McDonald's UK

13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Grill Interview

Merced, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's UK in October 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was simple asked a lot of common questions like do u work well under pressure,do u like working in a team etc.

Interview Questions

Interviewed at McDonald's UK

Interview Details – Applied on line, which was easy. Was invited to an interview via email that had a link to a webpage where I could pick from a selection of times a dates my interview.
The interview was a group interview. We was all asked to introduce our self and then asked what we know about the company. We was then told we would be contacted if we made it to the next stage, which is the On Job Evaluation (OTJ).

Interview Question – None of the questions was difficult.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Crew Member
Warrington, North West England, England (UK)

I interviewed at McDonald's UK in January 2013.

Interview Details – Very simple interview - I wouldn't really call it an interview. All you do is talk through what you've put on your application form and expand on it... easy! OJE - Simple - handing bags to cars at the drive thru window telling them to 'enjoy their meal'

Interview Question – Not difficult - just make sure you re-read through your application form before the interview so you know what they might ask you to expand on.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Availability - don't be nice and say 'im very flexible' because they'll give you ridiculous, unsociable hours. Tell them when you can't do or when you don't want to work with a good reason (make it up?).

Treforest, Wales (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McDonald's UK in March 2010.

Interview Details – Have to fill up online application form and questionnaire first then if you get short listed, they will call you for face to face interview.. Then if you are selected, they will inform you within two weeks normally..

Interview Question – What's the one thing you don't like about McDonald's   Answer Question

Customer Care Assistant Interview

Customer Care Assistant

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at McDonald's UK.

Interview Details – was invited to a 1 on 1 interview with the manager, he asked me what i was like, why i wanted to work in mcdonalds, what skills i would bring to the job. hired me on the spot, came to a training day with a video explaining about the job and was given a bag pack with my uniform and badge. took about a week from when i applied online to getting the job

Interview Question – what is your weakness   Answer Question

Counter Assistant Interview

Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at McDonald's UK in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online to a position and I got an email back in a couple of days telling me to choose a time for a face-to-face talk. When I got there, in the time slot, I've chosen, the woman I was supposed to meet was not there; I've talked to one of the higher managers who was there; it was rather a pleasant talk and he said they'll be in touch to arrange a day of actual on-site work assesment. I want home and never heard from them after - still wondering what happened. They seemed very nice people, but not that organized regarding part-time hiring process.

Interview Question – Why would I want to work there, having my unrelated degree (CS).   Answer Question

Swalecliffe, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's UK in July 2012.

Interview Details – Applied to vacancy online. This consisted of an application form and a situational questionnaire (i.e- what would you do in this situation...). A few days later I got a phone call asking me to attend a group interview at the local branch. They asked us lots of typical interview questions. We had to pair up and learn as much about our partner as we could in 5 minutes before presenting what we had found out back to the rest of the group. Then we had a 10minut1 1-2-1 interview where they checked our available and when we could start etc. I found out the outcome around 4 days later.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Customer Care Assistant Interview

Customer Care Assistant
Cheltenham, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McDonald's UK in April 2010.

Interview Details – Very simple, basic easy questions to answer on an online form which test to see if you have the desired personality. Then a very easy face to face interview. They basically want to determine how much of a hard worker you're going to be. They asked questions that just weasle out what you do in your spare time. Try to make yourself seem active. It's a hard working position.

Interview Question – Tell us what you would usually do in your spare time   Answer Question

Crew Member

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at McDonald's UK.

Interview Details – They ask you about when you can work, how many days, what experience you have and why you would like to work from mcdonalds

Interview Question – N.A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Email

Crew Member
Barnsley, South West England, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's UK in February 2011.

Interview Details – The initial application process is all done online, where to have create a sort of CV by answering a set of questions. You then have to complete a tedious set of 50+ questions asking you about how you respond to certain situations (Aggressive customers etc...) once this is complete to then submit the application off. I got a response by email less than a week later, to go for an interview with one of the managers, when I got to the store I had to go find a member of staff to find out who I was supposed to be having the interview with, once I had found them and explained I was here for the interview I was led out into the dining area where the interview took place, around other customers. The questions were generic questions for a piece of paper she held in front of her, all fairly straight forward could I work in team etc... This took about 15 minutes after which time she told me I had got the job and I would contacted about the initiation process ready to work.

Interview Question – How would you respond to an aggressive customer?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for McDonald's UK? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McDonald's UK interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by McDonald's UK employees and interview candidates.