McGladrey LLP

2.8

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2012.

I had an on-campus interview with a Director (Manager), and got an email to come in for an office visit. The HR Recruiters were very friendly, energetic, and proud to work for the firm. I interviewed with a Partner, then a Senior Associate. The Partner was more formal, and the Senior Associate was more informal and they both just walked through my resume and interest in the firm.

Other Interview Reviews for McGladrey LLP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2012.

Met with recruiters at a college campus recruiting event. Then was asked to lunch with one of the firm's partners and one of the directors. Was later asked to come to the office location and met with several of the senior staff, shook hands with partners. Also toured the office location and was taken out to dinner.

Interview Questions
    • General questions - Tell me about yourself. What made you decide to major in accounting?   View Answer
    • What are your greatest strengths? Weaknesses?   View Answer
    I should have asked for more. As a college student I knew what other students were getting, and my offer was in the range. But I worked my way through college while holding down several part-time jobs and had prior accounting experience at a private company. If I had emphasized my experience level, I would have set myself apart from the other student recruits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2011.

I applied for the position through my school's career service website. I got an email from my school that I had been accepted for an interview. The interview was within a week of being notified. The interview was conducted with a manager of the Audit Department. He asked behavioral questions and no analytical questions for the first interview. The manager was nice but not very personable.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say your biggest accomplishment has been in your life?   Answer Question
    • Why mid-sized over a Big 4?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you made a suggestion to improve the work in your organization/ school group.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2011.

The office interview was very structured. Interviewed with two managers then went out to lunch with two first year associates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2011.

It was an on-campus recruiting interview. There were two greeters waiting in the lobby and I talked with them for about 10 mins before it was time for me to meet the interviewer. They were both very friendly, had been at the firm for 1 year, and went to the school at which I was participating in the on-campus recruit. But make sure you have questions to ask them. (generally stuff about themselves, when did they start, have they taken any parts of the CPA, how do they like working there etc). The interview itself was with a partner. He was very friendly and outgoing. He asked questions like, how did I obtain the internships on my resume, why do you like accounting, what is my 5 year plan, describe to me what you did at each of your internships. Thats about 15-20 mins. Then the next 10-15 is questions that you need to ask the interviewer. Make sure these are conversational, and not just firing questions at your interviewer. Act like you are interested in the response.

Interview Questions
    • You say you want to work for a medium sized company, but how can you justify that when your internships have been at large companies?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2011.

Once selected for the initial on-campus interview, they take you out to a pre-night interview dinner, where you can potentially meet your actual interviewer, other employees, and your competition. The next day, I was interviewed by a partner on-campus, where it was very much a conversation and laid-back. I heard back within a week for the office visit. In the second-round, I met with a manager and a partner. Again, it was very conversational, and they asked questions based on what you have on your resume. Afterward, they take you out to lunch with a buddy, where you can ask general questions about the firm. It was overall a very organized and fun process.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose a mid-sized firm over the big 4?   View Answer

It was a difficult choice between this firm and another. The other firm was just a better fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2011.

Meet at career fair and interviewed on campus. 45 minutes of behavioral questions. Then went for office visit in Chicago. Talked with a director and partner about the position and any questions I had. Pretty informal, and then with to lunch with an audit associate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took a dayinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2011.

The interview was very informal. The interviewer asked if I preferred to work with non-public companies or public companies. No behavioral questions whatsoever.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2011.

3 interviews with a Senior, Manager,Partner.

Interview Questions
    First offer came in and i asked for more. They called back within 10 min and made a another offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in March 2011.

Great,