McGladrey LLP Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Schaumburg, IL) in September 2007.

Interview

The hiring process was very simple. The recruiter that came to my university was also a college friend. He was able to turn my resume in. After that, their human resource department contacted me with a list of times to come up to Schaumburg and I was able to select a time that worked with my college schedule. Once I was there for my interview, everyone was very relaxed and were not intimidating at all. Once in the interview I could immediately tell the work culture was exactly what I pictured myself working in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There were no reasons to negotiate. Salary level and bonus exceeded my expectations and other offers I received from other companies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY) in November 2007.

Interview

I first had a brief phone interview because RSM didn't recruit at my college.

When I came to the in-person interview they had a group of 10 'interviewees' and we had an open discussion for several minutes with the head of the NY office. After that we had 2 one-on-one interviews with different partners where they asked us the basic questions like - 'tell me about yourself', and 'why did you choose accounting'. After that we regrouped and went to lunch with everyone. I received a phone call later that day with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was a standard offer given to everyone with no room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Des Moines, IA) in June 2007.

Interview

I was contacted by a regional human resource manager. She reviewed all of my educational background and then conducted a phone interview. At the conclusion she stated she would call back in a week to determine if I would receive an in person interview. I went to the office and met with 4 management level employees for half of a day. I was then instructed that I received an offer and had 2 weeks to make my decision.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2008.

Interview

Applied through their online system. HR missed the boat on contacting me, but seemed like an accident. Eventually setup an interview, which was a process of 3 1-on-1's. Everyone was very friendly, got a decent look at the work environment in the office. Was not able to 1-on-1 with one of the employees, and did a phone interview instead afterwords. Seemed like a good place to work, everyone said good things about the work-life balance there as well.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your attitude towards testing, unit testing, etc?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

Tell me about yourself.
    Why public accounting?
    What's your biggest accomplishment?

Very friendly staff, inclusive culture!!!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in September 2008.

Interview

Set up interview through formal internship program with college; initial interview was at the college with the human resources supervisor. Lasted about an hour; she couldn't answer a lot of the job-specific questions since she was HR. Went to an office for a 2nd interview with the managing partner and several staff members at various levels.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in September 2009.

Interview

University Posting, University Interview, Office Interview, Offer

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for this position.   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to do what it takes?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing. There were 50 people applying for every position.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in January 2008.

Interview

It went very well , they come and get from school then you get a second interview, which will be in the new york office, where you interview with three other people at top level then they give a tour and free lunch

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Orlando, FL) in December 2009.

Interview

I was interviewing right out of college. There was one campus interview, one social event, a pre-office visit dinner, and an office visit. Their interview process was much longer than any of the other firms. Our first interview was in October and office visits didn't begin until the middle of November.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were the typical. They wanted to know about things on my resume, what type of experience I've had, where I want to go, what type of work I enjoy, how i handle conflict, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had already accepted another offer, so I declined upon receipt. There was no negotiation phase.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2009.

Interview

Met HR representative at a career fair and dropped resume. Received a call back for an on-campus interview. Received an invitation to the office and had 2 individual interviews with a Manager and a Director. Mostly fit questions.