McGladrey LLP

188 candidate interviews

McGladrey Interview

McGladrey
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was interviewed at school. Then I had a second round of interviews at the office. They took us to lunch with some of the associated so they could describe how they liked the job. I was then interviewed by a partner.

Interview Question – There were no questions. It was a discussion.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Set price

Spring Tax Intern Interview

Spring Tax Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2011.

Interview Details – First I had an a pre-night dinner event with a few of their employees that graduated from my university. Then I had an interview at school with one person from their firm. I was then contacted to go to their offices in New York and interview there with two other people for the position. I met with two people for a half an hour each, and then we were taken out to lunch by some of the employees. They were all very nice and amiable. I really enjoyed the culture of the place, and the interview process wasn't bad. They basically asked Why McGladrey, what do you know about them, why a mid size firm, and do you know the difference between them and the Big 4, and it was a lot of questions about things on your resume.

Interview Questions

Audit Manager NYC Interview

Audit Manager NYC
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2012.

Interview Details – The interivew process was very organized from the minute the recruiter contact me (she was very friendly and personable, and knew the culture of McGladrey). to the offer extended and the hiring process. Everyone was very professional and very interested in me as a person. I knew from the minute i walked in the door I was not going to be another #.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – it was a good offer did not negotiate anything.

Consulting Summer Intern Interview

Consulting Summer Intern
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2012.

Interview Details – First there was a phone interview with a local recruiter who gave me a description of the company, a description of the position, and a little information about what was on my resume. Next I was called into the Charlotte office. I had a 45 min interview with one supervisor who asked me questions about my resume, why I wanted to intern at McGladrey, advantages of not working at a big 4 firm, etc. The 2nd interview was also with another supervisor who asked similar questions but also had me explain how what I learned in school would help me as a consulting intern. It was also 45 min.

Interview Question – Explain how what you have learned in your classes would apply as a consulting intern   Answer Question

Pathways Summer Leadership Program Interview

Pathways Summer Leadership Program

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2014.

Interview Details – I got referred through a current employee and had a phone interview with the recruiter. We set a time before hand that worked best for both of us and the recruiter called me during that time. The interview was very casual, basically the recruiter wanted to know which way I was headed in accounting. If I was thinking about doing tex or auditing etc.

Interview Question – Why public or private accounting?   Answer Question

Tax Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details – Had an on-campus interview. Interviewer was nice, only asked me a few questions. The interview consisted of me asking most of the questions.

Interview Question – Why this line of service?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes to an office visit.

Tax Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in February 2014.

Interview Details – Short 30 minute on campus interview with one person. A second-round office interview consisting of two 45 minute interviews. Questions general and covering the resume and school. One or two behavioral but nothing unexpected.

Interview Question – Tell about a time you had a group project that had problems, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Tax Manager Interview

Tax Manager
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in September 2009.

Interview Details – Call from internal recruiter; phone interview; lunch meeting.

Interview Question – What is your favorite color?   View Answer

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Tax Senior Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process went well, I met a lot of great people. Going through the hiring process rright now

Negotiation Details – yes I was able to negotiate, stick to your guns

Tax Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2013.

Interview Details – applied online on university career resource website, was invited for first round interview on campus. attended a meet and greet (drinks and hors d'oeuvres) at a local restaurant the evening before the interview, interviewed with a partner the following day, very conversational, heard back from the recruiter 1-2 weeks later and was invited for a second round interview in the office, again very conversational met with a partner and a specialist in the office and attended a dinner while in town

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for McGladrey?   Answer Question