McGladrey LLP Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2014.

Interview

I did an initial phone interview with the hiring manager where we talked about my past experiences, the job, exceptions, and salary for over an hour. The team was currently three members, with two of them in Chicago and one in Minneapolis, I would be working out of the Des Moines office. About a week later I moved on to a technical interview with two of the members of the team I would be working with. Conversation went very well for well over an hour, until we got to salary. I told them the same thing I told the hiring manager, but the conversation/interview abruptly ended there. Two weeks later I got a call from the original hiring manager that they were going to go with a local person. Three days later I got an alert from their website saying a new job was posted, which was the same one.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online – interviewed at McGladrey LLP (New Haven, CT).

Interview

The HR department called weeks after applying online. They wanted transcripts prior to the interview. First interview went great. The representative was friendly and easy to talk to. I received a call back but at the second interview a different representative asked a lot of tax specific questions when it was an entry level position

Assurance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and shortly afterwards a recruiter called me to have a phone interview. Based on that phone interview I was able to get an opportunity for an office interview. First, I was interviewed by one of the audit partners, then a senior audit manager, and lastly by newly promoted audit manager. Each interview was in a separate office, approximately 30 minutes with each individual.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself? (The partner was multitasking, he was looking at me and scanning my resume) Why McGladrey? How did you hear about us?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, I did not. If I would have had more work experience maybe but the compensation and benefits were perfect for me.

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

First round interviews, got to chat with one of the current employees while waiting. First interview was a lot about what I was looking for. could tell interviewer was tired after interviewing all day. Second round.. one presentation about the company, then a brief office tour, and then three interviews with different level staffs. Mostly about why McGladrey, why audit, groupwork, my knowledge about McGladrey's auditing practice, etc. Lunch after for over an hour.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Intensive interview process. Was pleased to make it through the process. Didn't get a job offer (yet) but can honestly say they have an in-depth approach as apposed to glancing through resumes.

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Duluth, MN) in October 2013.

Interview

There was a preliminary interview and if you did well you would move on to a second stream of interviews. I had three interviews with two partners and a manager over the course of four hours. It's exhausting, but the key is to be open and honest as well as comfortable meeting new people and being under pressure. The questions were more personal than work related in some cases.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you about your extra-curricular involvement and will point out any flaws they see on your transcript, so be ready to answer andy school related questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Applied through University job site, got an email about a social at a nearby restaurant to meet the firm (but was not required), scheduled an interview time through university job site, had one interview with HR employer from Cedar Rapids, IA. It took over a month to hear back from them even with a thank you email and another email asking about an estimate on when I would hear back (with no reply)

Interview Questions

• Take me through a time when you had someone working for you that did not deliver on a deadline?; Many questions were previously listed in Glassdoor   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2013.

Interview

The process was spread over 4 successive screening / interviews: HR phone screening, On site one to one interview with practice Partner and Director, and Interview with the team (supervisor, senior consultant and consultant)

Interview Questions

• Functional: How can you hep us to develop the business with mid size financial institutions Technical: What are the main characteristics of the BSA / Patriot Act   Answer Question

Business Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

This process was long and drawn out... it took over a month to actually get an offer. I had to interview by phone and in person with 5-6 different employees.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process began with an on-campus interview with a partner of the firm. Then I was invited for an office visit where I was interviewed two more times by a Partner and Director. The recruitment team made the office visit incredibly comfortable by starting the day off with a jeopardy-type game with a chance to win McGladrey swag and being incredibly personable throughout the day. After my office visit, I received a call back within 4 hours with my job offer.