McGladrey LLP Audit Associate Interview Questions

2.8

40 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took a day - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2011.

The interview was very informal. The interviewer asked if I preferred to work with non-public companies or public companies. No behavioral questions whatsoever.

Other Interview Reviews for McGladrey LLP

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2013.

I was not hired for what I applied for, but I record excellent detail that I'm willing to share. A McGladrey interview will almost be 80% based on your personality, a few behavioral questions, and lots of "tell me about yourself" stuff. They're definitely just getting to know you as a person. Your qualifications to do the job is the main reason the interview is provided--they know that you can do the job, because they'll most likely put you to a formal training program anyway.

It's as described by many: Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner, by some employees of the firm, to help ease your nerves. Whether or not they have any power in your hiring, that's unknown. Better be nice to everyone. We had a nice relaxing lunch with all the other candidates. Learn a little bit about the firm, the benefits, all that jazz. After lunch, the candidates went their separate ways to meet their respective interviewers. They'll each tell you a little bit about themselves before they get to the real deal.

For me, I had an Audit Partner interview me. Nope. I can feel I sucked. Why? He did not seem very pleased to even be doing interviews, which was an immediate sign that I was not going do well, or have a fair chance. He was interviewing my INTEREST in the position by asking if I have any questions about the job; I had a few, but not enough to last 10-15 minutes conversation. But being that I've always dreamed about being a part of McGladrey and for my dream career choice, what didn't I already know? This was my fault; should've prepared better. It's not an interview about how much you want the position & company, it's about showing the ambition you want for yourself in YOUR career. He had NOTHING scripted, and it was all spur of the moment questions...well, in my case, expecting me to have questions for him.

Interview #2 was with a junior HR person. It was more formal, with the questions I've prepared for in personality questions and a few behavioral. Definitely felt I aced it. But again, I think most of the hiring powers come from Partners. If not, you probably need the approval of both. I already knew I was a lost cause, and accepted defeat after all this.

Below, I share with you some questions in exact form:

Interview Questions
    • 1) Tell me about yourself
      2) Why do you want to work with McGladrey?
      3) Why did you not apply for the Big 4?
      4) Why public and not private?
      5) Why do you like Audit? (or whatever your position is)
      6) Tell me about a time you made a mistake, and how you dealt with this?
      7) Run me down with your resume
      8) Do you have any teamwork/leadership skills?

**Have some questions ABOUT the position you're applying for, even if you know most of it already, to show interest. Be ready to wing random moments of conversation**
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in June 2007.

I was contacted by a regional human resource manager. She reviewed all of my educational background and then conducted a phone interview. At the conclusion she stated she would call back in a week to determine if I would receive an in person interview. I went to the office and met with 4 management level employees for half of a day. I was then instructed that I received an offer and had 2 weeks to make my decision.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in September 2009.

University Posting, University Interview, Office Interview, Offer

Interview Questions
    Nothing. There were 50 people applying for every position.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in January 2008.

It went very well , they come and get from school then you get a second interview, which will be in the new york office, where you interview with three other people at top level then they give a tour and free lunch

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2012.

Met with recruiters at a college campus recruiting event. Then was asked to lunch with one of the firm's partners and one of the directors. Was later asked to come to the office location and met with several of the senior staff, shook hands with partners. Also toured the office location and was taken out to dinner.

Interview Questions
    • General questions - Tell me about yourself. What made you decide to major in accounting?   View Answer
    • What are your greatest strengths? Weaknesses?   View Answer
    I should have asked for more. As a college student I knew what other students were getting, and my offer was in the range. But I worked my way through college while holding down several part-time jobs and had prior accounting experience at a private company. If I had emphasized my experience level, I would have set myself apart from the other student recruits.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

On campus interview by a senior manager, who was accompanied by a few first years. The next day I was invited to head down to the office for more interviews. For the in-office interview, I interviewed with four people - a senior, a supervisor, a manager, and a partner.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to ask a lot of questions during the interview. In my case, more than one of the interviewers essentially asked me to interview them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tysons Corner, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2012.

I had an on-campus interview with a Director (Manager), and got an email to come in for an office visit. The HR Recruiters were very friendly, energetic, and proud to work for the firm. I interviewed with a Partner, then a Senior Associate. The Partner was more formal, and the Senior Associate was more informal and they both just walked through my resume and interest in the firm.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2011.

I went to the campus career fair then signed up for campus interview. Within one week was notified that my request for interview has been accepted. The campus interview was 1:1, with questions like "your work experience/ behavior question". 2 weeks later received an email invitation for Office Visit. The Office Visit consisted 3 of 1:1 /30mins each interviews. Lots of behavior questions!
    Overall, good experience except the first person that interviewed me was a bit of unprofessional(in my opinion) because as I was instructed into this person's office, he/she greeted me but then turned around working on his/her computer said was writing an email to a client. I just sat there looked at this person for 2 to 3 minutes.

Interview Questions

The amount offered was less than another firm(B4) and I did not feel the same level of connection with McGladrey as I did with another firm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in September 2007.

The hiring process was very simple. The recruiter that came to my university was also a college friend. He was able to turn my resume in. After that, their human resource department contacted me with a list of times to come up to Schaumburg and I was able to select a time that worked with my college schedule. Once I was there for my interview, everyone was very relaxed and were not intimidating at all. Once in the interview I could immediately tell the work culture was exactly what I pictured myself working in.

Interview Questions
    There were no reasons to negotiate. Salary level and bonus exceeded my expectations and other offers I received from other companies.

Worked for McGladrey LLP? Contribute to the Community!