McGladrey LLP Assurance Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2014

2.6

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

I applied using university career service and got a school interview. My interviewer was a audit director, very humble and soft spoken person. He was really cordial and made me very comfortable. The first question he asked me is to tell about me and what i like and do thats not in the resume.

Other Interview Reviews for McGladrey LLP

Assurance Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

The people I spoke with, both on campus and office interviews, were incredibly nice. The conversation flowed easy, it was more about getting to know each other than reciting accounting skills or ideas I've mastered. The company defiantly tries to get people that match the company culture.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I was interested in the big 4 and why I did not want to work there.   Answer Question
    I received a phone call with the offer. I asked McGladrey to email me the contract before I made any decisions. I emailed the contract once I decided to accept.

Assurance Associate Interview

First interaction was at a career fair, applied for the job and was called for an interview. One on one interview got an email for an office interview within 5 days. Office interview consisted of 2 interviews and a lunch. Received offer 9 days later.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions a reasonably prepared person would find difficult, interviews were simple and more conversational.   Answer Question
    I negotiated nothing I liked the offer and the company. It was a phone call then an acceptance via email.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

I was able to skip the first round interviews because I was part of their Summer Leadership Program. First-round interviews are usually held on campus. Second round interviews were held in-office. We were first given a presentation on the different opportunities McGladrey has to offer and an office tour. Then three different people interviewed me, who were managers or directors. They really tried to make it a relaxed environment.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly there were no unexpected questions, but the one I had most difficulty with was asking about a teamwork conflict from my work experience (most of my internships were individual work).   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2013.

Participated in on campus recruiting event. Meet with representatives at an on campus career fair. Was offered an on campus interview with an assurance manager in the Chicago office. A week later I was invited to their Chicago office for another interview. The entire process took about four weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had a successful group project and and unsuccessful one.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

HR contacted me for interview. If you know someone in company, you have better chance of getting an interview. I was referred by another employee. Other friends of mine who had better resume and qualification than me applied through website and never heard back. There is only one interview round. It was very laid back. Regular interview questions like "tell me about yourself". Basic interview I would say.

Interview Questions
    • It was a very basic and simple interview. No hard questions. The interviewer only wanted to know basic information; for example my previous job, what I did etc   Answer Question
    I was offered a reasonable rate and I accepted it.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Met with multiple employees during the process and all were friendly and down to earth. It was more of a get to know you to make sure you fit with the company type interview.

Interview Questions
    • One of the interviewers asked the "Tell me about yourself" questions, which I think is a difficult question for a lot of people.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Got referred in by an existing employee. Had a phone screening with an HR recruiter. Was recommended to come in for an interview. Interviews consist of several 1:1 interviews (basically informal discussions) with managers, directors, etc. They usually do a group of candidates on the same day and you interact with the other candidates. Most interviews end with a luncheon with several 1st or 2nd year staff employees. Overall the interview process is very smooth and their HR does a very good job of communicating with you during the process. Decisions are made surprisingly fast and offers are extended very soon after the interviews are completed.

Interview Questions
    • "What is the most frustrating thing you've experienced in your current or previous job?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2012.

Selected for an on campus interview. After on campus interview, invited for an in house interview. Cocktail party the night before. In house interview took several hours and consisted of (3) 45 minute long interviews with upper management. Treated to lunch afterword.

Overall, very pleasant experience. The interview questions were all very basic interview questions, nothing technical what-so-ever.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in July 2012.

Networking is so important. I was working as an accounting clerk for a company. McGladrey audited the company I worked for and I began to talk to one of the auditors and he helped me understand what auditors did. He also knew the recruiter very well. He gave me her e-mail address and I sent my resume to the recruiter and she interviewed me for the pathway program through the phone. (The pathway program is a three-day thing and one of the best experiences ever!) On the third day they interview us for internship and full-time positions. I interviewed for the full-time position even though I didn't have experience working in an accounting firm. Three different people interviewed me, 30 minutes each. It was scary at first but once you start talking, you become familiar. I talked a lot about why I liked accounting and how it fits with my love for puzzles. After that, I took their cards if they gave me one or asked them if they didn't already. I e-mailed the interviewers individually on the same day (before I could forget what we talked about) and expressed my thanks and followed up on any discussion that was interesting or didn't have time to talk about in our interview. Well, that was my story. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • I did not have any difficult questions believe or not. My interviewers really wanted to know about my personality and how I can fit as a team. I guess for those who have not really work in teams too often may find that question difficult?   Answer Question
    I really wanted to work for McGladrey, so when the recruiter called me and offered me the offer, I was ecstatic. She told me what my salary would be and told me that she would send all the benefits via e-mail for me to look at. I had 1 or 2 weeks to either accept/decline the offer. I accepted it right away the next day. The offer acceptance was an easy process. I made no negotiation because honestly I got offered a job at an accounting firm that I really wanted to work at. The benefits and compensations seemed good enough for me.