McGladrey LLP Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2015

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2011.

Interview

I really did not feel I had the opportunity to get to know the interviewer. I felt like the interviewer was the drill sergeant and I was a cadet. I was asked questions about how I could audit someone when I did not balance my checkbook and high level "what can you do for us" type questions. By the end of the interview, I was hesitant to ask anything personal for the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• How can you audit someone when you don't balance your own checkbook?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McGladrey LLP

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Des Moines, IA) in September 2011.

Interview

Recruited via Unversity recruitment. 1st interview on campus one on one not too difficult pretty standard. Then at company office there was a group of us. The day consisted of presentation, tour, and one on one interviews with two people in firm. Not too bad pretty standard again.

Interview Questions

Liked the company went with larger company with more national offices.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Tysons Corner, VA) in October 2012.

Interview

Did a first round of interviews at my school, they got back to me quickly (within a few days) and invited me up to their office in Vienna/Tyson's Corner for a final round of interviews. On the day of my final interviews, they provided transportation from my school for me and 10 other students in the form of a Hummer Limo. We got there and had breakfast and introductions, then did two approximately 30-45 minute interviews. Usually one is with a newer, lower-level employee and the other with an upper-level manager/director/partner etc. Then, we were given a quick tour and lunch before finally leaving. The people were all awesome. I received the formal offer 3 hours later and accepted....best experience ever by far!

Interview Questions

• The interviews were not difficult, mine were simply one-on-one and conversational. However, if you aren't prepared with a lot of questions and aren't able to ad lib off of their responses, you might struggle. Be comfortable and confident, but also give clear and definitive responses. Don't say you'll do anything they want, say you want audit or tax and even profit/non-profit if you want it. Also, if you want the job ASK FOR IT. At the end of my interview I gave a little last pitch about how I really wanted the position and that they were my number 1 choice (but only say it if you mean it, which i did).   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered, and I accepted.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

I was interviewed by a partner who I could tell right off the bad did not like me. I could tell she really did not like being there. There was a focus on behavioral questions, and really trying to push the actual topic away from auditing.

Interview Questions

• How would your friend's describe you if they were only allowed to use one word?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Went to the career fair and then applied for the internship. Got invited to the social event in the town of my college. Started with an interview on campus. Was then invited to do the in office interviews where I went to another social event the night before and met the employees of that office. The next day I sat with 2 separate partners and had 30 min interviews. Asked behavioral questions and had general conversation about my plans and current life situation.

Interview Questions

• Conversations led to things I didn't want to talk about. Would ask a question and I gave a brief answer on the topic. They pressed for more information.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

I went in for an office interview and met with a partner for about an hour. It was a very warm environment and the staff were nice. I thought I would have more interviews but only spoke with the partner. I was asked typical interview questions more than behavioral, which surprised me. Afterwards, I probably asked the partner 8-10 questions but he seemed impressed that I did my research and I was curious about the firm's culture. Got the call later that day that I got the position.

Interview Questions

• Strengths/Weaknesses What is your ideal job? Questions regarding my resume and how I went into accounting   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

There was an interview on campus after many meetings through networking events. I had never met the person interviewing me prior to the interview. Attending the events was definitely worth it though to grasp the culture of the firm.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why did you pick accounting. Why us?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

applied through school. got a campus interview which was very relaxed.. 30 mins not hard at all if you are familiar with the company and its values.. after 3 weeks i got an email to do an office interview. 3 interviews back to back each about 30 mins each.. relaxed and conversational

Interview Questions

• n/a. all questions were very easy to answer.. there wasn't any technical questions... just be prepared to keep the conversation going bc there will be a moment of silence if you do not have any questions for them. also be prepared to answer behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

got a call from my recruiter with an offer. she emailed me the offer and gave me 3 weeks to decide

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Was introduced to company through job fair. Had one phone interview which was simple and easy and 2 part face-to-face interview. The interviewers were very kind and I was relaxed throughout the process. Was introduced to company through job fair. Had one phone interview which was simple and easy and 2 part face-to-face interview. The interviewers were very kind and I was relaxed throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Only had 3.3 overall GPA and they asked me why they should take me as an intern rather than someone with a higher GPA.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in September 2012.

Interview

There were 2 interviews, 1 on campus and 1 on in the home office. Interview with an associate on campus for about 30 minutes and it wasn't technical, he asked a few questions about my resume and the rest of the time was left for me to ask questions. Interviewed with a manager and partner at the home office and I had the same experience.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions or case study. It was simply a personality interview.   Answer Question