview with GM. I was told that the GM would review with FO to see their take of me, then a week past. I called to see what was going on with my application, I really want to work there I do, but the GM said she would call if she needed me. So I guess I don't have job there. Its was something I really wanted to do and was able to do. If I didn't want to work there wouldn't apply there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you juggled multiple things at once at your previous job.   1 Answer