McGladrey LLP Interview Questions

2.6

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT
    Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

I applied online – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

The HR department called weeks after applying online. They wanted transcripts prior to the interview. First interview went great. The representative was friendly and easy to talk to. I received a call back but at the second interview a different representative asked a lot of tax specific questions when it was an entry level position

Javascript Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2014.

I did an initial phone interview with the hiring manager where we talked about my past experiences, the job, exceptions, and salary for over an hour. The team was currently three members, with two of them in Chicago and one in Minneapolis, I would be working out of the Des Moines office. About a week later I moved on to a technical interview with two of the members of the team I would be working with. Conversation went very well for well over an hour, until we got to salary. I told them the same thing I told the hiring manager, but the conversation/interview abruptly ended there. Two weeks later I got a call from the original hiring manager that they were going to go with a local person. Three days later I got an alert from their website saying a new job was posted, which was the same one.

Assurance Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in March 2014.

I applied online and shortly afterwards a recruiter called me to have a phone interview. Based on that phone interview I was able to get an opportunity for an office interview. First, I was interviewed by one of the audit partners, then a senior audit manager, and lastly by newly promoted audit manager. Each interview was in a separate office, approximately 30 minutes with each individual.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about yourself? (The partner was multitasking, he was looking at me and scanning my resume)
      Why McGladrey?
      How did you hear about us?

Answer Question
    No, I did not. If I would have had more work experience maybe but the compensation and benefits were perfect for me.

Assurance Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

First round interviews, got to chat with one of the current employees while waiting. First interview was a lot about what I was looking for. could tell interviewer was tired after interviewing all day.
    Second round.. one presentation about the company, then a brief office tour, and then three interviews with different level staffs. Mostly about why McGladrey, why audit, groupwork, my knowledge about McGladrey's auditing practice, etc. Lunch after for over an hour.

Financial Advisor Services Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Applied through University job site, got an email about a social at a nearby restaurant to meet the firm (but was not required), scheduled an interview time through university job site, had one interview with HR employer from Cedar Rapids, IA. It took over a month to hear back from them even with a thank you email and another email asking about an estimate on when I would hear back (with no reply)

Interview Questions
    • Take me through a time when you had someone working for you that did not deliver on a deadline?; Many questions were previously listed in Glassdoor   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Intensive interview process. Was pleased to make it through the process. Didn't get a job offer (yet) but can honestly say they have an in-depth approach as apposed to glancing through resumes.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

It was through our school career website. It didn't take more than a week. A HR called me and asked several basic questions, such as what is my GPA, where I was academically, and interest... The lady was really nice and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • I had to take an Auditing exam, which was really hard. They require the score needs to be above 90%.   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Went to Meet the Firms in CSULA and talked to an associate. She kindly forwarded my resume to the recruiter and eventually got an email from the HR Department. I was invited to a social the night before my interview, went through the interview process the following day. Went through 3 interviews in total. Must be prepared to answer plenty of questions and have plenty of questions to ask.

Audit Senior Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Contacted on phone by internal recruiter who found resume.

One formal at office Interview met with:

Supervisor - Financial Services
    Director - Financial Services
    Partner - Financial Services
    Recruiting Coordinator - Financial Services

Taken to lunch.

Interview Questions
    • Take me through a time when you had someone working for you that did not deliver on a deadline?   Answer Question
    None

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interviewed with two Partners and a Director of Development. The primary questions were regarding my sales experience. The firm was certainly looking for more of a salesman than someone with audit expertise.