McDonald's UK Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at McDonald's UK (Seattle, WA) in September 2013.

Interview

Simple & Easy. It tooks a week process. the Hiring manager called me and scheduled an interview. Then they made a decision right away after they interview me. Her & the store manager. They are very nice and super im very comfortable to speak with them.

Grill Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merced, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's UK (Merced, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Interview was simple asked a lot of common questions like do u work well under pressure,do u like working in a team etc.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altrincham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McDonald's UK (Altrincham, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

the man was really rude didn't listen to me was really distracted was meant to have an OJE but didn't the interview lasted 2 mins, got an email the next day offering the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiotion

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at McDonald's UK (Leicester, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

I entered the restaurant wearing my shirt and black trousers and shoes. Went to the till. Told the crew member that I had an interview. Told me to take a seat. Waited for manager. Came and sat down in front of me. Scripted questions. I showed him my passport and National insurance number. Asked me questions. Took me to for an OJE at the Drive Thru. Staff = Nice. Went into managers office. Asked me how it was and if any other questions. End of interview and I would find out within a week if successful. Got a phone call from business manager saying I got it and that I had to attend a welcome meeting at a different McDonald's restaurant!

Interview Questions

• If you were a brand, what would you be and why? What are your hobbies/interests? Why do you want this job? Who do you respect and why?   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hatfield, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McDonald's UK (Hatfield, East of England, England (UK)).

Interview

Apply for the job online. Got an email message, as well as a text message two days later inviting me for an interview. We scheduled an interview, and on my arrival, my interviewer was waiting for me. I was there on time (some minutes before my interview time). Timing is important. It was a friendly and nice interview. Just asked me a few questions about myself and asked me to do an OJE (On the Job Experience). There was nothing much to do here. They said they wanted to see how I can interact with customers. I was just at the door welcoming customers and saying thank you for coming today. Nothing much.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King's Lynn, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at McDonald's UK (King's Lynn, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied on the Saturday and got an email the following Monday inviting me to an OJE and interview on the Wednesday. When I arrived there it was very busy and so the manager told me I wouldn't have to do the OJE. The interview was very relaxed and we went through my application and then I was only asked two questions. After that she told me I would be contacted in the upcoming days if I got the job. I was so nervous because I have social anxiety but she was very nice and didn't seem to mind my stuttering every now and then.

Interview Questions

• Who do you respect, and why?   1 Answer
    • If you were a brand, what would you be and why?   1 Answer

Trainee Manager (Graduate) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at McDonald's UK (Leicester, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Stage 1: Online application Stage 2: Psychometric test The psychometric test is a simple form which will probably take around 15 minutes, and aims to get to know your personality, so that McDonald's can make a basic evaluation as to whether or not you would naturally make a good manager at McDonald's. Be honest but professional. Stage 3: The 'On the Job Experience' day (OJE) This stage is a lot less scary on the day itself than what you will believe it will be. If you pass Stage 2 you will be invited to an OJE in a selection of areas, however you may not necessarily be able to choose from multiple options. NOTE: If you said on your application that you are flexible (in relation to availability and times you could work on) be sure to attend the first option you are given, otherwise this will look very contradictory. It looks very good if you can drop everything just for these initial stages, because it looks like you hold to your word. Despite applying for the Birmingham area (for which the OJE is normally in Milton Keynes) I was given the option of going to Marble Arch in London on the 23rd of June, or wait until July to do it in Manchester, so I said I'd do the London OJE even though it's so far from where I live. McDonald's will pay up to £50 in travel expenses. The OJE is normally from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM, so plan accordingly. First you will be introduced to the general history of McDonald's by the three supervisors of the OJE (a recruitment team member, a regional manager and another influential manager), and McDonald's key policies/principles. Next you will be introduced to the 'Travel Path', which is a routine the McDonald's manager will do at least every 30 minutes to ensure that the restaurant is running optimally. You will, as part of the Travel Path, have to talk to a random customer and ask them how their experience has been that day. You will have to do several activities, including (respectively): a 30 minute interview (to prepare you for the real one), working on the tills (you are buddied up with a shift manager to help you), and finally working in the kitchens to compile simple orders such as Chicken McNuggets or the 99p burgers (again you will be buddied). After this you will have lunch, and then you will be landed straight into a group activity called role playing. You will have to pair up with another prospective trainee manager, and role play several roles based on paired flash cards that you and your partner choose from, one of you acting as manager, and the other as a customer or staff member. This is mostly about seeing how you, as a manager, would react to strange situations. The case Study is the final stage. This is where a bit of business study (or rapid adaptability) will come in useful, as your group will have to analyse a case study based on a make-believe McDonald's restaurant which has been falling on hard times and the previous manager quit/died/was fired. How well you do will depend on your ability to watch the time (you only have 45 minutes!), to lead the team at certain points and to work with your team when you are a team member. After drawing up your short-term (0-3 months), mid-term (4 months to 1 year) and long-term (up to 2 years) goals, you all will present these findings to the three supervisors. Stage 4: The final interview If you pass the OJE you will be asked to participate in an interview with an Operations Manager from McDonald's (normally only one interviewer, although my original one did invite another just to help me out because he worked in my area of interest specifically). NOTE: The Operations Manager manages half of the McDonald's restaurants in the country. Mine was called Leah Boothe, and she was amazing, very friendly, and always helped with anything I had a bit of difficulty understanding what she was asking for. As you will always be told: BE EARLY! Be absolutely sure to do your research beforehand, both in terms of potential interview questions and the background of McDonald's. Knowing what the current stock price is, McDonald's history, McDonald's in the recent news, etc. The interviewer will mostly look into the OJE and how you felt about it, your previous employment history (including gaps), your higher education (and why you chose that course/university), why you want the job, what you think the hardest part of the Trainee management scheme might be for you, and what you believe your 5 year plan will look like in this job. NOTE: With the food, I would recommend only taking the fruit, as it reflects well on your personality, saying that you prefer healthier options. Do whatever you can to relax and be yourself, and be honest. This was my first ever proper interview (after over 150 job applications), and even I passed, so you definitely have a chance!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the history of McDonald's?   Answer Question

Mcdonalds Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clapham, London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McDonald's UK (Clapham, London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

i applied online and got a interview i went and got told to come back the following monday due to me not having ID when i went the monday the whole interview felt quite rushed by the manager and as it was my first ever interview it threw me off a bit

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunderland, North East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McDonald's UK (Sunderland, North East England, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

I was taken into the back room and the manager asked a few questions. She didn't seem interested at all. It was a rather depressing time. I was rushed into the interview and rushed out, it only lasted 15 minutes and that includes the OJE. I only found the interview difficult because of the manager herself.

Interview Questions

• What does respect mean to you?   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McDonald's UK (Birmingham, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a quite simple conversation not a formal interview I applied online on 08/06/15 nd got interview /oje mail after two days .my interview was on 16/06/15 . I went there nd asked for my interview then they give me a form where I had to fill my details then one lady came nd talked normally casual she was very nice after that she showed me where my job evaluation held it was on driving threw window where I served customers up to 20 mints after that I came back nd she said me that I am selected!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about ur previous role ?   1 Answer