McGladrey LLP Intern Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.6

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2011.

I really did not feel I had the opportunity to get to know the interviewer. I felt like the interviewer was the drill sergeant and I was a cadet. I was asked questions about how I could audit someone when I did not balance my checkbook and high level "what can you do for us" type questions. By the end of the interview, I was hesitant to ask anything personal for the interviewer.

Interview Questions
  • How can you audit someone when you don't balance your own checkbook?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McGladrey LLP

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tysons Corner, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2012.

Did a first round of interviews at my school, they got back to me quickly (within a few days) and invited me up to their office in Vienna/Tyson's Corner for a final round of interviews. On the day of my final interviews, they provided transportation from my school for me and 10 other students in the form of a Hummer Limo. We got there and had breakfast and introductions, then did two approximately 30-45 minute interviews. Usually one is with a newer, lower-level employee and the other with an upper-level manager/director/partner etc. Then, we were given a quick tour and lunch before finally leaving. The people were all awesome. I received the formal offer 3 hours later and accepted....best experience ever by far!

Interview Questions
    • The interviews were not difficult, mine were simply one-on-one and conversational. However, if you aren't prepared with a lot of questions and aren't able to ad lib off of their responses, you might struggle. Be comfortable and confident, but also give clear and definitive responses. Don't say you'll do anything they want, say you want audit or tax and even profit/non-profit if you want it. Also, if you want the job ASK FOR IT. At the end of my interview I gave a little last pitch about how I really wanted the position and that they were my number 1 choice (but only say it if you mean it, which i did).   Answer Question
    They offered, and I accepted.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

I was interviewed by a partner who I could tell right off the bad did not like me. I could tell she really did not like being there. There was a focus on behavioral questions, and really trying to push the actual topic away from auditing.

Interview Questions
    • How would your friend's describe you if they were only allowed to use one word?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in September 2011.

Recruited via Unversity recruitment. 1st interview on campus one on one not too difficult pretty standard. Then at company office there was a group of us. The day consisted of presentation, tour, and one on one interviews with two people in firm. Not too bad pretty standard again.

Interview Questions

Liked the company went with larger company with more national offices.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in April 2014.

applied through school. got a campus interview which was very relaxed.. 30 mins not hard at all if you are familiar with the company and its values.. after 3 weeks i got an email to do an office interview. 3 interviews back to back each about 30 mins each.. relaxed and conversational

Interview Questions
    • n/a. all questions were very easy to answer.. there wasn't any technical questions... just be prepared to keep the conversation going bc there will be a moment of silence if you do not have any questions for them. also be prepared to answer behavioral questions   Answer Question
    got a call from my recruiter with an offer. she emailed me the offer and gave me 3 weeks to decide

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Blue Bell, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in December 2013.

I interviewed with two different people. The first being someone who was high up in auditing (I'm not sure if he was a partner or not), and the second being someone in HR. The entire process took about 30-40 minutes. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I applied online and then I called a few days later to ask if they were hiring, and I got an interview.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of culture do you want to work for
      Describe a difficult situation you had in the past and how you worked through it.
      (Questions were not very difficult)
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in January 2013.

Was introduced to company through job fair. Had one phone interview which was simple and easy and 2 part face-to-face interview. The interviewers were very kind and I was relaxed throughout the process.

Interview Questions
    • Only had 3.3 overall GPA and they asked me why they should take me as an intern rather than someone with a higher GPA.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2010.

Had a meet and greet dinner with local alumni from my school as well as professionals. Interview was very conversational, just about myself and what the interview would entail.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in September 2008.

Set up interview through formal internship program with college; initial interview was at the college with the human resources supervisor. Lasted about an hour; she couldn't answer a lot of the job-specific questions since she was HR. Went to an office for a 2nd interview with the managing partner and several staff members at various levels.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in September 2012.

There were 2 interviews, 1 on campus and 1 on in the home office. Interview with an associate on campus for about 30 minutes and it wasn't technical, he asked a few questions about my resume and the rest of the time was left for me to ask questions. Interviewed with a manager and partner at the home office and I had the same experience.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions or case study. It was simply a personality interview.   Answer Question

Worked for McGladrey LLP? Contribute to the Community!