McGladrey LLP

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

I applied through college or university and interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details – I applied using university career service and got a school interview. My interviewer was a audit director, very humble and soft spoken person. He was really cordial and made me very comfortable. The first question he asked me is to tell about me and what i like and do thats not in the resume.

Interview Question – no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Assurance Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details – The people I spoke with, both on campus and office interviews, were incredibly nice. The conversation flowed easy, it was more about getting to know each other than reciting accounting skills or ideas I've mastered. The company defiantly tries to get people that match the company culture.

Interview Question – I was asked if I was interested in the big 4 and why I did not want to work there.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received a phone call with the offer. I asked McGladrey to email me the contract before I made any decisions. I emailed the contract once I decided to accept.

Assurance Associate

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in December 2011.

Interview Details – Extremely disorganized recruitment process and vetting of new employees. I went for a first interview and never heard back until almost 2 months later when they were desperate for people. The day I had my second interview, the last associate in the entire office had quit. I should have stayed away.

Interview Question – The interview was mostly conversational. They ask the usual questions about your background and why you want to work there.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much of a negotiation phase since this was an entry-level position. The firm is in collusion with other accounting firms in the area to keep all salaries for positions the same, regardless of your skill set.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at McGladrey LLP

Interview Details – First interaction was at a career fair, applied for the job and was called for an interview. One on one interview got an email for an office interview within 5 days. Office interview consisted of 2 interviews and a lunch. Received offer 9 days later.

Interview Question – There were no questions a reasonably prepared person would find difficult, interviews were simple and more conversational.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated nothing I liked the offer and the company. It was a phone call then an acceptance via email.

Assurance Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2013.

Interview Details – Participated in on campus recruiting event. Meet with representatives at an on campus career fair. Was offered an on campus interview with an assurance manager in the Chicago office. A week later I was invited to their Chicago office for another interview. The entire process took about four weeks.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had a successful group project and and unsuccessful one.   Answer Question

I applied through college or university and interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details – I was able to skip the first round interviews because I was part of their Summer Leadership Program. First-round interviews are usually held on campus. Second round interviews were held in-office. We were first given a presentation on the different opportunities McGladrey has to offer and an office tour. Then three different people interviewed me, who were managers or directors. They really tried to make it a relaxed environment.

Interview Question – Honestly there were no unexpected questions, but the one I had most difficulty with was asking about a teamwork conflict from my work experience (most of my internships were individual work).   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details – HR contacted me for interview. If you know someone in company, you have better chance of getting an interview. I was referred by another employee. Other friends of mine who had better resume and qualification than me applied through website and never heard back. There is only one interview round. It was very laid back. Regular interview questions like "tell me about yourself". Basic interview I would say.

Interview Question – It was a very basic and simple interview. No hard questions. The interviewer only wanted to know basic information; for example my previous job, what I did etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered a reasonable rate and I accepted it.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in July 2012.

Interview Details – Networking is so important. I was working as an accounting clerk for a company. McGladrey audited the company I worked for and I began to talk to one of the auditors and he helped me understand what auditors did. He also knew the recruiter very well. He gave me her e-mail address and I sent my resume to the recruiter and she interviewed me for the pathway program through the phone. (The pathway program is a three-day thing and one of the best experiences ever!) On the third day they interview us for internship and full-time positions. I interviewed for the full-time position even though I didn't have experience working in an accounting firm. Three different people interviewed me, 30 minutes each. It was scary at first but once you start talking, you become familiar. I talked a lot about why I liked accounting and how it fits with my love for puzzles. After that, I took their cards if they gave me one or asked them if they didn't already. I e-mailed the interviewers individually on the same day (before I could forget what we talked about) and expressed my thanks and followed up on any discussion that was interesting or didn't have time to talk about in our interview. Well, that was my story. Good luck!

Interview Question – I did not have any difficult questions believe or not. My interviewers really wanted to know about my personality and how I can fit as a team. I guess for those who have not really work in teams too often may find that question difficult?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I really wanted to work for McGladrey, so when the recruiter called me and offered me the offer, I was ecstatic. She told me what my salary would be and told me that she would send all the benefits via e-mail for me to look at. I had 1 or 2 weeks to either accept/decline the offer. I accepted it right away the next day. The offer acceptance was an easy process. I made no negotiation because honestly I got offered a job at an accounting firm that I really wanted to work at. The benefits and compensations seemed good enough for me.

I applied through college or university and interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details – Met with multiple employees during the process and all were friendly and down to earth. It was more of a get to know you to make sure you fit with the company type interview.

Interview Question – One of the interviewers asked the "Tell me about yourself" questions, which I think is a difficult question for a lot of people.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2012.

Interview Details – Selected for an on campus interview. After on campus interview, invited for an in house interview. Cocktail party the night before. In house interview took several hours and consisted of (3) 45 minute long interviews with upper management. Treated to lunch afterword.

Overall, very pleasant experience. The interview questions were all very basic interview questions, nothing technical what-so-ever.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Worked for McGladrey LLP? Contribute to the Community!