McGladrey LLP

186 candidate interviews

Consultant Interview

Consultant

Interviewed at McGladrey LLP

Interview Details – They have definite age restrictions. They like younger people to train and help with their process.
They have quite a big turnover and have many international spots. They are flexible with the work schedule and easy to work for regarding time.

Interview Question – there were no suprises. I do not remember the process it has been to long.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They approached me to work many years ago. There was not an personal interview process.They were very friendly on the phone interview. The FDIC needed me to help on a project.

Sumemr Tax Interview

Sumemr Tax

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details – Applied to the Pathways Leadership program on campus and was invited to participate in the program after a 30 minute on-campus interview. I had met the recruiter before so the interview went well. I participated in the two day program, and following the conclusion of the program I interviewed with one of the partners of the tax practice. Two days later I received an offer to join the company next summer in the tax department. I had a very positive experience with the company and I am looking forward to joining the company next summer.

Interview Question – Have you applied to or considered working for the Big 4?   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Audit

Interviewed at McGladrey LLP

Interview Details – 2 interviews, one on campus and one at the main office. both interviews were conversational in nature. there was a pre-interview dinner before the first round. i felt like the interviews were just tests to see if you would fit with the company.

Interview Question – not difficult, but crucial question: why are you interested in mcgladrey? your answer to this question is pretty much all they need to know.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Assurance Interview

Assurance
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in January 2010.

Interview Details – Recruited on college campus. Second round interview was in Chicago. In Chicago, I interviewed with two different partners in the firm. I heard back from the human resources department within a week.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Experienced Audit Associate Interview

Experienced Audit Associate
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through website,, contacted a former classmate who was a supervisor and he gave a good recommendation. Did phone interview and went in for a face to face with 2 partners. No real hard questions, offered the job almost immediately.

Negotiation Details – I countered the first offer and they increased it.

Very Easy Interview

Pathways Leadership Program Interview

Pathways Leadership Program
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details – I was invited to the program after meeting with one of the tax directors at a school function. Making sure you follow up with firm representatives is crucial in the recruiting process. Every step must be measured, but if you send the follow up emails and know how to network the process will be much easier for you.

Interview Question – My conversation with the recruiter was very conversational and no behavioral questions. The hardest question was explaining my part of my undergraduate GPA (2 years wasn't so hot), but she was very understanding.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
New Haven, CT

I applied online and interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details – The HR department called weeks after applying online. They wanted transcripts prior to the interview. First interview went great. The representative was friendly and easy to talk to. I received a call back but at the second interview a different representative asked a lot of tax specific questions when it was an entry level position

Interview Question – Multiple questions on corporate tax.   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Assurance Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details – I applied using university career service and got a school interview. My interviewer was a audit director, very humble and soft spoken person. He was really cordial and made me very comfortable. The first question he asked me is to tell about me and what i like and do thats not in the resume.

Interview Question – no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Pathways Summer Leadership Program Interview

Pathways Summer Leadership Program

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2014.

Interview Details – I got referred through a current employee and had a phone interview with the recruiter. We set a time before hand that worked best for both of us and the recruiter called me during that time. The interview was very casual, basically the recruiter wanted to know which way I was headed in accounting. If I was thinking about doing tex or auditing etc.

Interview Question – Why public or private accounting?   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Tax Intern
Duluth, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2013.

Interview Details – There was a preliminary interview and if you did well you would move on to a second stream of interviews. I had three interviews with two partners and a manager over the course of four hours. It's exhausting, but the key is to be open and honest as well as comfortable meeting new people and being under pressure. The questions were more personal than work related in some cases.

Interview Question – They will ask you about your extra-curricular involvement and will point out any flaws they see on your transcript, so be ready to answer andy school related questions.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at McGladrey LLP

Worked for McGladrey LLP? Contribute to the Community!

McGladrey LLP Videos

McGladrey LLP – Why Work for Us?

McGladrey LLP is the largest U.S. provider of assurance, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market, with nearly 6,700 people in more than 75 cities nationwide. McGladrey is a licensed CPA firm. It is the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McGladrey LLP interview questions and advice. All 186 interview reviews posted anonymously by McGladrey LLP employees and interview candidates.