McGladrey LLP Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.6

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in March 2015.

Interview

Met at career fair, got interview a few weeks later for on campus. Very conversational interview, no behavioral questions. why mcgladrey, why audit, public vs private. Know mcgladrey and why you want to work there. understand your resume, be conversational and make sure to seem interested. beyond that, not much else is needed in the interview.

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process went really smoothly. I met with one of the partners, a director, and a manager. My entire vist lasted about 4 hours. I wasn't asked any hypothetical questions related questions. The interviewers made general conversation about the company and the type of work and the conversation flowed from there. I asked quesitons based on the industry as well as questions based on the comments that the interviewers made. Each interviewer conversed with me for about an hour or so.

Interview Questions

• I was multiple times if I had any questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was made an offer. I did not attempt to negotiate the offer as I thought it was fair offer. I suppose I could have tried to negotiate.

Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward and consisted of an on campus interview followed by an office visit. Both rounds of interviews were very conversational and the people that I spoke with were very engaging and easy to have a conversation with. The questions that I was asked were mostly personality based and centered around determining if there was a good fit between myself and the firm.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with an accounting firm rather than a law firm?   1 Answer

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume through my school website. I received an email about a month later asking to come to interview. I met with three professionals. Each professional take about 30-40 minutes. They didn't ask any difficult questions. Prepare to ask plenty of questions. They briefly describe what I will be doing for this position. They replied me after two weeks of interview date.

Interview Questions

• General Interview Questions:
      -Tell me about yourself (Not on resume)
      - Why do you choose accounting?
      - Why do you choose audit over tax?

Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Met company at my University's career fair, which led to an invite to an on-campus interview. Everything was very straightforward. The recruiter was very nice and made me feel comfortable throughout. Everybody that I met from the company was very nice! I look forward to my interning with the company as it truly seems to be a great experience.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Interviewed with two Partners and a Director of Development. The primary questions were regarding my sales experience. The firm was certainly looking for more of a salesman than someone with audit expertise.

Summer Leadership Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Tallahassee, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Met at the on campus Career Fair, and was prompted to apply through the school's career center website. Selected for an interview within a week. They held a pre interview social so you could meet your interviewer before the actual interview. Interview lasted 30 minutes and was very laid back.

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Tallahassee, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school's Career website and then they emailed me to set up an interview date and time that they were going to be on campus for.

Interview Questions

• The questions were fairly simple and it was more conversational rather than an actual interview. One thing that I would strongly advise is that make sure you know your resume front and back, and also be ready to talk about ALL of the things that you have listed on your resume.   Answer Question

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Bronx, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I was asked to interview after meeting representatives at my school's career fair. Interview was super relaxed and conversational. Took about 30 min, half of which was the interviewer telling me about himself and the program itself. He gave me time to ask any questions I had, so make sure you have questions prepared. He made jokes and was very nice, so it wasn't intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

• How did you end up at this school and in Accounting? What is your bucket list before graduating? Tell me about yourself...   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Intensive interview process. Was pleased to make it through the process. Didn't get a job offer (yet) but can honestly say they have an in-depth approach as apposed to glancing through resumes.