McGladrey LLP

Updated Sep 30, 2014

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assurance Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in March 2014.

I applied online and shortly afterwards a recruiter called me to have a phone interview. Based on that phone interview I was able to get an opportunity for an office interview. First, I was interviewed by one of the audit partners, then a senior audit manager, and lastly by newly promoted audit manager. Each interview was in a separate office, approximately 30 minutes with each individual.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me something about yourself? (The partner was multitasking, he was looking at me and scanning my resume)
    Why McGladrey?
    How did you hear about us?

Answer Question
No, I did not. If I would have had more work experience maybe but the compensation and benefits were perfect for me.

Other Interview Reviews for McGladrey LLP

Assurance Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2013.

Applied via Online and was contacted within a week. I spoke with HR and at first everything uneasy - but I assumed HR had an off day. HR set up an in-person office interview w/ two partners and a director. Note that HR provides the interviewer's names - so prepare interview questions to ask them. Ie, I saw that you worked here for X years, (insert question).

Office Interview: Interviewers asked some questions regarding my work experience - however were more concerned about your personality (which is true for most Public accounting firms). My tip is be yourself and be able to recite your resume details (with real-life examples) without looking at it.

Overall prepare by (1) reviewing your resume (2) research recent/major news about McGladrey (3) practice STAR questions (4) prepare questions to ask interviewer

Interview Questions
    • As noted above, interviewers will ask you to walk through resume and give examples of your listed duties.   View Answer

They took over two weeks to extend an offer (obliviously I was on their waitlist since I knew the person they offered first). However, I received an offer from a Big 4 firm during the wait period. So some other poor soul waited even longer to receive their offer. One thing that annoyed me was that the HR was irritated and felt 'betrayed' that I had accepted an other firm's offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2010.

McGladrey's interview process was so nice. The first interview took place at school and was really relaxed. I found out I moved on to the second interview, during the interview. The second interview was an in-office interview and had 3 interviewers. They were all really nice and relaxed, caring more about working well as a team rather than telling us we'd have piles of work to do. They treated us to lunch right after I got filet mignon and shared buffalo chick nacho appetizers with them. *thumbs up*

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in January 2010.

Recruited on college campus. Second round interview was in Chicago. In Chicago, I interviewed with two different partners in the firm. I heard back from the human resources department within a week.

None