McGladrey LLP Assurance Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2015

2.7

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Went to Meet the Firms in CSULA and talked to an associate. She kindly forwarded my resume to the recruiter and eventually got an email from the HR Department. I was invited to a social the night before my interview, went through the interview process the following day. Went through 3 interviews in total. Must be prepared to answer plenty of questions and have plenty of questions to ask.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McGladrey LLP

Assurance Associate Interview

Interview

I applied through my university and first had a 30 minute interview on-campus with a Partner. Then I was invited to the Company's local office to interview. I had 2 interviews, 30 minutes each, with a Partner and a Manager. The interviews were more conversational. Both individuals I interviewed with were friendly and easy to talk to. I got an offer about two days later.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked any really difficult questions. Some I was asked were tell me about yourself, why McGladrey, why assurance, why the middle-market, talk about your previous internship experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, I just accepted the offer that was provided.

Assurance Associate Interview

Interview

I received an interview through a college recruiting event. Everyone throughout the process was very friendly. The interview lasted around an hour and was mostly informational. They ask me a lot of questions about myself and my career aspirations. Then, I was given a chance to ask questions about their firm. I would recommend being prepared with a number of questions that you might have.

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

First round interviews, got to chat with one of the current employees while waiting. First interview was a lot about what I was looking for. could tell interviewer was tired after interviewing all day. Second round.. one presentation about the company, then a brief office tour, and then three interviews with different level staffs. Mostly about why McGladrey, why audit, groupwork, my knowledge about McGladrey's auditing practice, etc. Lunch after for over an hour.

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

I applied using university career service and got a school interview. My interviewer was a audit director, very humble and soft spoken person. He was really cordial and made me very comfortable. The first question he asked me is to tell about me and what i like and do thats not in the resume.

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

The people I spoke with, both on campus and office interviews, were incredibly nice. The conversation flowed easy, it was more about getting to know each other than reciting accounting skills or ideas I've mastered. The company defiantly tries to get people that match the company culture.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was interested in the big 4 and why I did not want to work there.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received a phone call with the offer. I asked McGladrey to email me the contract before I made any decisions. I emailed the contract once I decided to accept.

Assurance Associate Interview

Interview

First interaction was at a career fair, applied for the job and was called for an interview. One on one interview got an email for an office interview within 5 days. Office interview consisted of 2 interviews and a lunch. Received offer 9 days later.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions a reasonably prepared person would find difficult, interviews were simple and more conversational.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated nothing I liked the offer and the company. It was a phone call then an acceptance via email.

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

I was able to skip the first round interviews because I was part of their Summer Leadership Program. First-round interviews are usually held on campus. Second round interviews were held in-office. We were first given a presentation on the different opportunities McGladrey has to offer and an office tour. Then three different people interviewed me, who were managers or directors. They really tried to make it a relaxed environment.

Interview Questions

• Honestly there were no unexpected questions, but the one I had most difficulty with was asking about a teamwork conflict from my work experience (most of my internships were individual work).   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2013.

Interview

Participated in on campus recruiting event. Meet with representatives at an on campus career fair. Was offered an on campus interview with an assurance manager in the Chicago office. A week later I was invited to their Chicago office for another interview. The entire process took about four weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a successful group project and and unsuccessful one.   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2013.

Interview

Lasted about 2 weeks. I applied through campus recruiting and interviewed on campus with a partner. Easy interview we talked about travel. Office visit included 3 interviews - 1 partner, 2 managers. Partner told me that most staff leave within a year or two because that's the business structure...there are a lot less senior roles than staff roles. No technical questions. A lot of emphasis on teamwork.