McGill University Postdoctoral Fellow Interview Questions

Updated May 31, 2015

1.7

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Interview

Will be question about the applications area and required skills to develop solutions. Then the professor will ask about the area of specialty and a couple of challenging problems solved.

Interview Questions

• About numerical methods, linear solvers, convergence rates and alike.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McGill University

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very fast and easy? It certainly helped that my McGill PI and me were alumni from the same University. Had one in person interview and was all set to start, the only problem was that I had to wait for my fellowship application to go through.

Interview Questions

• What have you done before? Why McGill? Why a new research topic?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2009.

Interview

A professor already knew my field of expertise and offered me a position on one of his projects. I thought about it a week or so and accepted the offer. I did not really go through an interview, it was quite informal and easy to manage.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I told my future boss I would accept the position only if the salary was interesting when compared to what I would get outside academia. Given that post-docs at McGill did not pay taxes on scholarships at this time, I found his offer reasonable.