McGladrey LLP Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.6

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online I heard back about a month or two later. I had a phone interview with the recruiter to see if I was still interested. About 2 weeks after the phone interview I went to Atlanta for an office interview on April 30th 2015. I interviewed with 4 people then went to lunch with the staff. The interview and lunch felt comfortable and natural. I got the job offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Talked about my resume, my personality, and why I wanted to work there.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

First had a phone interview to set up the interview and then met with a senior and partner in the office. At the office I got a tour at first and then went in for the interview. I was told I would receive a call back quickly.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle a group situation that didn't go according to plan?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Very laid back and conversational - Interviewed with 2 partners who were very easy to talk to. The entire interview process was about an hour long. I was interviewed during my externship and received an offer the next day.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

I went in for an office interview and met with a partner for about an hour. It was a very warm environment and the staff were nice. I thought I would have more interviews but only spoke with the partner. I was asked typical interview questions more than behavioral, which surprised me. Afterwards, I probably asked the partner 8-10 questions but he seemed impressed that I did my research and I was curious about the firm's culture. Got the call later that day that I got the position.

Interview Questions

• Strengths/Weaknesses What is your ideal job? Questions regarding my resume and how I went into accounting   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Met company at my University's career fair, which led to an invite to an on-campus interview. Everything was very straightforward. The recruiter was very nice and made me feel comfortable throughout. Everybody that I met from the company was very nice! I look forward to my interning with the company as it truly seems to be a great experience.

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume through my school website. I received an email about a month later asking to come to interview. I met with three professionals. Each professional take about 30-40 minutes. They didn't ask any difficult questions. Prepare to ask plenty of questions. They briefly describe what I will be doing for this position. They replied me after two weeks of interview date.

Interview Questions

• General Interview Questions: -Tell me about yourself (Not on resume) - Why do you choose accounting? - Why do you choose audit over tax?   Answer Question

Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward and consisted of an on campus interview followed by an office visit. Both rounds of interviews were very conversational and the people that I spoke with were very engaging and easy to have a conversation with. The questions that I was asked were mostly personality based and centered around determining if there was a good fit between myself and the firm.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with an accounting firm rather than a law firm?   1 Answer

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process went really smoothly. I met with one of the partners, a director, and a manager. My entire vist lasted about 4 hours. I wasn't asked any hypothetical questions related questions. The interviewers made general conversation about the company and the type of work and the conversation flowed from there. I asked quesitons based on the industry as well as questions based on the comments that the interviewers made. Each interviewer conversed with me for about an hour or so.

Interview Questions

• I was multiple times if I had any questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was made an offer. I did not attempt to negotiate the offer as I thought it was fair offer. I suppose I could have tried to negotiate.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

They interviewed me 3 times, made me come back for a second interview. I interviewed twice with some folks and interviewed with some two different groups. They sounded unsure of their growth and whether they actually had the work for the position they were interviewing me for.

Interview Questions

• What are your 5 year goals, what did you do in your previous positions, what type of clients have you worked on   1 Answer

Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for the Leadership 2-day program though the University career website. The interview process is conversational and was conducted on campus. The interview lasted for about 30 minutes. The questions were about the education, eligibility to sit for the CPA exam upon graduation and career expectations.

Interview Questions

• What is your career expectations? Why did you choose public accounting and audit?   Answer Question