McGill University

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at McGill University in January 2010.

Interview Details – By email to professors with interested field, and make sure of the follow up.

Interview Question – I was not challenged by any difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McGill University in April 2010.

Interview Details – I read publications of the PI and researched their Lab techniques. I reviewed my previous research experience. I tried to be honest and natural. I was mostly asked about my previous research experience.
i tried to give arguments for why I chose him to be as my potential supervisor and reveieled a big interest in his work

Interview Question – what are the research techniques that I know   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask about the salary, the research team, and the years needed to graduate with the supervior

PhD Candidate

The process took a day - interviewed at McGill University in February 2008.

Interview Details – It is a proposal exam, you need to know your subject quite well

Interview Question – How much time needed before you graduate.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at McGill University

Worked for McGill University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McGill University PhD Candidate interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by McGill University employees and interview candidates.