McGladrey LLP Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.6

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Orlando, FL).

Interview

There were three interviews, one screening on the phone, an initial in person interview, and a follow up interview in person. You'll meet nearly everyone you'll be working for to make sure you're a good fit for your team and the company. I think I met at least six people through my interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• In the following scenario what would you do: it is 3:00 pm and you get five different assignments from your different supervisors saying they need their items finished by the end of the day. What do you do?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Went through the pathways program and interviewed with three Audit partners from various industries. Interviews went great, as they actually wanted to know about me and my personality just as much as my school and leadership experience

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will fit in well with McGladrey?   1 Answer

Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university and had a phone interview. After the phone interview I had two interviews at their office. The interviews were very laid back. They asked me to describe myself and where I saw myself in 5 years. They didn't ask any behavioral questions.

Consulting Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Overall a great interview process. HR was extremely helpful and the interview process had no case component which allowed you to really express who you are and why you're a good fit.

Round 1: In office: Three consecutive 30-45 minute interviews (Associate, Manager, Director). Mainly asking why you want to work there over other firms (important to note middle market)
    - A good reason for the middle market is that you are put on meaningful projects that you won't get in boutique firms, but get exposure to decision makers which you might not get at a large firm.

Round 2: Confirmation email with another Director
    - Overall very friendly environment

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

There was an interview on campus after many meetings through networking events. I had never met the person interviewing me prior to the interview. Attending the events was definitely worth it though to grasp the culture of the firm.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why did you pick accounting.
      Why us?

Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

First had a phone interview to set up the interview and then met with a senior and partner in the office. At the office I got a tour at first and then went in for the interview. I was told I would receive a call back quickly.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle a group situation that didn't go according to plan?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Very laid back and conversational - Interviewed with 2 partners who were very easy to talk to. The entire interview process was about an hour long. I was interviewed during my externship and received an offer the next day.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

I went in for an office interview and met with a partner for about an hour. It was a very warm environment and the staff were nice. I thought I would have more interviews but only spoke with the partner. I was asked typical interview questions more than behavioral, which surprised me. Afterwards, I probably asked the partner 8-10 questions but he seemed impressed that I did my research and I was curious about the firm's culture.

Got the call later that day that I got the position.

Interview Questions

• Strengths/Weaknesses
      What is your ideal job?
      Questions regarding my resume and how I went into accounting

Answer Question

Pathways Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Cedar Rapids, IA) in March 2015.

Interview

I emailed my resume to an HR after hearing about the program via my college. I heard back in two days and we set up a time for a phone interview. I was accepted within a week.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you? What is your ultimate goal? Tell me about your least favorite supervisor.   1 Answer

Pathways Externship Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (New Haven, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

A professor e-mailed all accounting majors with specifications for applying. I sent my resume and cover letter, which were passed on to a McGladrey recruiter. Within 4 weeks, I had an interview at the nearest McGladrey office. The interview was more of a conversation. No traditional behavioral questions were asked. I'd recommend having losts of questions or the conversation may trail off. Also, make sure to be informed about the company.