McGladrey LLP

Relevance Date Difficulty

Auditor Interview

Auditor
Blue Bell, PA

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in December 2011.

Interview Details – I found out about McGladrey at my university's career fair. I spoke with the HR staff and applies online as well submitted my resume in person. I was called in for an on campus interview then a second half day interview two weeks later. After the 2 week interview I was offered the position. The on campus interview was with a managing partner who basically tried to get a grasp of what I was interested in and where I wanted to grow. He asked a good number of STAR questions.

The second half day interview comprised of lunch with members of the audit and tax teams who were in various stages of their careers. We were then rotated between interviews with HR manager, Audit Senior, Partner, and Supervisor for different industries (5meetings).

Interview Questions

• What do you do on your time off? How would you take advantage of our work-life balance programs?   Answer Question
  • Will you have your 150 semester credits before June?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Auditor Interview

Auditor

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process began with meeting local office staff at the university campus, seeding the staff with our faces and personalities before we gave them our resumes. I was contacted about two weeks after this to come to an interview on campus. There I met with a managing partner of the local office, where I went through a very conversational interview, asking about my background, experience, and interests. About a month later I was asked to go to their office about 100 miles away to interview further. The office visit was almost two months from the first interview. The office visit began with 4 pairs of staff (ranging from senior associates to partner) questioning my experience and various situational scenarios. The interview ended with the managing partner and a senior manager telling me that the pay was not very good, the benefits were okay but that I would not find very good benefits anywhere I went. I stayed positive because at that point I still wanted to work for this company, due to my knowledge of their opportunities. The staff then took the two interviewees (myself and another person) out to lunch, where the visit concluded. I did not hear back after the interview for almost another three weeks.

I decided that this was not the company for me. While I could not tell whether I had gotten the job or not, I was already planning on turning it down if it was offered to me. All of the staff had their own personal office, regardless of what their level was. This was evident in their interactions with each other, with even mundane conversation being very stilted. When it was time for lunch, everyone popped out of their office like prarie dogs. I was not impressed; all the other accounting firms I had visited were very open, with offices only reserved for higher level managers so they could meet with clients and have private conversations with their employees. For anyone looking for a job here, and that is determined that this is the place for you, then have patience and do not get irritated at the astounding amount of time it takes to answer an email.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in ten years? Do you want to be a partner?   Answer Question
  • What would you say was the single most important factor in the 2008 banking crisis?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at McGladrey LLP

Worked for McGladrey LLP? Contribute to the Community!

McGladrey LLP Videos

McGladrey LLP – Why Work for Us?

McGladrey LLP is the largest U.S. provider of assurance, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market, with nearly 6,700 people in more than 75 cities nationwide. McGladrey is a licensed CPA firm. It is the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McGladrey LLP Auditor interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by McGladrey LLP employees and interview candidates.