McGladrey LLP

Relevance Date Difficulty

Consulting Manager Interview

Consulting Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2013.

Interview Details – Process included interviews with a Partner with dotted line responsibility to the practice area, the Director of the practice area and a peer Director.

Interview Question – Tell me what you have specifically done in our practice areas with success.   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

Consulting Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview, followed by on-campus interview with a Partner of the Firm. Final round in-office interview with Partner and Director. Mostly behavioral type questions.

Interview Question – Why McGladrey and not the Big 4?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2012.

Interview Details – Met with a recruiter at career fair. Got invited for an interview and pre-night dinner on campus. Everyone was very personable. I had the chance to meet my interview at the dinner to calm down nerves. Interview the next day was pretty basic, with behavioral type questions and I was invited to an office interview in chicago a few weeks later. There were about 50 other interviewees there that day from a few other midwest schools. Interviewed with a partner and a senior manager. Again behavioral based questions. Pretty open and friendly.

Interview Question – What is your greatest achievement to date?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Winter Tax Intern Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in February 2013.

Interview Details – Basic college recruit. Applied through campus career center. Meet some partners and recruiters at the career fair. Selected for on-campus interview. 1on1 interview with tax partner. Awesome guy, nice conversations. Basic questions, just to get to know you and you're interests in the firm and accounting. Nothing technical. I think there were a few questions on teaming, but those came up naturally in the convo. Invited to the office visit and notified the day following. The office visit was the following week. Meet with two partners for 45 minutes each. Very down to earth people and they just asked about your experiences and why you would want the internship and work in public accounting. I got the offer the monday after following the friday interview.

Interview Question – Nothing too unexpected. In my opinion, the good firms these days just want to get to know you.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Went with a Big 4 firm I felt more comfortable with. Basically, the only reason was because the McGladrey office was more boring and bleak (furniture and layout wise) compared to the big 4 I am going with. McGladrey is impressive anyhow.

Consulting Interview

Consulting
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2012.

Interview Details – On campus interview and then on-site. The interview was pretty laid back, just asking more on your resume and telling about the specific role.

Interview Question – The interview with senior consultant was very unorganized. He did not have any questions to ask and seemed preoccupied with work.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Tax Intern Interview

Schaumburg, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruiter. One on campus interview along with second round office visit. Very relaxed environment. Conversational interview, no tough questions.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in McGladrey?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details – Great people to talk to. Met with recruiter and HR in corporate first, then with leaders in the regional office. The job ended up going to someone internal. I'm thinking I was the token interview for comparison sake. That being said, I would have enjoyed working with the people I met. They are very professional and seem to have their priorities in line where employees are concerned.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions. The regional people seemed as if their time was being wasted. Another clue for me. If you have behavioral responses down, you'll do fine.   Answer Question

McGladrey Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was interviewed at school. Then I had a second round of interviews at the office. They took us to lunch with some of the associated so they could describe how they liked the job. I was then interviewed by a partner.

Interview Question – There were no questions. It was a discussion.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Set price

Chicago, IL

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2011.

Interview Details – Meet at career fair and interviewed on campus. 45 minutes of behavioral questions. Then went for office visit in Chicago. Talked with a director and partner about the position and any questions I had. Pretty informal, and then with to lunch with an audit associate.

Interview Question – Tell me why you are qualified for this position.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

Interview Details – Once selected for the initial on-campus interview, they take you out to a pre-night interview dinner, where you can potentially meet your actual interviewer, other employees, and your competition. The next day, I was interviewed by a partner on-campus, where it was very much a conversation and laid-back. I heard back within a week for the office visit. In the second-round, I met with a manager and a partner. Again, it was very conversational, and they asked questions based on what you have on your resume. Afterward, they take you out to lunch with a buddy, where you can ask general questions about the firm. It was overall a very organized and fun process.

Interview Question – Why did you choose a mid-sized firm over the big 4?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – It was a difficult choice between this firm and another. The other firm was just a better fit.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for McGladrey LLP? Contribute to the Community!

McGladrey LLP Videos

McGladrey LLP – Why Work for Us?

McGladrey LLP is the largest U.S. provider of assurance, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market, with nearly 6,700 people in more than 75 cities nationwide. McGladrey is a licensed CPA firm. It is the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McGladrey LLP interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by McGladrey LLP employees and interview candidates.