McGladrey LLP Consulting Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.5

Consulting Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Overall a great interview process. HR was extremely helpful and the interview process had no case component which allowed you to really express who you are and why you're a good fit. Round 1: In office: Three consecutive 30-45 minute interviews (Associate, Manager, Director). Mainly asking why you want to work there over other firms (important to note middle market) - A good reason for the middle market is that you are put on meaningful projects that you won't get in boutique firms, but get exposure to decision makers which you might not get at a large firm. Round 2: Confirmation email with another Director - Overall very friendly environment

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for McGladrey LLP

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Met a partner at University event and he sent my resume to recruiter. I had a phone interview and then did not hear back. Was contacted a few weeks later by a senior recruiter and set up interview with Consulting team. Met with partner in consulting as well as a director.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, typical interview. Very nice & felt like more of a conversation.   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

Interview

Met them at a career expo and received an invitation to interview at our career center. The interview was extremely casual and felt more like a conversation. I was able to steer it to whatever topics I wanted. I was told there would be a case question, but was never asked one.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had difficulty working on a team? What did you do about it?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Dallas, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 2 office interviews. Office interview consisted of interview with entire team as well as a few partners. Interview was very relaxed and informal. Asked basic interview questions. Whole process was long as it took 6+ weeks. Accepted offer and was offered bonus as well.

Consulting Associate Interview

Interview

This is a combination of behavioral and situational interviews. Prior experience and communication skills are key. You meet with a Senior, Manager/Director and Partner. HR is nice and friendly. It's a half hour to 45 minute interview with each. They are mid market, so its essential to know specific industries and not be too demanding.

Interview Questions

• They will just ask you something you don't have experience with. It's how you answer that counts. Be prepared to answer questions on how you manage staff, leadership and your future career path/goals.   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

Interview

Met with a recruiter. Then brought in to meet with several directors and a partner

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do with your CPA   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2012.

Interview

I had an interview with a partner and a director at the same time. They were extremely friendly. The interview was very informal. They just had questions about my current job experience and education background and spent some time on explaining benefits of working for the company including the flexibility and challenging but rewarding experience.

Interview Questions

• What are the reasons you want to leave your current employer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Charlotte, NC) in May 2012.

Interview

Met with a senior manager through a recruiting event and had an informal interview on site (golf course). Received an email a few days later from the regional HR recruiter extending an office visit. The office visit consisted of two 45 minute one-on-one interviews with managers from the consulting practice. There were no behavioral questions or anything drawing too much stress, more of a relaxed conversation trying to get a feel for the job and the interviewer trying to get a feel for your interests and goals.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you had difficulty working in a group environment and how did you handle this situation.   1 Answer

I received an offer from another firm that provided more personal opportunities.

Consulting Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2012.

Interview

Very relaxed. Applied online and receive a phone interview within 2 weeks of apply. After the phone interview I was scheduled to have an on site interview within the next week. Got an offer after the 1 on 1 interview within 2 days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Miami, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

Met the firm at a career fair at University. This was most important for me, as it was my "first impression" of them. Although firm associates may act short/uninterested they are paying attention and want candidates that seem interested and eager to learn, not just someone "dropping off their resume". I followed through and applied for an interview through Career Services. The on campus interview was held 1 on 1 with a manager and consisted of behavioral questions and your experiences. 2 weeks later, I received an email asking me to come in for an office visit. The office visit was very relaxed and I did not feel as nervous as I had with other firms. I interviewed with 2 directors and 1 manager. They touched on my resume but were more interested in chatting and getting a sense of my personality. That night, we were invited for a social at a restaurant downtown and were able to meet more associates and managers (including managing partner), and met the other potential job candidates. I focused on networking and socializing with the firms associates who were surprisingly very open and eager to chat. Received a phone call 2 days later with the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Accepted the initial offer, as it was market rate, and did not expect firm to negotiate higher, especially for entry level position. Do your research, for me, it was more important to "get my foot in the door" than potentially ruin the experience by asking for 2-3K more and being turned down. The offer was adequate for entry level.