McGladrey LLP

Updated Nov 16, 2014

2.7

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assurance Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in March 2012.

Applies online and through campus career website, but what helped the most was giving them my resume at career fair. Process consisted of 45 minute interview at university- I was asked a lot about my resume, but most important part of the interview are the questions that I asked. I was notified the next week I had been accepted for the 2nd round Office Interviews. Office Interview consisted of 2- 45 minute 1 on 1 interviews with a partner and a director. They asked me very general questions about myself/resume, team work experience, "Why M&P?", "Why not big4?". Their questions lasted 5-10 mins. The rest of the time was for me to ask questions. The questions you ask are the most important part of the interview.

Interview Questions
I'm not sure if I could have negotiated (if I could have it was not clear), but I did not.

Other Interview Reviews for McGladrey LLP

Assurance Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

First round interviews, got to chat with one of the current employees while waiting. First interview was a lot about what I was looking for. could tell interviewer was tired after interviewing all day.
    Second round.. one presentation about the company, then a brief office tour, and then three interviews with different level staffs. Mostly about why McGladrey, why audit, groupwork, my knowledge about McGladrey's auditing practice, etc. Lunch after for over an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2011.

I scheduled my interview through our school's on campus recruiting process. so we had a bunch of people picked for the interview. we had a pre-interview social the day before the interview. they were looking for candidates with 150 hr credit cpa eligible. it was a 1;1 interview. they were all kind.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2013.

Spoke with them at campus career fair. I was told to apply through both the McGladrey website and the university website. Invited to campus interview and a dinner at an up-scale local restaurant the night before. Each table a the dinner was a mix of candidates, partners, and associates.

The on-campus interview was 30 minutes with a partner. Relaxed interview, went over my resume and experience. Maybe 1 behavioral question. I received an invitation for an office interview within a couple of days.

The office interview started in the morning in the conference room with all the candidates interviewing and the campus recruiters. Basic ice-breaker stuff, introducing ourselves, playing a trivia game, plans for the weekend, etc. I then had two 45 min interviews back to back. The first with a manager and the second with a partner. From what I gathered interviewers at this stage do not follow a script and the style varies from person to person. Both of my interviews were conversational (Why do you want to work here? Why accounting? Why Audit, etc.) There was maybe one behavioral question in each interview (Tell me about a time when...). If you have gotten to this point they are pretty sure you have the technical skills and they are trying to see if you are a good fit personality wise. After the interviews were over, they had some of their newer associates take us on an office tour and then out to lunch at a nice restaurant. I did not even make it back to school before the campus recruiter called and extended a job offer.

Assurance Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2013.

Participated in on campus recruiting event. Meet with representatives at an on campus career fair. Was offered an on campus interview with an assurance manager in the Chicago office. A week later I was invited to their Chicago office for another interview. The entire process took about four weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had a successful group project and and unsuccessful one.   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in December 2011.

Extremely disorganized recruitment process and vetting of new employees. I went for a first interview and never heard back until almost 2 months later when they were desperate for people. The day I had my second interview, the last associate in the entire office had quit. I should have stayed away.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was mostly conversational. They ask the usual questions about your background and why you want to work there.   Answer Question
    There wasn't much of a negotiation phase since this was an entry-level position. The firm is in collusion with other accounting firms in the area to keep all salaries for positions the same, regardless of your skill set.

Assurance Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

The people I spoke with, both on campus and office interviews, were incredibly nice. The conversation flowed easy, it was more about getting to know each other than reciting accounting skills or ideas I've mastered. The company defiantly tries to get people that match the company culture.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I was interested in the big 4 and why I did not want to work there.   Answer Question
    I received a phone call with the offer. I asked McGladrey to email me the contract before I made any decisions. I emailed the contract once I decided to accept.

Assurance Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Met with multiple employees during the process and all were friendly and down to earth. It was more of a get to know you to make sure you fit with the company type interview.

Interview Questions
    • One of the interviewers asked the "Tell me about yourself" questions, which I think is a difficult question for a lot of people.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in July 2012.

Networking is so important. I was working as an accounting clerk for a company. McGladrey audited the company I worked for and I began to talk to one of the auditors and he helped me understand what auditors did. He also knew the recruiter very well. He gave me her e-mail address and I sent my resume to the recruiter and she interviewed me for the pathway program through the phone. (The pathway program is a three-day thing and one of the best experiences ever!) On the third day they interview us for internship and full-time positions. I interviewed for the full-time position even though I didn't have experience working in an accounting firm. Three different people interviewed me, 30 minutes each. It was scary at first but once you start talking, you become familiar. I talked a lot about why I liked accounting and how it fits with my love for puzzles. After that, I took their cards if they gave me one or asked them if they didn't already. I e-mailed the interviewers individually on the same day (before I could forget what we talked about) and expressed my thanks and followed up on any discussion that was interesting or didn't have time to talk about in our interview. Well, that was my story. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • I did not have any difficult questions believe or not. My interviewers really wanted to know about my personality and how I can fit as a team. I guess for those who have not really work in teams too often may find that question difficult?   Answer Question
    I really wanted to work for McGladrey, so when the recruiter called me and offered me the offer, I was ecstatic. She told me what my salary would be and told me that she would send all the benefits via e-mail for me to look at. I had 1 or 2 weeks to either accept/decline the offer. I accepted it right away the next day. The offer acceptance was an easy process. I made no negotiation because honestly I got offered a job at an accounting firm that I really wanted to work at. The benefits and compensations seemed good enough for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

HR contacted me for interview. If you know someone in company, you have better chance of getting an interview. I was referred by another employee. Other friends of mine who had better resume and qualification than me applied through website and never heard back. There is only one interview round. It was very laid back. Regular interview questions like "tell me about yourself". Basic interview I would say.

Interview Questions
    • It was a very basic and simple interview. No hard questions. The interviewer only wanted to know basic information; for example my previous job, what I did etc   Answer Question
    I was offered a reasonable rate and I accepted it.