McGladrey LLP Assurance Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

14 interviews

2.6

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assurance Associate Interview

First interaction was at a career fair, applied for the job and was called for an interview. One on one interview got an email for an office interview within 5 days. Office interview consisted of 2 interviews and a lunch. Received offer 9 days later.

Interview Questions
  • There were no questions a reasonably prepared person would find difficult, interviews were simple and more conversational.   Answer Question
I negotiated nothing I liked the offer and the company. It was a phone call then an acceptance via email.

Other Interview Reviews for McGladrey LLP

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

HR contacted me for interview. If you know someone in company, you have better chance of getting an interview. I was referred by another employee. Other friends of mine who had better resume and qualification than me applied through website and never heard back. There is only one interview round. It was very laid back. Regular interview questions like "tell me about yourself". Basic interview I would say.

Interview Questions
    • It was a very basic and simple interview. No hard questions. The interviewer only wanted to know basic information; for example my previous job, what I did etc   Answer Question
    I was offered a reasonable rate and I accepted it.

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

I was able to skip the first round interviews because I was part of their Summer Leadership Program. First-round interviews are usually held on campus. Second round interviews were held in-office. We were first given a presentation on the different opportunities McGladrey has to offer and an office tour. Then three different people interviewed me, who were managers or directors. They really tried to make it a relaxed environment.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly there were no unexpected questions, but the one I had most difficulty with was asking about a teamwork conflict from my work experience (most of my internships were individual work).   Answer Question

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

I applied using university career service and got a school interview. My interviewer was a audit director, very humble and soft spoken person. He was really cordial and made me very comfortable. The first question he asked me is to tell about me and what i like and do thats not in the resume.

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2012.

Selected for an on campus interview. After on campus interview, invited for an in house interview. Cocktail party the night before. In house interview took several hours and consisted of (3) 45 minute long interviews with upper management. Treated to lunch afterword.

Overall, very pleasant experience. The interview questions were all very basic interview questions, nothing technical what-so-ever.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Got referred in by an existing employee. Had a phone screening with an HR recruiter. Was recommended to come in for an interview. Interviews consist of several 1:1 interviews (basically informal discussions) with managers, directors, etc. They usually do a group of candidates on the same day and you interact with the other candidates. Most interviews end with a luncheon with several 1st or 2nd year staff employees. Overall the interview process is very smooth and their HR does a very good job of communicating with you during the process. Decisions are made surprisingly fast and offers are extended very soon after the interviews are completed.

Interview Questions
    • "What is the most frustrating thing you've experienced in your current or previous job?"   Answer Question

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Had a brief interview on campus with a recruiter, was later called in for an interview in the office. Spoke with several different employees including multiple partners. More of a discussion than an interview.

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2011.

I scheduled my interview through our school's on campus recruiting process. so we had a bunch of people picked for the interview. we had a pre-interview social the day before the interview. they were looking for candidates with 150 hr credit cpa eligible. it was a 1;1 interview. they were all kind.

Assurance Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

The people I spoke with, both on campus and office interviews, were incredibly nice. The conversation flowed easy, it was more about getting to know each other than reciting accounting skills or ideas I've mastered. The company defiantly tries to get people that match the company culture.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I was interested in the big 4 and why I did not want to work there.   Answer Question
    I received a phone call with the offer. I asked McGladrey to email me the contract before I made any decisions. I emailed the contract once I decided to accept.

Assurance Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in December 2011.

Extremely disorganized recruitment process and vetting of new employees. I went for a first interview and never heard back until almost 2 months later when they were desperate for people. The day I had my second interview, the last associate in the entire office had quit. I should have stayed away.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was mostly conversational. They ask the usual questions about your background and why you want to work there.   Answer Question
    There wasn't much of a negotiation phase since this was an entry-level position. The firm is in collusion with other accounting firms in the area to keep all salaries for positions the same, regardless of your skill set.

Worked for McGladrey LLP? Contribute to the Community!