McGladrey LLP Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2015

2.5

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Tacoma, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn then through McGladrey's website. I was an out-of-state applicant so it took very long to get to the interview process. About two months after applying, I received an email from their recruiter. She called me for a interview screening-things went well during this phone screen. About two weeks later, I was set up on a Skype interview with the Partner/Directors. I guess that went well because they gave me an offer less than a week later. The process was quick after the two months of screening my resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe a tax difficulty you had with a client and how did you solve the problem.   Answer Question

Senior Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Atlanta, GA) in February 2013.

Interview

wonderful experience in my office. Very supportive group with good exposure. there is a clear career path and get folks in place to guide you along the way. There are really no smoking mirrors so it is refreshing to know that i have a path to follow and i don't have to turn over rocks to discover the channels to exceed.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

I met with 3 people. HR, and two directors. It was very basic...tell me about your academic work and any previous jobs. Some behavioral questions...i.e name 3 pros and cons about yourself.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Stamford, CT) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was really easy there were no questions that were significantly hard. They mainly asked me to walk them through my resume and previous work I had done. They focused a lot on the community service aspect of my resume.

TRAS - IT Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

McGladrey Talent Executives continuously interview candidates for open positions. More often than not these positions are posted in preparation for an upcoming engagement sale. They are very slow in execution of the interview process until a staffing need has been established via a sold engagement. Once a need has been established they will hire whomever is in front of them. If you would like to work at McGladrey befriend your Talent Executive, if he or she is impressed by you - he or she will put you in front of the appropriate person, tell you what you need to know, and hand hold you through the process.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working independently without much supervision or guidance?   1 Answer
    • Have you worked with middle-market clients in the past?   1 Answer
    • As a new Manager coming from the Big Four, are you comfortable working 100% of the time with privately held clients in the internal audit role?   1 Answer
    • I haven't had a chance to look at your resume. Can you please walk me through your accomplishments?   1 Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online I heard back about a month or two later. I had a phone interview with the recruiter to see if I was still interested. About 2 weeks after the phone interview I went to Atlanta for an office interview on April 30th 2015. I interviewed with 4 people then went to lunch with the staff. The interview and lunch felt comfortable and natural. I got the job offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Talked about my resume, my personality, and why I wanted to work there.   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

If you interviewed at McGladrey then you must've interviewed at the big 4, and the other 8 large accounting firms. They're all the same, asking about your resume first and your elevator pitch, followed by 2-3 behavioral questions and some fit questions. There's 2 rounds, the first at your university, the second at the firm itself.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me a time when you were in a difficult position, and how did you resolve the situation   Answer Question

Pathways Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

After career fair, when in and interview for the 3 day leadership program. Submitted resume and was contacted 3 days later by the Talent recruiter. Was told to come back to the school for a one on one interview process. Lasted only half and hour and was more a description of the program that an actual interview. Was asked very few questions.

Interview Questions

• Why McGladrey? Why Public accounting? What are you hoping to gain from this experience?   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2013.

Interview

Lasted about 2 weeks. I applied through campus recruiting and interviewed on campus with a partner. Easy interview we talked about travel. Office visit included 3 interviews - 1 partner, 2 managers. Partner told me that most staff leave within a year or two because that's the business structure...there are a lot less senior roles than staff roles. No technical questions. A lot of emphasis on teamwork.

Senior Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Very informative and relatively less technical than expected. The interviewers involved upper level management that included the partner in charge of the group, two senior managers, and one manager from a different group that the group worked closely with. The manager from another group provided a nice break up in the interviewing process and was a pleasant surprise.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in this group?   1 Answer