McGladrey LLP

Updated Feb 17, 2014

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Interviewed at McGladrey LLP

Interview Details – Met with a recruiter. Then brought in to meet with several directors and a partner

Interview Question – What do you want to do with your CPA   View Answer

Miami, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in March 2012.

Interview Details – Met the firm at a career fair at University. This was most important for me, as it was my "first impression" of them. Although firm associates may act short/uninterested they are paying attention and want candidates that seem interested and eager to learn, not just someone "dropping off their resume". I followed through and applied for an interview through Career Services. The on campus interview was held 1 on 1 with a manager and consisted of behavioral questions and your experiences. 2 weeks later, I received an email asking me to come in for an office visit. The office visit was very relaxed and I did not feel as nervous as I had with other firms. I interviewed with 2 directors and 1 manager. They touched on my resume but were more interested in chatting and getting a sense of my personality. That night, we were invited for a social at a restaurant downtown and were able to meet more associates and managers (including managing partner), and met the other potential job candidates. I focused on networking and socializing with the firms associates who were surprisingly very open and eager to chat. Received a phone call 2 days later with the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Accepted the initial offer, as it was market rate, and did not expect firm to negotiate higher, especially for entry level position. Do your research, for me, it was more important to "get my foot in the door" than potentially ruin the experience by asking for 2-3K more and being turned down. The offer was adequate for entry level.

Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2012.

Interview Details – Met with a senior manager through a recruiting event and had an informal interview on site (golf course). Received an email a few days later from the regional HR recruiter extending an office visit. The office visit consisted of two 45 minute one-on-one interviews with managers from the consulting practice. There were no behavioral questions or anything drawing too much stress, more of a relaxed conversation trying to get a feel for the job and the interviewer trying to get a feel for your interests and goals.

Interview Question – Describe a time in which you had difficulty working in a group environment and how did you handle this situation.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I received an offer from another firm that provided more personal opportunities.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Consulting Associate

The process took a day - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in February 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was great. I had met many of my interviewers at business events before the formal interview and so I was excited about the opportunity. However, the interview turned negative when I received no reply by email or over the phone afterwards. While this is typical, it was particularly frustrating because even after calling and leaving messages with the interviewers, I was granted no response.

I was promised reimbursement for my travel expenses on two separate occasions by two separate HR Reps and I never received it (because I could never get a hold of them!)

Interview Question – The interview was four hours long, however most of the questions were casual. There were no behavioral or situational questions.   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2012.

Interview Details – I had an interview with a partner and a director at the same time. They were extremely friendly. The interview was very informal. They just had questions about my current job experience and education background and spent some time on explaining benefits of working for the company including the flexibility and challenging but rewarding experience.

Interview Question – What are the reasons you want to leave your current employer?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview, followed by on-campus interview with a Partner of the Firm. Final round in-office interview with Partner and Director. Mostly behavioral type questions.

Interview Question – Why McGladrey and not the Big 4?   Answer Question

Interviewed at McGladrey LLP

Interview Details – This is a combination of behavioral and situational interviews. Prior experience and communication skills are key. You meet with a Senior, Manager/Director and Partner. HR is nice and friendly. It's a half hour to 45 minute interview with each. They are mid market, so its essential to know specific industries and not be too demanding.

Interview Question – They will just ask you something you don't have experience with. It's how you answer that counts. Be prepared to answer questions on how you manage staff, leadership and your future career path/goals.   Answer Question

Consulting Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in March 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview with human resources for typical screen; notified w/in two days about coming in for in office interview. Office interviews consisted of three 1:1 meetings, office tour, question and answer period. Asked typical behavioral and interview questions. Offer w/in two days.

Interview Question – Tell me about your three greatest strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Worked for McGladrey LLP? Contribute to the Community!