McGladrey LLP

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.6

Winter Internship Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

I attended the pathways summer program. the final day was broken down into 2 thirty minute one on one interviews with managers from your preferred line of practice. The first interview was a very easy going conversational style get to know you talk. No technical questions were asked in either interview. The second was slightly more difficult because this manager was in charge of the specific line of practice you were interested in and was looking for a slightly more precise and perhaps technical answer as to why you preferred one division over the other.

Interview Questions
    • none. more or less "tell me about yourself/background and how you got into accounting" and shoot from there.   View Answer

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

I had two interviews, one with a manager one with a partner. All companies are about the same, the interview only took a few hours with a tour, 2 interviews, and lunch. Big 4 interviews are like 2 days of meet and greet, activities, etc. This was short.

Interview Questions
    Absolutely no room to negotiate, you either take it or get lost.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

The interview process was pretty laid back. Most of the interviewers were only trying to get to know me better, and they hardly asked me any questions. I talked to three different interviewers, and the interview took a total of two hours.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you were a leader. Describe a situation where there was conflict and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

interview with partner
    interview at the office with 5 senior/supervisor/manager/partner

no negotiation

Audit Associate Interview

Recruited through career fair on campus. Second interview in 2 years. First interview in 2011 for an internship, second interview in 2012 for a full time position. Both times the interviewer who was a partner told me he was referring me for a second interview. Never got a second interview or even an email stating that I was declined. Very unprofessional company.

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

There are two round Interviews. They also have recruiting events at selected universities.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2012.

The interview process was surprisingly fun. I really liked that McGladrey was a big firm, but was still small enough where everyone actually knew each other.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was actually pretty low key, we mainly talked about the NHL lockout and what to expect in public accounting.   Answer Question

Assurance Intern Interview

1st round interview on campus
    then 2nd round in the office

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2009.

Job interview over the phone following successful internship in the different location. Phone interview was non-technical, basically just concerning inter-communicational skills, personality and career aspiration. Pleasant. It was conducted by two people: head of the practice areas in that location and second person in command in the same practice area.

I did not negotiate.

Associate, Risk Management Interview

Very few behavioral and no technical questions at all. Basically conversational on getting to know how you speak and present yourself. They judge your technical skills entirely from your resume and education.