McGarry Bowen Interview Questions

2.5

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at McGarry Bowen.

Phone Interview after my application online

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very simple. "Tell me about yourself" and "Tell me about why you like this area of advertising"   Answer Question

Junior Designer Interview

Warning: false promises. HR will say almost anything to get you to take the job.

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at McGarry Bowen.

I was contacted by their HR department about a position, and came to interview rather quickly. Interviewed (with planner, account director and 3 ACDs) to work on one team, but a week later was contacted about interviewing to work on a different team based on my experience level. I then came in to interview with second team (prospective copywriting partner and Creative Director). I was told by HR they were interviewing other people as well, and they'd be in touch. Last contact I had with HR was about how they haven't gotten approval to hire yet.

Interview Questions
    • This is pretty standard, but still: What's your favorite ad and why?
      CD seemed very serious.
        View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at McGarry Bowen.

It was a usual in person interview, not that difficult and with the usual questions, very relaxed

Assistant Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at McGarry Bowen.

There was an initial phone interview where the interviewer asked most of the typical questions about work experience, academic experience, why mcgarrybowen. Following the interview, I was asked to come in after 3 days for a one-on-one interview with the HR recruiter who spoke to me on the phone. The interview was very easy going, more of a get-to-know-you kind of interview. I was then asked to come in a week later to meet with the hiring manager, and several other people from the different accounts with vacancies. Interviews were the basic "tell me a bit about yourself", strengths and weaknesses, work experience etc.
    I was informed that they will get back to me the week after.

Senior Digital Strategist Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at McGarry Bowen.

Recruiter reached out on LinkedIn. Took a phone screener, then came back for two more interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Describe something you worked on in advertising that made you proud?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at McGarry Bowen in January 2012.

Five minutes phone interview with Director of Talent, asked totally inapproriate ,unrelated & illegal questions for advertising agency regardless of the position. 1) when did you graduate from College 2) what I did from graduatioan to the first position listed on my resume (17 years work experience listed on my resume did not matter what so ever?), as this wasn't bad enough she had the audacity to request a resume with the information she was fishing for. I won't go near this company! Train your HR people before you get into serious trouble.

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McGarry Bowen in October 2011.

Good people, interested in my background, gave good overview of what they were looking for. Clear process no ambiguity.

Junior Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at McGarry Bowen in August 2011.

I interned for 10 weeks. It's pretty much like a giant interview. They see how hard you'll work, your quality of work and what you're willing to go through. No one treated me like an intern. Everyone is super kind and very wiling to help you figure things out.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at McGarry Bowen in April 2011.

The interview was styled as an open discussion forum. No tricky or confusing questions. Bother interviewers asked basic questions to grasp my qualifications, goals and if I'd be a good fit for the group. The half hour meeting was satisfying enough in the sense that I had a solid understanding of what to expect, and knew I would be happy with the company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your previous professional experience as it directly relates to this position.   Answer Question
    • Describe strengths/weaknesses.   Answer Question