McGarry Bowen Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2015

2.6

Copywriting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at McGarry Bowen (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Friend at agency got me in touch with internship coordinator so I could ask questions. Spoke on the phone for 30 minutes, then she arranged an in-person interview. Since the in-person was on Friday AM, there were no creatives present, just the internship coordinator. She was super nice, easygoing, and able to answer all my questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you will fare in a collaborative environment?   Answer Question

Digital Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGarry Bowen.

Interview

Very cool atmosphere. Great (and very hip) people. The interview process was good - very relaxed, but thorough. The HR team was very friendly and easily accessible. The Production team was also very friendly- very much 'work hard, play hard' types - you could tell they were passionate about what they were working on, which made you want to be a part of it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Their team was great to deal with and made me feel like they were working to get the best for me.

Graphic Designer Interview

Interview

I was freelancing with them and was hired shortly after. The company was growing that time I was working and was they were looking. It was easy (at the time since they were in need), it may be a bit more challenging since the company has grown a lot bigger.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McGarry Bowen in October 2014.

Interview

Set up a phone call within a couple days of getting in contact with them. It was a 20 minute chat mostly about my past experiences, what I know about McGarry, challenges I had in the past etc. Would be followed by 1-3 round interviews depending on how fast they need someone. Recruiter was very nice and personable and was honest about where they are in terms of hiring needs.

Interview Questions

• What advertising campaign interested you the most recently and why?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at McGarry Bowen.

Interview

Phone Interview after my application online

Interview Questions

• The questions were very simple. "Tell me about yourself" and "Tell me about why you like this area of advertising"   Answer Question

Summer Intern - Digital Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at McGarry Bowen (New York, NY).

Interview

I met an employee of this company at a meet up and he passed my resume along to the HR dept. I went for an interview a week later and wasn't really asked anything too difficult. They asked me to elaborate on the experiences on my resume, but didn't really ask any direct questions - none of the usual programming or data structures questions.

Interview Questions

• There were no direct questions. I was only asked to explain my previous experiences and what I could offer them as an employee.   Answer Question

Digital Strategy Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McGarry Bowen in March 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position in January and heard back in late March asking to schedule a skype or in person interview. I initially applied for a different position but they brought me in to interview with another department due to my relevant experience. I scheduled an in person interview a week later and I received news of my acceptance about five days my in person interview.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Interview

I reached out to an HR recruiter and first did a phone interview. I then scheduled a visit to NYC for interviews at various companies and mentioned I would be in town. I then was scheduled for interviews on two teams and did second round and final round on both that week. I interviewed with my direct boss, then met other members on the team

Junior Designer Interview

Interview

Warning: false promises. HR will say almost anything to get you to take the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to work at mcgarrybowen?   1 Answer

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at McGarry Bowen (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was contacted by their HR department about a position, and came to interview rather quickly. Interviewed (with planner, account director and 3 ACDs) to work on one team, but a week later was contacted about interviewing to work on a different team based on my experience level. I then came in to interview with second team (prospective copywriting partner and Creative Director). I was told by HR they were interviewing other people as well, and they'd be in touch. Last contact I had with HR was about how they haven't gotten approval to hire yet.

Interview Questions

• This is pretty standard, but still: What's your favorite ad and why?
      CD seemed very serious.