McDonald's UK

1.9

Grill Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merced, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merced, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at McDonald's UK in October 2011.

Interview was simple asked a lot of common questions like do u work well under pressure,do u like working in a team etc.

Crew Member Interview

Applied with a CV to the store manager through a friend of a friend: got a recommendation from him. Had to keep on rearranging my interview three times due to store managers poor organisation. I Interviewed in t-shirts and board shorts and got the job in five minutes. Go figure.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at McDonald's UK.

Online test gets you an interview. This isn't a real interview all you do is write your hours and what store you are applying for and the recruitment person will tell you where to go for an induction.
    The induction is just watching a couple dvds and sign the contract. They tell you then to go to the store you'll be working to get shown around and give bank details and pick up uniform. Oh you have to take another test online on food hygiene and h and s after they give you your login dtails for ourlounge.

None

Mcdonalds Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uxbridge, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uxbridge, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McDonald's UK in June 2014.

I applied by sending my email and I got a response after 1 or 2 days. The interview was very easy, it was more like a conversation. I believe that they had already chosen to employ me but they just wanted to meet me in person. The shift manager just asked me questions about my personality.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goole, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goole, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at McDonald's UK in May 2014.

Applied online for a Full Time Fully Flexible role, I had applied to MacDonald's before so all my details and 'situational question' answers were saved. 2 days later received an interview invitation, for 3 days later. On the day of the interview I went to front counter and said "I'm a bit early but I have an interview at 2, do you know what I should do?" the staff told me to wait in the seating area. Interviewer came and took me into the locker room as the restaurant was too busy. He asked me to tell him about myself, and asked questions about how I'd work in a team, show attention to detail, deal with an aggressive or rude customer, cope with multiple things being asked of me at the same time. All these asked for example but it was 'okay if I didn't have one'. They interviewer was really friendly and enthusiastic. Then I left my things in the locker room and he took me to the drive-thru window where I did the On Job Evaluation (OJE), literally just handing food and drinks to customers or asking them to park around the corner to wait for their order, and being really polite etc. After that we went back to the locker room to get my stuff and he told me they'd be in touch within a few days and if I was successful I would get a second interview with a manager. Received 2 emails 3.5 hours later telling me I had been unsuccessful but no feedback could be given.
    I feel like the interview and OJE went well and the only compromising factor was that I told the interviewer that I only wanted the job at that store for 3 months (as I'd be moving back to University in September).

Interview Questions
    • Can you give me an example of a time when you've dealt with someone who is rude or aggressive towards you?   View Answer

Crew Member Interview

Applied on line, which was easy. Was invited to an interview via email that had a link to a webpage where I could pick from a selection of times a dates my interview.
    The interview was a group interview. We was all asked to introduce our self and then asked what we know about the company. We was then told we would be contacted if we made it to the next stage, which is the On Job Evaluation (OTJ).

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exeter, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exeter, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at McDonald's UK in July 2013.

I filled out and sent the online application form on Monday. I quickly got a reply and was invited to an interview on Wednesday. The interview consisted of two parts, the first was just a normal question and answer interview, and the second part was basically spending 10 minutes pretending that you work there.

The question and answer interview was six questions, all in the "give me an example when you..." format. I can't remember exactly, but they were something like: worked as a team, worked under pressure, had to follow instructions, had to help encourage other team members.

In the second part I had to just walk around and clean some tables. I was really worried about this part because I thought they were going to put me in front of a till or something.

On Friday I got a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • For me it was the team work questions because I didn't really have any experience working in a team before.   Answer Question

Customer Care Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at McDonald's UK.

was invited to a 1 on 1 interview with the manager, he asked me what i was like, why i wanted to work in mcdonalds, what skills i would bring to the job. hired me on the spot, came to a training day with a video explaining about the job and was given a bag pack with my uniform and badge. took about a week from when i applied online to getting the job

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrington, North West England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrington, North West England, England (UK)

interviewed at McDonald's UK in January 2013.

Very simple interview - I wouldn't really call it an interview. All you do is talk through what you've put on your application form and expand on it... easy! OJE - Simple - handing bags to cars at the drive thru window telling them to 'enjoy their meal'

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult - just make sure you re-read through your application form before the interview so you know what they might ask you to expand on.   Answer Question
    Availability - don't be nice and say 'im very flexible' because they'll give you ridiculous, unsociable hours. Tell them when you can't do or when you don't want to work with a good reason (make it up?).

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at McDonald's UK.

They ask you about when you can work, how many days, what experience you have and why you would like to work from mcdonalds