McGill University Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

2.3

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Presentation of your recent research paper, the professors asked the theory of the paper, the contribution, and the results of it. The paper contributed itself to the finance world, using big datasets and quantitative analyst.

Interview Questions

• What's the data source and how do you manage your data?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McGill University

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

It was not a difficult one. It was pretty much easier if you apply for a position based on your expertise.I liked the way the questions were posed and the interviewer was keen on testing my basics on the position I had applied for.

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

contact a professor on the phone, and asked me about my background and associated modeling skills, very causal, and brought me to a lunch.

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

I e-mailed a professor to ask for a position in her lab, we discussed my transcript and my CV and she said she would take me on as a volunteer.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to animate?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for a position and she said okay.

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2012.

Interview

I contacted the investigator I worked for via email. A meeting was scheduled in his office. We just sat down and discussed some of my research experience and scientific interests. He talked about the projects going on in the lab and some of the findings that they've published recently. Very informal process.

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

Well I knew someone who was doing postdoc. I got asked a couple of questions and got in.

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2010.

Interview

I knocked all the professors in my field of interest, 2/3 of them were interested. My current supervisor asked me to apply to the university program and then after getting my offer letter my current supervisor enrolled me as his graduate research assistant

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGill University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2008.

Interview

get contacted with the professor via e-mail. we made an appointment to meet at one morning 10am. I went there and knocked at his door. He was not there, I waited outside of the door for 10 minutes. He came back. We talked for 30 minutes. Then, he showed me the lab.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Research Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGill University in February 2008.

Interview

If you don't know a professor or a research associate, you have to go through the regular application process. I suggest exhausting your network and finding several professors that work in your area of research interest and contacting them. Let them know that you are interested in the same field and would like to work for them.