McGladrey LLP Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.8

Tax Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter on LinkedIn who said the company was "highly interested in my experience and background". We scheduled the initial screening phone call by email within a few days. After the initial screening call I was told that my experience was in an area they weren't hiring for at the time. Go Fish?

Interview Questions

• Did I receive a bonus or raise.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Duluth, MN) in October 2013.

Interview

Recruiters are regularly are campus and eager to meet all the accounting students. They were very friendly to me, and the interviews seemed more like conversations. There were social nights to meet everyone, followed by an on-campus interview, then by two more interviews on the same day a week or two later. The second round interviews had one large group of interviewers and interviewees that rotated between each other.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Two Month interview process - THREE separate phone interviews (2 thirty minute interviews and a 1 hour long) and THREE separate in person interviews (1 hour long group interview with partners, 1 hour long interview with marketing leaders and 1 thirty minutes with another partner). Lots of scheduling with the recruiting assistant and the recruiter. Process was arduous. It was very difficult impressing so many people (questions, answers, traveling etc), remembering so many names, having so many emails and so many days to interview while still employed. They created a company log in where I had to submit all my work experience. I was locked out of the account a few times and had to have my password reset by IT. A Checkster account was also created so that I could email all my references through that platform. I had to call out of work many times to take the phone and in person interviews. A week after submitting a background check and reference check I was told another candidate was stronger and the offer was extended to them. Although everyone I spoke with (partners, recruiters, directors etc.) were very professional, I wish respect for my time was considered earlier on.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • what would be your biggest learning obstacle if the offer was extended to you   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Denver, CO).

Interview

Flew out to Denver for a day, did full day interviews. Asked a lot of detailed questions based on your resume and experiences. I met with 2 head managers and then had lunch with 2 employees I would be working with on a daily basis. I felt like I didn't have enough time to speak with everyone because I was so rushed to make sure I would make my flight later. That is likely the reason I didn't get an offer.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was referred to the job by a professor so that expedited the interview process. An interview was set up within a week. I was interviewed by 3 people, and they were very casual interviews. A lunch with the team followed that. Overall, it was a great experience. I was disappointed when I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself - not your elevator speech, but just about yourself.   Answer Question

Risk Management Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2013.

Interview

The process was spread over 4 successive screening / interviews: HR phone screening, On site one to one interview with practice Partner and Director, and Interview with the team (supervisor, senior consultant and consultant)

Interview Questions

• Functional: How can you hep us to develop the business with mid size financial institutions Technical: What are the main characteristics of the BSA / Patriot Act   Answer Question

Learning Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

I began with a phone interview. Very straightforward - was asked about my experience, why I wanted to leave my current job, and was asked a few situational/behavioral questions ("What is your least favorite thing about your current job?" "What is your favorite thing about your current job?" "What role have you filled in a team you've been on?", "tell me about a time you worked on a project without direct supervision," etc.) Heard back the next week and scheduled an in-person interview for later that week. Was not told approximately how long the interview would be, which I would have appreciated, as the interview ended up taking 3 hours of my work day. I first met with a manager via video conference, followed by an in-person interview with a director, followed by coffee with two members of the team. My interviews were very relaxed and conversational. The manager chose not to ask me scripted questions, but rather talked a lot about herself, the team, and the department, and allowed me open-ended time to discuss my work experience and skills in light of what she had shared. My interview with the director was identical, if not even less focused towards my experience and skills; she told me they were confident I was qualified for the position, but that they were primarily concerned about finding the right "team fit." Coffee with the two team members afterwards, which was not supposed to be an interview but rather an "off-the-record" time for me to ask questions, actually felt most like an interview out of the whole process. I was told I would be contacted early the next week, but was not contacted until the week after that. All in all, the process was very relaxed, and I appreciated getting to know about the members of the team, but I also felt it was lacking in substance. For being told that they were looking for best team fit, I would have liked the opportunity to discuss how I function on a team and what I've offered to a team, and I expected that they would have contacted my references. They did none of these things. In fact, they spent a substantial amount of time talking about themselves, and I left with the impression that they were just going through the motions. The team members I went to coffee with asked me more questions than I was asked in the interview, which seemed a bit flip-flopped. All of this left me feeling a bit frustrated and like my time was not respected.

Interview Questions

• Very open-ended questions - "Tell me about yourself, your goals, etc."   Answer Question

Director Risk Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (McLean, VA) in January 2013.

Interview

The actual interview process was ok, met with various Partners and Directors. However, the follow-up was horrible. There was no straight up response and try to low-ball me on the position/title. They mentioned they were going to move forward with an offer but after a month, never heard from them. Very unprofessional and it was a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions like what was your experience, and what do you bring to the table.   1 Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

First had a phone interview to set up the interview and then met with a senior and partner in the office. At the office I got a tour at first and then went in for the interview. I was told I would receive a call back quickly.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle a group situation that didn't go according to plan?   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume through my school website. I received an email about a month later asking to come to interview. I met with three professionals. Each professional take about 30-40 minutes. They didn't ask any difficult questions. Prepare to ask plenty of questions. They briefly describe what I will be doing for this position. They replied me after two weeks of interview date.

Interview Questions

• General Interview Questions: -Tell me about yourself (Not on resume) - Why do you choose accounting? - Why do you choose audit over tax?   Answer Question