McGladrey LLP

Average Difficulty
189 candidate interviews

Winter Internship Interview

Winter Internship

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details – I attended the pathways summer program. the final day was broken down into 2 thirty minute one on one interviews with managers from your preferred line of practice. The first interview was a very easy going conversational style get to know you talk. No technical questions were asked in either interview. The second was slightly more difficult because this manager was in charge of the specific line of practice you were interested in and was looking for a slightly more precise and perhaps technical answer as to why you preferred one division over the other.

Interview Question – none. more or less "tell me about yourself/background and how you got into accounting" and shoot from there.   View Answer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details – I had two interviews, one with a manager one with a partner. All companies are about the same, the interview only took a few hours with a tour, 2 interviews, and lunch. Big 4 interviews are like 2 days of meet and greet, activities, etc. This was short.

Interview Question – Why do you like this more than a Big 4?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Absolutely no room to negotiate, you either take it or get lost.

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate

I applied online and interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty laid back. Most of the interviewers were only trying to get to know me better, and they hardly asked me any questions. I talked to three different interviewers, and the interview took a total of two hours.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you were a leader. Describe a situation where there was conflict and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details – interview with partner
interview at the office with 5 senior/supervisor/manager/partner

Interview Question – why do you want to work at this office   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Interviewed at McGladrey LLP

Interview Details – Recruited through career fair on campus. Second interview in 2 years. First interview in 2011 for an internship, second interview in 2012 for a full time position. Both times the interviewer who was a partner told me he was referring me for a second interview. Never got a second interview or even an email stating that I was declined. Very unprofessional company.

Interview Question – How do you organize your busy schedule?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship

I applied through college or university and interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details – There are two round Interviews. They also have recruiting events at selected universities.

Interview Question – What do you hope McGladrey can offer you.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Denver, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was surprisingly fun. I really liked that McGladrey was a big firm, but was still small enough where everyone actually knew each other.

Interview Question – The interview was actually pretty low key, we mainly talked about the NHL lockout and what to expect in public accounting.   Answer Question

Assurance Intern Interview

Assurance Intern

Interview Details – 1st round interview on campus
then 2nd round in the office

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2009.

Interview Details – Job interview over the phone following successful internship in the different location. Phone interview was non-technical, basically just concerning inter-communicational skills, personality and career aspiration. Pleasant. It was conducted by two people: head of the practice areas in that location and second person in command in the same practice area.

Interview Question – There were not any unexpected or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Associate, Risk Management Interview

Associate, Risk Management

Interviewed at McGladrey LLP

Interview Details – Very few behavioral and no technical questions at all. Basically conversational on getting to know how you speak and present yourself. They judge your technical skills entirely from your resume and education.

Worked for McGladrey LLP? Contribute to the Community!