McGladrey LLP Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.6

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

It was through our school career website. It didn't take more than a week. A HR called me and asked several basic questions, such as what is my GPA, where I was academically, and interest... The lady was really nice and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • I had to take an Auditing exam, which was really hard. They require the score needs to be above 90%.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Standard interview process. First round--on campus. Second round--office visit with three interviewers.

It's important to make a good impression at events during the pre-interview stage. Getting to know the firm and the people handling recruiting at career fairs and social events goes a long way towards doing well during more formal interviews. I had already established a good report with my first-round interviewer at prior events, so the actual interview went very smoothly.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Interviews were mainly behavioral.   View Answer

Assurance Associate Interview

I applied through my university and first had a 30 minute interview on-campus with a Partner. Then I was invited to the Company's local office to interview. I had 2 interviews, 30 minutes each, with a Partner and a Manager. The interviews were more conversational. Both individuals I interviewed with were friendly and easy to talk to. I got an offer about two days later.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't asked any really difficult questions. Some I was asked were tell me about yourself, why McGladrey, why assurance, why the middle-market, talk about your previous internship experience.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate, I just accepted the offer that was provided.

Financial Advisor Services Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Applied through University job site, got an email about a social at a nearby restaurant to meet the firm (but was not required), scheduled an interview time through university job site, had one interview with HR employer from Cedar Rapids, IA. It took over a month to hear back from them even with a thank you email and another email asking about an estimate on when I would hear back (with no reply)

Interview Questions
    • Take me through a time when you had someone working for you that did not deliver on a deadline?; Many questions were previously listed in Glassdoor   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

I received an interview through a college recruiting event. Everyone throughout the process was very friendly. The interview lasted around an hour and was mostly informational. They ask me a lot of questions about myself and my career aspirations. Then, I was given a chance to ask questions about their firm. I would recommend being prepared with a number of questions that you might have.

Audit Senior Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Contacted on phone by internal recruiter who found resume.

One formal at office Interview met with:

Supervisor - Financial Services
    Director - Financial Services
    Partner - Financial Services
    Recruiting Coordinator - Financial Services

Taken to lunch.

Interview Questions
    • Take me through a time when you had someone working for you that did not deliver on a deadline?   Answer Question
    None

Senior IT Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Applied for job stand alone through their careers website. Was contacted at first through email, followed by a standard HR phone interview. This was more informative for myself, and a few simple questions of what I am looking for. This was followed by a phone interview with the Director and manager of the open position. Some more information about the position, and began some quick technical talk on certain points in my resume.

A few days later I was contacted to come in for an on-site interview. The interview itself was again very casual and was split into 3 separate portions each with one person. No loops or case questions, and each person did a very good job of selling to me which is always refreshing.

Interview Questions
    • No case questions, not even the standard lines of 'greatest strengths', etc. I was questioned on certain technical points on my resume, but only to the extent of walk me through your experiences with x, y, and z.   Answer Question

Experienced Audit Associate Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

My resume was given through an employee it took about two week till the interview. The interview was about experience at former employer. Constantly stressing my background and other details of the audit process at my current firm.

Didn't negotiate

Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Met a partner at University event and he sent my resume to recruiter. I had a phone interview and then did not hear back. Was contacted a few weeks later by a senior recruiter and set up interview with Consulting team. Met with partner in consulting as well as a director.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, typical interview. Very nice & felt like more of a conversation.   Answer Question

Staff Auditor Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Only went through one interview - they seemed to take candidates who did not do as well in school as the Big 4 liked, which was beneficial. Just because someone is book smart does not mean that they can do their job well.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unusual or difficult questions - typical interview questions only.   Answer Question