McGladrey LLP

Relevance Date Difficulty

Consulting Manager Interview

Consulting Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2013.

Interview Details – Process included interviews with a Partner with dotted line responsibility to the practice area, the Director of the practice area and a peer Director.

Interview Question – Tell me what you have specifically done in our practice areas with success.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Consulting Manager Interview

Consulting Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details – My honest and sincere advice to folks who are trying to get into this company or have been contacted by this company: STAY AWAY! Having been in consulting for 10+ years, I understand how companies work and how offers can be changed , however what I don't expect them to do is to make an offer then withdraw it without any reason and also not communicate about what they intend to do.
A recruiter reached out to me and went on and on about how great the firm is. I was at that time working with a Big 4 audit/consulting firm and the opportunity looked good. The recruiter set up an interview with a manager, who didn't understand much about consulting since he was from audit background. Incidentally, in my research, I found that most of their managers/directors/principals who were leading consulting engagements, were from audit background( That should have been my the biggest warning sign). After "clearing" this interview, I interviewed with the head of consulting who after 2 conversations made me a verbal offer to join. As I was about to accept it after 3-4 days, I was informed that I will need to go to their local office. Went there and oh boy, what an experience. First of all, the office was bare and empty i.e. no staff - not on vacation or client location but literally they did not have any associates/consultants except for 4 partners. They interviewed me and really looked as if they regretted joining mcgladrey i.e.no info about the firm and totally unenthusiastic. After the interview, recruiter etc all went dark for about 4 weeks and inspite of my writing or calling the recruiter every third day, I never received a response. Finally, the recruiter responded with some BS about being on vacation and informing me that they will not proceed with hiring. Completely unprofessional and unethical way to go about hiring. My advice to folks: There are better companies with dedicated folks, so don't waste your time with this frim

Worked for McGladrey LLP? Contribute to the Community!