McGladrey LLP

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.6

Consulting Interview

I met the company at career fair and got invited to the on-campus interviews. Everyone I met from McGladrey was very welcoming and not intimidating, which made it easy to communicate and be yourself around them. I got to meet my interviewer the night before at a social event. The on-campus interview included a case study (they just want to see the way you think) and mostly behavioral questions. After the on-campus interviews, I got invited to a pre-interview reception and the in-office interview. Most behavioral questions and conversational interview to get to know you.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no difficult questions. Basically just be yourself and show how you would be a great fit to the company. Show that you have a great personality and that you are interested in learning and growing professionally.   Answer Question

Full Time Interview

Was given a Tour around the office after meeting with your assigned buddy. This was follwoed by two short interviews. After the interviews you will go back to the room with all the other interviewers and learn more about the form. Maybe a partner will come in and tell you about his/her experience. They then took us to lunch where we were able to further learn about other employees.

Technology Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

I connected with McGladrey at my University career fair. I did an on campus interview with a full time employee who was not affiliated with HR. The interview was very conversational with behavioral based questions. On a scale of 1 to 5 rank a certain quality.

Interview Questions
    • The ranking system took my back but it is just a reworded way of asking your strengths and weaknesses.n   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

On campus interview for their office in NY. They have a no stress interview which means they don't ask you questions. So unless you have a really awesome partner you can gel with the interview can get really awkward. My best advice is just to let them do all the talking.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

A pre-interview social the day before the interview. Mainly just talking to the tax manager and taz director about just anything in general. It was just a social event to see if you were able to carry on conversations. The next day was the on campus interview with the Tax director for 30 minutes. The HR and a greeter will be there to talk to you before the interview. The interview was really conversational with not a single behavioral question. It made me question how they really evaluate you as a candidate. They basically just hire the person they like I guess. The interview was enjoyable and the interview ended up went 20 minutes over time because I was the last one to be interviewed. I did not get a invitation to the second round interview and I have no idea what I did wrong.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Mcgladrey?
      Why Tax?
      Are you going to be in the area?

View Answer

Tax Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

I was called within a few days of submitting my resume for an in-office interview. I met with a manager for an interview that lasted over an hour. It was very casual and we mostly talked about my schooling and current job and my attitude towards public accounting. I received a call two days later with an offer with a week to accept. They had a partner follow up to see if I had any questions.

Interview Questions
    Unwilling to negotiate for an internship.

Tax Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2014.

There was only one interview. So, I met with the Tax Manager and we had a conversation type interview. It was really relaxed, and I think they were seeing if I could just sit down and have a conversation. There were some questions, but they were all very basic and expected.

Assurance Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2014.

Applied on McGladrey website after seeing the position posted on my alma mater's career website. Normally would have been an on-campus interview however I graduated over a year ago so I followed up via phone with HR/Recruiter in order to get noticed because anyone more than one semester removed is not allowed to apply for campus interviews. HR was nice - told me to email my resume and transcripts and that she would forward them to hiring managers. Was contacted about a month later on a Thursday and asked to come in for an office interview the following Monday. The interview process involved 4 consecutive 30 minute interviews with partners and managers. Very conversational interviews for the most part. A couple of them asked standard questions such as "tell me about a time you worked on a group project and what the positives and negatives were" and "describe a time when you went above and beyond expectations." One of the partners talked the entire time about his knowledge of the profession and stated that he did not even look at my resume. I think that this is a firm where it really depends on who you get for your interviewer. Not the cut and dry interview procedure that some larger firms do. My guess is that they just want to know that you can communicate and are a good fit personality-wise. After several interviews, my best advice is to be yourself because that is how you will find the best fit. Know the company and ask solid questions about the profession and company culture. Display a willingness to adapt and learn.

Interview Questions
    • "Talk about a time where you had a different view than a co worker on something in the work place and how you dealt with it"   Answer Question

Tax Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2014.

Interviews were all very casual. Two directors and one partner. Each interviewer was laid back and just wanted me to "tell a little bit about myself." I really think they were just looking for someone who could carry a conversation without sounding like an idiot. There was nothing intimidating about the process at all.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Tell me about yourself? Why do you want tax?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2014.

First interview process, Campus interview through college.
    Basic questions, they want to know if you fit in the company's culture. What are you basic skills and how do you react.
    I was called for second interview with a week, the second interview is in one of their offices.
    They called the super day. Two interviews, office tour and lunch.