McGladrey LLP

Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Dubuque, IA

I applied online and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in July 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruitement specialist in Minnesota, who did a screening phone interview ("Walk me through your work history," "Tell me about this gap in your resume," "You started out in X field and now you're looking for Y; why is that?") and then set up an in-person interview.

In-person interview with hiring/training manager out of Cedar Rapids. Very in-depth, about an hour and fifteen minutes, with lots of behavioral questions: Tell me about a time when you worked with a difficult customer? with a difficult co-worker? Tell me about a task you've done that involved getting information from a variety of people in a variety of locations? ... and some of the information was wrong?

She told me there'd be computer-skills testing later in the process.

Then there was a long gap with occasional contact from the recruiting specialist; they were doing other interviews and waiting for the principal to get back from traveling.

Later contacted by same recruiting specialist to set up an interview with two of the actual supervisors for the position. This seemed perfunctory, as if the decision had already been made, and never really rose above the "Tell me about yourself" question. At this point, I suspect they had already chosen another candidate.

The same recruiting specialist called to tell me they'd chosen someone else.

The entire process from start to finish took almost two months.

Interview Question – What would your dream job be? -- it doesn't necessarily have to be this job.   View Answer

Worked for McGladrey LLP? Contribute to the Community!