McGladrey LLP

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assurance Interview

Assurance

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied via Online and was contacted within a week. I spoke with HR and at first everything uneasy - but I assumed HR had an off day. HR set up an in-person office interview w/ two partners and a director. Note that HR provides the interviewer's names - so prepare interview questions to ask them. Ie, I saw that you worked here for X years, (insert question).

Office Interview: Interviewers asked some questions regarding my work experience - however were more concerned about your personality (which is true for most Public accounting firms). My tip is be yourself and be able to recite your resume details (with real-life examples) without looking at it.

Overall prepare by (1) reviewing your resume (2) research recent/major news about McGladrey (3) practice STAR questions (4) prepare questions to ask interviewer

Interview Question – As noted above, interviewers will ask you to walk through resume and give examples of your listed duties.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – They took over two weeks to extend an offer (obliviously I was on their waitlist since I knew the person they offered first). However, I received an offer from a Big 4 firm during the wait period. So some other poor soul waited even longer to receive their offer. One thing that annoyed me was that the HR was irritated and felt 'betrayed' that I had accepted an other firm's offer.

Assurance Interview

Assurance
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2010.

Interview Details – McGladrey's interview process was so nice. The first interview took place at school and was really relaxed. I found out I moved on to the second interview, during the interview. The second interview was an in-office interview and had 3 interviewers. They were all really nice and relaxed, caring more about working well as a team rather than telling us we'd have piles of work to do. They treated us to lunch right after I got filet mignon and shared buffalo chick nacho appetizers with them. *thumbs up*

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for McGladrey   View Answer

Worked for McGladrey LLP? Contribute to the Community!