McGill University Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2014
Updated Sep 25, 2014

2.5

Correspondence Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGill University.

-Contacted for an interview within a few weeks of applying through McGill work study
    -Interviewed by two interviewers - both were very kind and helped me feel comfortable throughout the entire process
    - Interview lasted for about 20 minutes
    - Went through resume, discussed relevant experience, and answered fairly standard behavioural questions
    - Job offered on the same day of the interview

Interview Questions
    • What are the procedures you take to ensure accuracy in your work?
      How do you handle mistakes?
        Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downtown (British Indian Ocean Territory)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downtown (British Indian Ocean Territory)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McGill University in November 2012.

, very informalApplied online and received a interview 4 days later. Interview was average

Interview Questions
    None, it was a contract union position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McGill University in September 2012.

contact a professor on the phone, and asked me about my background and associated modeling skills, very causal, and brought me to a lunch.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGill University.

I e-mailed a professor to ask for a position in her lab, we discussed my transcript and my CV and she said she would take me on as a volunteer.

Interview Questions
    I asked for a position and she said okay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at McGill University in April 2012.

Well I knew someone who was doing postdoc. I got asked a couple of questions and got in.

Homecoming Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at McGill University in January 2012.

Just ask expected questions like walk me through your CV. Really look for students willing to show commitment for at least the end of homecoming season and with basic data computer skills.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question would be to present your own idea on how to change homecoming around   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bahir Dar (Ethiopia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bahir Dar (Ethiopia)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at McGill University in January 2012.

i like all thing what i have seen in interview time.. they are highly committed to do their tasks,good communication and good cooperation between them

our ways work,salary,times,bonus,...etc

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at McGill University in January 2012.

I needed to submit an application for the job. After my references were checked, I was alerted that I had received an interview. I met first with the office which was looking to hire me. I was able to ask questions about the position and get a feel for what they were looking for. In the final round, I met with the specific researcher who I was going to be working under. I feel like his approval was the most important.

Interview Questions
    • How will the place you grew up in help you with succeeding at this job?   View Answer
    There really wasn't one.

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, QC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McGill University in June 2011.

Interviewed with the supervisor. Had the experience with identifying plants, therefore I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • What other experience do you have working in the field?   Answer Question

Junior IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGill University in April 2011.

Submit an online application as well as a hard copy. You will be called a towards the end of the semester for an interview. It's a one round interview.

Interview Questions
    • It's mostly gonna be a behavioural question, and some technical questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, it was a set salary for a part time job