McGladrey LLP

Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took a dayinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2011.

The interview was very informal. The interviewer asked if I preferred to work with non-public companies or public companies. No behavioral questions whatsoever.

Assurance Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in March 2012.

Applies online and through campus career website, but what helped the most was giving them my resume at career fair. Process consisted of 45 minute interview at university- I was asked a lot about my resume, but most important part of the interview are the questions that I asked. I was notified the next week I had been accepted for the 2nd round Office Interviews. Office Interview consisted of 2- 45 minute 1 on 1 interviews with a partner and a director. They asked me very general questions about myself/resume, team work experience, "Why M&P?", "Why not big4?". Their questions lasted 5-10 mins. The rest of the time was for me to ask questions. The questions you ask are the most important part of the interview.

Interview Questions
    I'm not sure if I could have negotiated (if I could have it was not clear), but I did not.

Intern Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2011.

I really did not feel I had the opportunity to get to know the interviewer. I felt like the interviewer was the drill sergeant and I was a cadet. I was asked questions about how I could audit someone when I did not balance my checkbook and high level "what can you do for us" type questions. By the end of the interview, I was hesitant to ask anything personal for the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • How can you audit someone when you don't balance your own checkbook?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in June 2007.

I was contacted by a regional human resource manager. She reviewed all of my educational background and then conducted a phone interview. At the conclusion she stated she would call back in a week to determine if I would receive an in person interview. I went to the office and met with 4 management level employees for half of a day. I was then instructed that I received an offer and had 2 weeks to make my decision.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in September 2009.

University Posting, University Interview, Office Interview, Offer

Interview Questions
    Nothing. There were 50 people applying for every position.

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in February 2010.

The interview consisted of two parts. The first day was more of a social event, all the interviewees meet at a resturant with some partners, managers, seniors , and associates. It was a way for them to get to know us in an informal setting. If you get to do this TALK TO AS MANY Peolple possible, they want to see if they like your personality , if you will fit in with the company. The 2nd day was the actual interviews. Started very early , consisted of 4 interviews , 45 mins each all one after another. Be prepared for this, by the last interview your going to be exausted. But after all the interviews are done everyone hasnlunch together, this is another good time to show your personality

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeBary, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeBary, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in December 2010.

I first had a phone interview, then a 1:1 interview, then came back three weeks later for a 3:1 interview. Phone interview went over resume, 1:1 interview was over the specifics of the job and resume again. 3:1 interview was behavioral questions and resume again.

Some questions asked were illegal and not appropriate, but I answered them anyway.

McGladrey Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in February 2012.

I was interviewed at school. Then I had a second round of interviews at the office. They took us to lunch with some of the associated so they could describe how they liked the job. I was then interviewed by a partner.

Set price

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2013.

I was not hired for what I applied for, but I record excellent detail that I'm willing to share. A McGladrey interview will almost be 80% based on your personality, a few behavioral questions, and lots of "tell me about yourself" stuff. They're definitely just getting to know you as a person. Your qualifications to do the job is the main reason the interview is provided--they know that you can do the job, because they'll most likely put you to a formal training program anyway.

It's as described by many: Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner, by some employees of the firm, to help ease your nerves. Whether or not they have any power in your hiring, that's unknown. Better be nice to everyone. We had a nice relaxing lunch with all the other candidates. Learn a little bit about the firm, the benefits, all that jazz. After lunch, the candidates went their separate ways to meet their respective interviewers. They'll each tell you a little bit about themselves before they get to the real deal.

For me, I had an Audit Partner interview me. Nope. I can feel I sucked. Why? He did not seem very pleased to even be doing interviews, which was an immediate sign that I was not going do well, or have a fair chance. He was interviewing my INTEREST in the position by asking if I have any questions about the job; I had a few, but not enough to last 10-15 minutes conversation. But being that I've always dreamed about being a part of McGladrey and for my dream career choice, what didn't I already know? This was my fault; should've prepared better. It's not an interview about how much you want the position & company, it's about showing the ambition you want for yourself in YOUR career. He had NOTHING scripted, and it was all spur of the moment questions...well, in my case, expecting me to have questions for him.

Interview #2 was with a junior HR person. It was more formal, with the questions I've prepared for in personality questions and a few behavioral. Definitely felt I aced it. But again, I think most of the hiring powers come from Partners. If not, you probably need the approval of both. I already knew I was a lost cause, and accepted defeat after all this.

Below, I share with you some questions in exact form:

Interview Questions
    • 1) Tell me about yourself
      2) Why do you want to work with McGladrey?
      3) Why did you not apply for the Big 4?
      4) Why public and not private?
      5) Why do you like Audit? (or whatever your position is)
      6) Tell me about a time you made a mistake, and how you dealt with this?
      7) Run me down with your resume
      8) Do you have any teamwork/leadership skills?

**Have some questions ABOUT the position you're applying for, even if you know most of it already, to show interest. Be ready to wing random moments of conversation**
        View Answer

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2013.

There was a preliminary interview and if you did well you would move on to a second stream of interviews. I had three interviews with two partners and a manager over the course of four hours. It's exhausting, but the key is to be open and honest as well as comfortable meeting new people and being under pressure. The questions were more personal than work related in some cases.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you about your extra-curricular involvement and will point out any flaws they see on your transcript, so be ready to answer andy school related questions.   Answer Question