McGill University

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at McGill University in January 2010.

Interview Details – I knocked all the professors in my field of interest, 2/3 of them were interested. My current supervisor asked me to apply to the university program and then after getting my offer letter my current supervisor enrolled me as his graduate research assistant

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at McGill University in September 2012.

Interview Details – contact a professor on the phone, and asked me about my background and associated modeling skills, very causal, and brought me to a lunch.

Interview Question – not a difficult question   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at McGill University in April 2012.

Interview Details – Well I knew someone who was doing postdoc. I got asked a couple of questions and got in.

Interview Question – Nothing to be honest.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGill University.

Interview Details – I e-mailed a professor to ask for a position in her lab, we discussed my transcript and my CV and she said she would take me on as a volunteer.

Interview Question – Do you know how to animate?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for a position and she said okay.

Research Assistant

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGill University in February 2008.

Interview Details – If you don't know a professor or a research associate, you have to go through the regular application process. I suggest exhausting your network and finding several professors that work in your area of research interest and contacting them. Let them know that you are interested in the same field and would like to work for them.

Interview Question – Explain your research interests and research works.   Answer Question

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGill University in September 2008.

Interview Details – get contacted with the professor via e-mail.
we made an appointment to meet at one morning 10am.
I went there and knocked at his door. He was not there, I waited outside of the door for 10 minutes.
He came back. We talked for 30 minutes. Then, he showed me the lab.

Interview Question – what's your current situation   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at McGill University

Worked for McGill University? Contribute to the Community!