McGladrey LLP

2.8

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2013.

Process included interviews with a Partner with dotted line responsibility to the practice area, the Director of the practice area and a peer Director.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you have specifically done in our practice areas with success.   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2013.

Spoke with them at campus career fair. I was told to apply through both the McGladrey website and the university website. Invited to campus interview and a dinner at an up-scale local restaurant the night before. Each table a the dinner was a mix of candidates, partners, and associates.

The on-campus interview was 30 minutes with a partner. Relaxed interview, went over my resume and experience. Maybe 1 behavioral question. I received an invitation for an office interview within a couple of days.

The office interview started in the morning in the conference room with all the candidates interviewing and the campus recruiters. Basic ice-breaker stuff, introducing ourselves, playing a trivia game, plans for the weekend, etc. I then had two 45 min interviews back to back. The first with a manager and the second with a partner. From what I gathered interviewers at this stage do not follow a script and the style varies from person to person. Both of my interviews were conversational (Why do you want to work here? Why accounting? Why Audit, etc.) There was maybe one behavioral question in each interview (Tell me about a time when...). If you have gotten to this point they are pretty sure you have the technical skills and they are trying to see if you are a good fit personality wise. After the interviews were over, they had some of their newer associates take us on an office tour and then out to lunch at a nice restaurant. I did not even make it back to school before the campus recruiter called and extended a job offer.

Assurance Winter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in March 2013.

Met recruiter at a career fair. Applied and had a first round interview on campus. 1 30min interview with a partner. 2 or 3 basic behavioral questions and conversation.
    Received 2nd round office interview 1 day later. 2nd round interview started with a brief introduction of the firm as well as ice breaking games with the rest of the candidates. Had 2 interviews with a partner and a manager, each took 30min. Similar to 1st round, 2 or 3 behavioral questions and conversation. Then we were given a tour of the office and then went to lunch with some first-years and associates.

Interview Questions
    Got a call from recruiter a few hours after my interviews. Did not negotiate.

Winter Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in February 2013.

Basic college recruit. Applied through campus career center. Meet some partners and recruiters at the career fair. Selected for on-campus interview. 1on1 interview with tax partner. Awesome guy, nice conversations. Basic questions, just to get to know you and you're interests in the firm and accounting. Nothing technical. I think there were a few questions on teaming, but those came up naturally in the convo. Invited to the office visit and notified the day following. The office visit was the following week. Meet with two partners for 45 minutes each. Very down to earth people and they just asked about your experiences and why you would want the internship and work in public accounting. I got the offer the monday after following the friday interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too unexpected. In my opinion, the good firms these days just want to get to know you.   Answer Question

Went with a Big 4 firm I felt more comfortable with. Basically, the only reason was because the McGladrey office was more boring and bleak (furniture and layout wise) compared to the big 4 I am going with. McGladrey is impressive anyhow.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Great people to talk to. Met with recruiter and HR in corporate first, then with leaders in the regional office. The job ended up going to someone internal. I'm thinking I was the token interview for comparison sake. That being said, I would have enjoyed working with the people I met. They are very professional and seem to have their priorities in line where employees are concerned.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. The regional people seemed as if their time was being wasted. Another clue for me. If you have behavioral responses down, you'll do fine.   View Answer

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2012.

On campus interview and then on-site. The interview was pretty laid back, just asking more on your resume and telling about the specific role.

Interview Questions
    • The interview with senior consultant was very unorganized. He did not have any questions to ask and seemed preoccupied with work.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2012.

Met with a recruiter at career fair. Got invited for an interview and pre-night dinner on campus. Everyone was very personable. I had the chance to meet my interview at the dinner to calm down nerves. Interview the next day was pretty basic, with behavioral type questions and I was invited to an office interview in chicago a few weeks later. There were about 50 other interviewees there that day from a few other midwest schools. Interviewed with a partner and a senior manager. Again behavioral based questions. Pretty open and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest achievement to date?   View Answer

McGladrey Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in February 2012.

I was interviewed at school. Then I had a second round of interviews at the office. They took us to lunch with some of the associated so they could describe how they liked the job. I was then interviewed by a partner.

Set price

Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2011.

Phone interview, followed by on-campus interview with a Partner of the Firm. Final round in-office interview with Partner and Director. Mostly behavioral type questions.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Once selected for the initial on-campus interview, they take you out to a pre-night interview dinner, where you can potentially meet your actual interviewer, other employees, and your competition. The next day, I was interviewed by a partner on-campus, where it was very much a conversation and laid-back. I heard back within a week for the office visit. In the second-round, I met with a manager and a partner. Again, it was very conversational, and they asked questions based on what you have on your resume. Afterward, they take you out to lunch with a buddy, where you can ask general questions about the firm. It was overall a very organized and fun process.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose a mid-sized firm over the big 4?   View Answer

It was a difficult choice between this firm and another. The other firm was just a better fit.