McGladrey LLP Audit Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was referred to the job by a professor so that expedited the interview process. An interview was set up within a week. I was interviewed by 3 people, and they were very casual interviews. A lunch with the team followed that. Overall, it was a great experience. I was disappointed when I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself - not your elevator speech, but just about yourself.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McGladrey LLP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Chicago, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview process was a day long process. Each candidate met with two individuals at the manager or above level. Questions were more behavioral and less technical. I found the interview atmosphere to be very comfortable and more conversational than interrogative. It was a good interview experience overall.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Very Relaxing. Conversational interview. Basic questions. All the candidates were welcomed in the board room of the office after being given an office tour. We then split up each into a room and Partners and managers would come by each room and interview for about 30 minutes until another came by.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you worked on a team? Why do you want to work here opposed to Big 4   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

It was through our school career website. It didn't take more than a week. A HR called me and asked several basic questions, such as what is my GPA, where I was academically, and interest... The lady was really nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• I had to take an Auditing exam, which was really hard. They require the score needs to be above 90%.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Campus Recuiter, gave them my resume. Applied through school career center and their website. Had an on campus interview, then interview in their office. Did not hear back for weeks so knew it wasn't the right position for me.

Interview Questions

• How many bullets would you fit in this room?   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Met at career fair, applied through university, had 2 interviews- 1 at school and 1 in office Interviews were very easy and casual, no analytic questions Office interview contained 2 interviews plus presentation

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

On campus interview for their office in NY. They have a no stress interview which means they don't ask you questions. So unless you have a really awesome partner you can gel with the interview can get really awkward. My best advice is just to let them do all the talking.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Raleigh, NC) in May 2012.

Interview

Met with recruiters at a college campus recruiting event. Then was asked to lunch with one of the firm's partners and one of the directors. Was later asked to come to the office location and met with several of the senior staff, shook hands with partners. Also toured the office location and was taken out to dinner.

Interview Questions

• General questions - Tell me about yourself. What made you decide to major in accounting?   1 Answer
    • What are your greatest strengths? Weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I should have asked for more. As a college student I knew what other students were getting, and my offer was in the range. But I worked my way through college while holding down several part-time jobs and had prior accounting experience at a private company. If I had emphasized my experience level, I would have set myself apart from the other student recruits.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

On campus interview by a senior manager, who was accompanied by a few first years. The next day I was invited to head down to the office for more interviews. For the in-office interview, I interviewed with four people - a senior, a supervisor, a manager, and a partner.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to ask a lot of questions during the interview. In my case, more than one of the interviewers essentially asked me to interview them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

I was not hired for what I applied for, but I record excellent detail that I'm willing to share. A McGladrey interview will almost be 80% based on your personality, a few behavioral questions, and lots of "tell me about yourself" stuff. They're definitely just getting to know you as a person. Your qualifications to do the job is the main reason the interview is provided--they know that you can do the job, because they'll most likely put you to a formal training program anyway. It's as described by many: Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner, by some employees of the firm, to help ease your nerves. Whether or not they have any power in your hiring, that's unknown. Better be nice to everyone. We had a nice relaxing lunch with all the other candidates. Learn a little bit about the firm, the benefits, all that jazz. After lunch, the candidates went their separate ways to meet their respective interviewers. They'll each tell you a little bit about themselves before they get to the real deal. For me, I had an Audit Partner interview me. Nope. I can feel I sucked. Why? He did not seem very pleased to even be doing interviews, which was an immediate sign that I was not going do well, or have a fair chance. He was interviewing my INTEREST in the position by asking if I have any questions about the job; I had a few, but not enough to last 10-15 minutes conversation. But being that I've always dreamed about being a part of McGladrey and for my dream career choice, what didn't I already know? This was my fault; should've prepared better. It's not an interview about how much you want the position & company, it's about showing the ambition you want for yourself in YOUR career. He had NOTHING scripted, and it was all spur of the moment questions...well, in my case, expecting me to have questions for him. Interview #2 was with a junior HR person. It was more formal, with the questions I've prepared for in personality questions and a few behavioral. Definitely felt I aced it. But again, I think most of the hiring powers come from Partners. If not, you probably need the approval of both. I already knew I was a lost cause, and accepted defeat after all this. Below, I share with you some questions in exact form:

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me about yourself 2) Why do you want to work with McGladrey? 3) Why did you not apply for the Big 4? 4) Why public and not private? 5) Why do you like Audit? (or whatever your position is) 6) Tell me about a time you made a mistake, and how you dealt with this? 7) Run me down with your resume 8) Do you have any teamwork/leadership skills? **Have some questions ABOUT the position you're applying for, even if you know most of it already, to show interest. Be ready to wing random moments of conversation**   1 Answer