McGladrey LLP Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.8

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview was very informal. The interviewer asked if I preferred to work with non-public companies or public companies. No behavioral questions whatsoever.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Two Month interview process - THREE separate phone interviews (2 thirty minute interviews and a 1 hour long) and THREE separate in person interviews (1 hour long group interview with partners, 1 hour long interview with marketing leaders and 1 thirty minutes with another partner). Lots of scheduling with the recruiting assistant and the recruiter. Process was arduous. It was very difficult impressing so many people (questions, answers, traveling etc), remembering so many names, having so many emails and so many days to interview while still employed. They created a company log in where I had to submit all my work experience. I was locked out of the account a few times and had to have my password reset by IT. A Checkster account was also created so that I could email all my references through that platform. I had to call out of work many times to take the phone and in person interviews. A week after submitting a background check and reference check I was told another candidate was stronger and the offer was extended to them. Although everyone I spoke with (partners, recruiters, directors etc.) were very professional, I wish respect for my time was considered earlier on.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • what would be your biggest learning obstacle if the offer was extended to you   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Intensive interview process. Was pleased to make it through the process. Didn't get a job offer (yet) but can honestly say they have an in-depth approach as apposed to glancing through resumes.

Risk Management Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2013.

Interview

The process was spread over 4 successive screening / interviews: HR phone screening, On site one to one interview with practice Partner and Director, and Interview with the team (supervisor, senior consultant and consultant)

Interview Questions

• Functional: How can you hep us to develop the business with mid size financial institutions Technical: What are the main characteristics of the BSA / Patriot Act   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Duluth, MN) in October 2013.

Interview

There was a preliminary interview and if you did well you would move on to a second stream of interviews. I had three interviews with two partners and a manager over the course of four hours. It's exhausting, but the key is to be open and honest as well as comfortable meeting new people and being under pressure. The questions were more personal than work related in some cases.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you about your extra-curricular involvement and will point out any flaws they see on your transcript, so be ready to answer andy school related questions.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Services Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Applied through University job site, got an email about a social at a nearby restaurant to meet the firm (but was not required), scheduled an interview time through university job site, had one interview with HR employer from Cedar Rapids, IA. It took over a month to hear back from them even with a thank you email and another email asking about an estimate on when I would hear back (with no reply)

Interview Questions

• Take me through a time when you had someone working for you that did not deliver on a deadline?; Many questions were previously listed in Glassdoor   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview consisted of two parts. The first day was more of a social event, all the interviewees meet at a resturant with some partners, managers, seniors , and associates. It was a way for them to get to know us in an informal setting. If you get to do this TALK TO AS MANY Peolple possible, they want to see if they like your personality , if you will fit in with the company. The 2nd day was the actual interviews. Started very early , consisted of 4 interviews , 45 mins each all one after another. Be prepared for this, by the last interview your going to be exausted. But after all the interviews are done everyone hasnlunch together, this is another good time to show your personality

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses ?   2 Answers

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeBary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (DeBary, FL) in December 2010.

Interview

I first had a phone interview, then a 1:1 interview, then came back three weeks later for a 3:1 interview. Phone interview went over resume, 1:1 interview was over the specifics of the job and resume again. 3:1 interview was behavioral questions and resume again. Some questions asked were illegal and not appropriate, but I answered them anyway.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2011.

Interview

I really did not feel I had the opportunity to get to know the interviewer. I felt like the interviewer was the drill sergeant and I was a cadet. I was asked questions about how I could audit someone when I did not balance my checkbook and high level "what can you do for us" type questions. By the end of the interview, I was hesitant to ask anything personal for the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• How can you audit someone when you don't balance your own checkbook?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

I was not hired for what I applied for, but I record excellent detail that I'm willing to share. A McGladrey interview will almost be 80% based on your personality, a few behavioral questions, and lots of "tell me about yourself" stuff. They're definitely just getting to know you as a person. Your qualifications to do the job is the main reason the interview is provided--they know that you can do the job, because they'll most likely put you to a formal training program anyway. It's as described by many: Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner, by some employees of the firm, to help ease your nerves. Whether or not they have any power in your hiring, that's unknown. Better be nice to everyone. We had a nice relaxing lunch with all the other candidates. Learn a little bit about the firm, the benefits, all that jazz. After lunch, the candidates went their separate ways to meet their respective interviewers. They'll each tell you a little bit about themselves before they get to the real deal. For me, I had an Audit Partner interview me. Nope. I can feel I sucked. Why? He did not seem very pleased to even be doing interviews, which was an immediate sign that I was not going do well, or have a fair chance. He was interviewing my INTEREST in the position by asking if I have any questions about the job; I had a few, but not enough to last 10-15 minutes conversation. But being that I've always dreamed about being a part of McGladrey and for my dream career choice, what didn't I already know? This was my fault; should've prepared better. It's not an interview about how much you want the position & company, it's about showing the ambition you want for yourself in YOUR career. He had NOTHING scripted, and it was all spur of the moment questions...well, in my case, expecting me to have questions for him. Interview #2 was with a junior HR person. It was more formal, with the questions I've prepared for in personality questions and a few behavioral. Definitely felt I aced it. But again, I think most of the hiring powers come from Partners. If not, you probably need the approval of both. I already knew I was a lost cause, and accepted defeat after all this. Below, I share with you some questions in exact form:

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me about yourself 2) Why do you want to work with McGladrey? 3) Why did you not apply for the Big 4? 4) Why public and not private? 5) Why do you like Audit? (or whatever your position is) 6) Tell me about a time you made a mistake, and how you dealt with this? 7) Run me down with your resume 8) Do you have any teamwork/leadership skills? **Have some questions ABOUT the position you're applying for, even if you know most of it already, to show interest. Be ready to wing random moments of conversation**   1 Answer